Home Forums Television 2020 Emmys Predictions (Part 6)

2020 Emmys Predictions (Part 6)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 513 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +6 hidden )
replies
views
users
Luca Giliberti
Riley Chow
boss
  • boss
    Participant
    Topics:

SAG and other prominent guilds are yet to be announced but this is certain: Unbelievable is coming STRONG. It is doing incredible with critics’ yearly lists and awards. It will also have the backing of Netflix’s campaign. Series, Writing, Directing, Dever, Wever, Collette nominations are locks.

methaddiction
    Participant
    Topics:

SAG and other prominent guilds are yet to be announced but this is certain: Unbelievable is coming STRONG. It is doing incredible with critics’ yearly lists and awards. It will also have the backing of Netflix’s campaign. Series, Writing, Directing, Dever, Wever, Collette nominations are locks.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Wever ends up on stage again they seem to like her in the same way as Regina King.

Sab227
    Participant
    Topics:

Good point. I’m probably gonna end up adding episode 9 after I see it next week.

Yeah from how amazing this show gets week after week there’s no doubt that most likely it will also be a contender for writing

Mukund
    Participant
    Topics:

Stranger Things couldn’t even get in at ADG.💀

Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

As it should be. After Hill House last year, I can’t take my favorite show of the year underperforming again.

Emmys FYC - "Unbelievable" and "The Handmaid's Tale" in all categories; Viola Davis in Best Drama Actress for the final season of "HTGAWM;" "Ozark:" Drama Series, Laura Linney (Best Actress) and Julia Garner (Best Supporting Actress)

Jays
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m one of the biggest fans of Unbelievable but Dever is not a lock at the Emmy’s, especially since she’s being pushed in Lead. This Globe nom really helps and it would awesome to see her surprise at SAG tomorrow, but the internal competition with Wever + the possibility of big time names being in the mix of contenders come Emmy time next year, leave me a little worried. Joey King being nominated last year is a good sign though, it shows they’re not really prejudice when it comes to younger actors.

sofan
    Participant
    Topics:

I wouldn’t be surprised if Wever ends up on stage again they seem to like her in the same way as Regina King.

Cate Blanchett and her show must really suck in order for Wever to win over her.

Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Participant
    Topics:

CDGA nominations

Excellence in Contemporary Television
    • Big Little Lies: “She Knows” – Alix Friedberg
    • Fleabag: “2.1” – Ray Holman
    • Killing Eve: “Desperate Times” – Charlotte Mitchell
    • Russian Doll: “Superiority Complex” – Jennifer Rogien
    • Schitt’$ Creek: “The Dress” – Debra Hanson

Excellence in Period Television
    • Chernobyl: “Please Remain Calm” – Odile Dicks-Mireaux
    • The Crown: “Cri De Coeur” – Amy Roberts
    • Fosse/Verdon: “Life is a Cabaret” – Melissa Toth & Joseph La Corte
    • GLOW: “Freaky Tuesday” – Beth Morgan
    • The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel: “It’s Comedy or Cabbage” – Donna Zakowska

Excellence in Sci-Fi / Fantasy Television
    • Carnival Row: “Aisling” – Joyce Schure
    • Game of Thrones: “The Iron Throne” – Michele Clapton
    • The Handmaid’s Tale: “Household” – Natalie Bronfman
    • A Series of Unfortunate Events: “Penultimate Peril: Part 2” – Cynthia Summers
    • Watchmen: “It’s Summer and We’re Running Out of Ice” – Sharen Davis

Kay
    Participant
    Topics:

Same; there are genuinely more LOLs in Succession than the comedy nominees except Fleabag and Schitt’s Creek. But it’s not really surprising since Jesse Armstrong did co-write Peep Show and The Thick of It which are funnier than the aforementioned.

I agree… but “Veep” is the funniest show ever created.

Mukund
    Participant
    Topics:

Watchmen has gotten in at WGA, ADG, CDG and now ACE Eddie. It only missed at CAS, conversely the only place Stranger Things has made it in so far.

jacob121
    Participant
    Topics:

Watchmen has gotten in at WGA, ADG, CDG and now ACE Eddie. It only missed at CAS, conversely the only place Stranger Things has made it in so far.

A decent guild run so far but could easily be snubbed, unfortunately, given Emmy voters’ tastes and the heavy competition. They haven’t exactly been friendly towards Lindelof properties historically, even when they have been hyped and praised by critics. The real test, I think, will be if it can get in at PGA or DGA (it was never getting in with the SAG crowd so that snub doesn’t concern me as much). I still think King makes it, though, even without series.

Also, re: Unbelievable – nothing is “locked” for Emmys in December.They tend to have a short memory. Being easily accessible on Netflix will help but definitely not guaranteed at all.

• This reply was modified 3 months, 3 weeks ago by  jacob121.
    • This reply was modified 3 months, 3 weeks ago by  jacob121.
    nat1612
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m not surprised Watchmen didn’t get a nomination at SAG. I’ve only watched the first 2 episodes so far, but it is extremely weird and doesn’t seem their type at all. Not sure Emmy’s will be much different. Whereas SAG have always loved ST.

mafro987
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m not surprised Watchmen didn’t get a nomination at SAG. I’ve only watched the first 2 episodes so far, but it is extremely weird and doesn’t seem their type at all. Not sure Emmy’s will be much different. Whereas SAG have always loved ST.

Technically it did get a SAG nomination (stunt ensemble). And if it hits PGA/DGA, it’s in at the Emmys regardless of the idiotic globes shut out.

For Your Consideration:

Best International Feature: Instinct (The Netherlands)
    Best Actress: Carice van Houten (Instinct)

Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

I can’t wait for people to underpredict Handmaid’s at the Emmys once again when it’s been getting at almost every single guild. Praise be.

Emmys FYC - "Unbelievable" and "The Handmaid's Tale" in all categories; Viola Davis in Best Drama Actress for the final season of "HTGAWM;" "Ozark:" Drama Series, Laura Linney (Best Actress) and Julia Garner (Best Supporting Actress)

boss
    Participant
    Topics:

Also, re: Unbelievable – nothing is “locked” for Emmys in December.They tend to have a short memory. Being easily accessible on Netflix will help but definitely not guaranteed at all.

PGA and DGA are yet to be announced but so far it has hit critics’ lists, AFI, WGA, Critics Choice, Golden Globes and SAG. None of the previous limited series in recent years that has aired in summer/fall managed to accomplish all of these. I think it is in.

Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 513 total)

The topic ‘2020 Emmys Predictions (Part 6)’ is closed to new replies.