Home Forums Television 2020 Emmys Predictions (Part 6)

2020 Emmys Predictions (Part 6)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 272 total)
Created
3 weeks ago
Last Reply
12 hours ago
replies
views
users
Lance
Ivo Stoyanov
Riley Chow
  • Reis
    Participant
    Topics:

Avenue 5 trailer. New HBO comedy starring Hugh Laurie, created by Armando Iannucci (Veep.

ReplyCopy URL
    jacob121
    Participant
    Topics:

Jodie Comer could easily miss?

Winners are dropped all the time and her category is stacked.

ReplyCopy URL
    Lance
    Participant
    Topics:

I dont think Comer will get dropped next year, she gives an incredible performance and she is VERY popular.

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

That is intriguing. Then why don’t you have Emmy winners Matthew Rhys and Tatiana Maslany?

Her category is too competitive, but I totally thought that I had typed him in, so good catch!  I have edited my post and taken out Milo Ventimiglia.

ReplyCopy URL
    methaddiction
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t care about This is Us anymore but every year people remove Milo like he isn’t going to just get name checked like Sterling.

ReplyCopy URL
    Tyler
    Participant
    Topics:

Avenue 5 trailer. New HBO comedy starring Hugh Laurie, created by Armando Iannucci (Veep.

Comedy is having the perfect off year for this to make a real dent. For sure betting on it for noms in series, Laurie, and writing for Iannuci.

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

I don’t care about This is Us anymore but every year people remove Milo like he isn’t going to just get name checked like Sterling.

If Perry Mason hits, who should I take out instead?

ReplyCopy URL
    Carlo
    Participant
    Topics:

This Is Us just had an amazing first half of the season and should keep its slot.

This is the very first year where I think Milo doesn’t deserve a nod (sadly Jack story is pretty over) but I certainly wouldn’t rule out another nomination.

ReplyCopy URL
    Guest 2018
    Participant
    Topics:

Avenue 5 = HBO’s The Orville.

ReplyCopy URL
    Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

This Is Us just had an amazing first half of the season and should keep its slot. This is the very first year where I think Milo doesn’t deserve a nod (sadly Jack story is pretty over) but I certainly wouldn’t rule out another nomination.

I agree with this 🙁 This is the first time where I’d say that Sterling is much more deserving. He’s really, really good this year, mostly because Randall is actually having a decent, more toned down storyline. Justin Hartley & Mandy Moore are the standouts so far though, IMO. But Sterling is pretty close. They need to give Milo more material, otherwise he should move to supporting.

Oscar FYC - Lupita Nyong'o & Elisabeth Moss ("Us") - Best Actress & Supporting Actress. It must happen; otherwise the Tethered are coming.

ReplyCopy URL
    Ivo Stoyanov
    Participant
    Topics:

Lead Actor: Jason Bateman, Sterling K. Brown, Tobias Menzies, Bob Odenkirk, Billy Porter, Milo Ventimiglia

I have the same six and they all seem like locks, there can be a seventh nominee, if someone has to go to be replaced by Rhys, it will not be Ventimiglia, Bateman, Odenkirk and Menzies are wicker.

I agree with Luca, I also previously said that Ventimiglia can go to supporting, but I think that if this happens, his slot will be occupied by Justin Hartley, he will put “an Ed Harris move” and will make it as lead although he could never able to enter in supporting.

However, Sterling K. Brown and Mandy Moore are the clear MVP´s, after them is Hartley. Brown was the single MVP of season 1 and among the MVP´s of season 3, Ventimiglia was clearly better only in season 2.

ReplyCopy URL
    ginnala
    Spectator
    Topics:

Jodie Comer could easily miss? Winners are dropped all the time and her category is stacked.

Y’all said the same thing about Tatiana Maslany last year and she returned, even after a year break. When you are that popular, you are not dropped until your show ends.

And btw I think Killing Eve also returns in Series. I know most of you here don’t appreciate the show but I don’t see any reasons to believe (until we actually see the season) that it will be dropped when it did well in noms this year (yes in a weak year, but still, it’s no Pose).

ReplyCopy URL
    furbul
    Participant
    Topics:

If Perry Mason hits, who should I take out instead?

Was it confirmed that Mason premieres in the first half of the year?

ReplyCopy URL
    Ivo Stoyanov
    Participant
    Topics:

Y’all said the same thing about Tatiana Maslany last year and she returned, even after a year break. When you are that popular, you are not dropped until your show ends.

I did not, I predicted Maslany correctly. And I agree with you, Comer is a lock. Riley has something against her, he didn’t even predict her nomination this year and never believed that she can win after, even after his obvious mistake of not predicting her nomination.

ReplyCopy URL
    boss
    Participant
    Topics:

@riley What about The Outsider? Netflix’s The Eddy and Amazon’s Hunters might also land major nominations.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 272 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.