Home Forums Television 2020 Emmys Predictions (Part 6)

2020 Emmys Predictions (Part 6)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 513 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +6 hidden )
replies
views
users
Luca Giliberti
Riley Chow
boss
  • Leon94
    Participant
    Topics:

Tyler Perry has a Netflix movie called A Fall from Grace which will be released on January 17th. His upcoming movie will feature Phylicia Rashad and Cicely Tyson. Could this be an Emmy contender since this is only going to be on Netflix? P.S. I know Tyler Perry films are not popular or critical darlings, but maybe this one might be an exception.

puck05
    Participant
    Topics:

Teaser for Jason Segel’s upcoming AMC anthology series ‘Dispatches From Elsewhere’ starring Segel and Sally Field:

https://twitter.com/dispatches_amc/status/1198795301261316097?s=21

Miossid
    Participant
    Topics:

Am I the only one who thinks Olivia Colman shouldn’t win the Emmy for this season? She was great, but she didn’t have much to do, in my opinion.

Lance
    Participant
    Topics:

Am I the only one who thinks Olivia Colman shouldn’t win the Emmy for this season? She was great, but she didn’t have much to do, in my opinion.

I haven’t finished the season yet, but so far I think she has done a wonderful job. I think she is still the frontrunner. Her and Jodie Comer right now.

Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Participant
    Topics:

SUPPORTING ACTOR IN A LIMITED SERIES/MOVIE (will do later)

Think this is about every major contender from announced projects

Aaron Paul – Truth Be Told
    Andre 3000 – Dispatches from Elsewhere
    Andrew Scott – Modern Love (?)
    Cameron Boyce – Mrs Fletcher
    Damson Idris – Black Mirror
    Darren Criss – Hollywood (lead?)
    David Sworenet – Hollywood (lead?)
    Dev Patel – Modern Love (?)
    Donald Sutherland – The Undoing
    Dylan McDermott – Hollywood
    Finn Wittrock – American Horror Story: 1984
    Edgar Ramirez – The Undoing
    James Corden – Gavin & Stacey Christmas Special
    James Marsden – Mrs America
    Jeremy Pope – Hollywood (lead?)
    Jesse Plemmons – El Camino: A Breaking Bad Film
    Jim Parsons – Hollywood
    Joe Mantello – Hollywood
    John Carroll Lynch – American Horror Story: 1984
    John Heffernan – Dracula
    John Slattery – Mrs America
    Joshua Jackson – Little Fires Everywhere
    Karl Glusman – Devs
    Marcello Fonte – I Know This Much Is True
    Matthew McFayden – Quiz
    Maxim Baldry – Years and Years
    Nick Robinson – A Teacher
    Noah Jupe – The Undoing
    Richard E. Grant – Dispatches from Elsewhere
    Ron Cephas Jones – Truth Be Told
    Russell Tovey – Years and Years
    Seth McFarlene – The Loudest Voice
    Yahya Abdul-Mateen II – Black Mirror
    Zach Greiner – Devs

Miossid
    Participant
    Topics:

I haven’t finished the season yet, but so far I think she has done a wonderful job. I think she is still the frontrunner. Her and Jodie Comer right now.

Yes she did, but, I don’t know, I found Elisabeth Moss more deserving, for example.

Lance
    Participant
    Topics:

Yes she did, but, I don’t know, I found Elisabeth Moss more deserving, for example.

I don’t watch Handmaids so I don’t know how Moss compares to Colman and Comer.

methaddiction
    Participant
    Topics:

I would put Moss and Kidman over Colman.

sofan
    Participant
    Topics:

Idk about Colman but HBC has to win this season. The internal competition next season will be too fierce to overcome with both Diana and Tatcher entering the picture.

Also, I really hope Harry Treadaway could pull a guest nomination this season and a supporting one next season. He was amazing in both Penny Dreadful and Mr. Mercedes.

Ivo Stoyanov
    Participant
    Topics:

Another stupendous performance by Rami Malek in this week’s Mr Robot. First half of the season was not so strong IMHO but he’s pulled out belters just in time for SAG and GG nom voting. All is forgiven for Bohemian Rhapsody. Just wish Tod Campbell and Sam Esmail would chill out a bit with the cinematography performance art/endless homage to favourite directors. Less is more.

The entire season has being beyond superb. And I love the directing and the cinematography, it is quite unique for the show and works flawlessly. Sometimes more fits perfectly.

Ivo Stoyanov
    Participant
    Topics:

The most beloved episode of Black Mirror this season was “Smithereens” and it also happens to be the largest – 70 minutes. The new rule says 75 minutes, are we sure that Netflix cannot find a way to make it eligible since it only lacks 5 minutes? I suppose that they even can add some cut scenes to make it to 75 minutes.

puck05
    Participant
    Topics:

The most beloved episode of Black Mirror this season was “Smithereens” and it also happens to be the largest – 70 minutes. The new rule says 75 minutes, are we sure that Netflix cannot find a way to make it eligible since it only lacks 5 minutes? I suppose that they even can add some cut scenes to make it to 75 minutes.

Even if they add 5 minutes it’s still not strong enough like the previous nominated episodes.

DvirBA
    Participant
    Topics:

Semi-unrelated but D&D just won their 7th Emmy at the International Emmy Awards last night

David-Benioff-and-Dan-Weiss-International-Emmys-Founders-Award-2019-2<br />image posting<br />

Now tied with Matthew Weiner as most Emmy wins for a show runner for a single show!

Ivo Stoyanov
    Participant
    Topics:

Even if they add 5 minutes it’s still not strong enough like the previous nominated episodes.

It is arguably better than Bandersnatch and much better received. Far inferior than San Junipero and Callister, but again, so was Bandersnatch.

Now tied with Matthew Weiner as most Emmy wins for a show runner for a single show!

What a travesty, this makes me sad, at least Weiner won all of his for his original material and under competition.

Lance
    Participant
    Topics:

Does Tobias Menzies have a shot in winning Drama Actor or will Billy Porter repeat? I feel that if Brian Cox and Jeremy Strong get in they might vote split possibly. Also will Ozark return for Jason Bateman and could Steve Carrell get in for The Morning Show even though he submitted for Supporting at Globes. Any thoughts?

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 513 total)

The topic ‘2020 Emmys Predictions (Part 6)’ is closed to new replies.