Home Forums Television 2020 Emmys Predictions (Part 6)

2020 Emmys Predictions (Part 6)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 519 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 week ago
replies
views
users
Luca Giliberti
Riley Chow
boss
  • kellis
    Spectator
    Topics:

Watchmen is so safe for the Globes. To be honest, King might be ahead of Aniston at this point. All this negative buzz for Apple might end up killing the latter altogether.

“No user starts this shady” - someone culturally relevant.

Also got banned because...reasons? So, I guess ciao.

thatnerdgreg
    Participant
    Topics:

Watchmen has totally secured a drama series nomination with its WGA Drama Series nomination. As far as I know, freshman seasons which are nominated always have an Emmy nomination for best drama series.

Ivo Stoyanov
    Participant
    Topics:

The Handmaid’s Tale and This is us proved once again how strong they are. Mr. Robot and Orange is the New Black will fight until the end for its final seasons.

Seven
    Participant
    Topics:

Watchmen is so safe for the Globes. To be honest, King might be ahead of Aniston at this point. All this negative buzz for Apple might end up killing the latter altogether.

As she should ❤️

Emmyfan
    Participant
    Topics:

AFI TOP 10 TV PROGRAMS OF 2019

Chernobyl
    The Crown
    Fosse/Verdon
    Game of Thrones
    Pose
    Succession
    Unbelievable
    Veep
    Watchmen
    When They See Us

Special Award – Fleabag

Yay for Pose!!!!!

jacob121
    Participant
    Topics:

But at the end of the day it’s all about strategy. Netflix would be beyond stupid not to submit him as guest.

Why? He has an extremely strong chance in supporting which is a much higher profile award and they can easily get Litghow in guest.

Miossid
    Participant
    Topics:

Why? He has an extremely strong chance in supporting which is a much higher profile award and they can easily get Litghow in guest.

He might not win in Supporting, while in Guest he is probably a lock to get the Emmy.

jacob121
    Participant
    Topics:

He might not win in Supporting, while in Guest he is probably a lock to get the Emmy.

I mean, maybe, but that’s just speculation.

If we are just speculating we can say that his going supporting allows a likely additional guest acting nomination, boosting Netflix’s total nomination count, which they are desperate to jack up in order to prove their supremacy to HBO.

forwardswill
    Participant
    Topics:

All I want is just one awards season where Regina King isn’t championed for a performance that wouldn’t even be on the radar if it was given by anyone else but because it’s her is heralded as some kind of nuanced masterwork

Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

All I want is just one awards season where Regina King isn’t championed for a performance that wouldn’t even be on the radar if it was given by anyone else but because it’s her is heralded as some kind of nuanced masterwork

This.

Oscar FYC - Lupita Nyong'o & Elisabeth Moss ("Us") - Best Actress & Supporting Actress. It must happen; otherwise the Tethered are coming.

Anonymous
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

After the latest episode, Riverdale deserves to win Best Comedy ensemble at SAG. I mean, the cast was hilarious. I laughed so much.

Oh, and Gina Torres is coming for Best Comedy Guest Actress. Mark my words.

Oscar FYC - Lupita Nyong'o & Elisabeth Moss ("Us") - Best Actress & Supporting Actress. It must happen; otherwise the Tethered are coming.

OhJulian
    Participant
    Topics:

Will Westworld premiere on time? If not, HBC could easily takes this home (unless Yvonne somehow pulls through and wins the Emmy she was snubbed for on THT S2)

gabspss
    Participant
    Topics:

In the last decade all new shows nominated for a WGA in the Dramatic category were also nominated for Outstanding Drama at the Emmys after, they are:

Boardwalk Empire
    Homeland
    Better Call Saul
    Mr. Robot
    Westworld
    Stranger Things
    Succession

…That means Watchmen should be a lock right now.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by  gabspss.
    • This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by  gabspss.
    thebtpyoda@gmail.com
    Participant
    Topics:

In the last decade all new shows nominated for an WGA in the Dramatic category were also nominated for Outstanding Drama at the Emmys after, they are:

Boardwalk Empire
    Homeland
    Better Call Saul
    Mr. Robot
    Westworld
    Stranger Things
    Succession

…That means Watchmen should be a lock right now.

Do you think mindhunter gets nominated for best drama for the Emmys now. Since it was nominated for a Wga?

Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 519 total)

The topic ‘2020 Emmys Predictions (Part 6)’ is closed to new replies.