Home Forums Television 2020 Emmys Predictions (Part 6)

2020 Emmys Predictions (Part 6)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 519 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
3 days ago
replies
views
users
Luca Giliberti
Riley Chow
boss
  • boss
    Participant
    Topics:

Do you think mindhunter gets nominated for best drama for the Emmys now. Since it was nominated for a Wga?

Mindhunter is actually praised by many filmmaker. Parasite’s director said he would like to direct an episode.

jacob121
    Participant
    Topics:

All I want is just one awards season where Regina King isn’t championed for a performance that wouldn’t even be on the radar if it was given by anyone else but because it’s her is heralded as some kind of nuanced masterwork

Not here for this King disrespect.

Julian14
    Participant
    Topics:

All I want is just one awards season where Regina King isn’t championed for a performance that wouldn’t even be on the radar if it was given by anyone else but because it’s her is heralded as some kind of nuanced masterwork

. Someone is not watching watchmen i see

thatnerdgreg
    Participant
    Topics:

In the last decade all new shows nominated for an WGA in the Dramatic category were also nominated for Outstanding Drama at the Emmys after, they are: Boardwalk Empire Homeland Better Call Saul Mr. Robot Westworld Stranger Things Succession …That means Watchmen should be a lock right now. Do you think mindhunter gets nominated for best drama for the Emmys now. Since it was nominated for a Wga?

I wouldn’t completely count out Mindhunter, but I’m not gonna predict it for now since this is a very crowded year.

Reis
    Participant
    Topics:

So you will be happy when she win this time. Because no way a good actress playing Angela Abar would not be on radar. It’s a strong lead role in one of the most praised show of the year. King deserved to win for American Crime the first time and I agree she didn’t in the second one and for Seven Seconds. But I didn’t understand why specifically calling for this when she is giving a great performance and probably will have an even better episode this Sunday.

mafro987
    Participant
    Topics:

So you will be happy when she win this time. Because no way a good actress playing Angela Abar would not be on radar. It’s a strong lead role in one of the most praised show of the year. King deserved to win for American Crime the first time and I agree she didn’t in the second one and for Seven Seconds. But I didn’t understand why specifically calling for this when she is giving a great performance and probably will have an even better episode this Sunday.

And was shut out (aside from CC) for one of the best supporting performances of the decade in The Leftovers.

For Your Consideration:

Best International Feature: Instinct (The Netherlands)
    Best Actress: Carice van Houten (Instinct)

forwardswill
    Participant
    Topics:

It’s a strong lead role in one of the most praised show of the year.

Forgive me but what does a “strong” character or the quality of the show have anything to do with King’s performance.

I’m glad lots of people are replying to me though – it’s good to see who are the folks who would not see that the emperor was naked.

Reis
    Participant
    Topics:

Forgive me but what does a “strong” character or the quality of the show have anything to do with King’s performance.

I’m glad lots of people are replying to me though – it’s good to see who are the folks who would not see that the emperor was naked.

I wasn’t talking about her performance when I said this. I was talking about you saying other actress would not get the same praise. Well, I don’t know with you know, but when you have a strong characters in a praised and beloved show, it is not that hard to get award and critic attention. So it isn’t so difficult to think that another good actress would be nominated and be mentioned in awards conversation.

The praise Watchmen is getting is huge and Regina is a essential part of the show. She is a 48 years old black lady doing a kick-ass character being in many moments the heart of the show. Of course she would get attention. She still have two episode to show to us her performance and the next seems a huge one for her. I just don’t understand your commentary, this is why I replied. You saying that you want a award season with King winning with a not so special performance, like it was the big injustice in an award season, when she is actually making an amazing job, for me it is bullshit.

thatnerdgreg
    Participant
    Topics:

I still have like three episodes of Succession to go, but I’m starting to think that Sarah Snook can make it in. There’s a lot of passion for her work, so I can imagine a lot of fans giving her their number 1 spots even if they plan on voting for someone else when it comes to the win. And unlike her co-stars, she won’t suffer from vote splitting.

mafro987
    Participant
    Topics:

I still have like three episodes of Succession to go, but I’m starting to think that Sarah Snook can make it in. There’s a lot of passion for her work, so I can imagine a lot of fans giving her their number 1 spots even if they plan on voting for someone else when it comes to the win. And unlike her co-stars, she won’t suffer from vote splitting.

She’s amazing in the last 3 episodes too!

For Your Consideration:

Best International Feature: Instinct (The Netherlands)
    Best Actress: Carice van Houten (Instinct)

thatnerdgreg
    Participant
    Topics:

She’s amazing in the last 3 episodes too!

I never had any doubt.

thatnerdgreg
    Participant
    Topics:

Just finished episode 8 of Succession. If KenWA doesn’t win Jeremy Strong the Emmy, I’m gonna riot.

This show’s seriously funnier than most comedies out there right now. Kieran Culkin in that recording booth absolutely killed me.

puck05
    Participant
    Topics:

Is it normal that I laugh more to Succession than I watch Barry?

Tyler
    Participant
    Topics:

PSA- Watchmen just aired one of the best television episodes I’ve ever seen. It’s getting in.

musterd
    Participant
    Topics:

Is it normal that I laugh more to Succession than I watch Barry?

Same; there are genuinely more LOLs in Succession than the comedy nominees except Fleabag and Schitt’s Creek. But it’s not really surprising since Jesse Armstrong did co-write Peep Show and The Thick of It which are funnier than the aforementioned.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by  musterd.
Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 519 total)

The topic ‘2020 Emmys Predictions (Part 6)’ is closed to new replies.