Home Forums Television 2020 Emmys Predictions (Part 6)

2020 Emmys Predictions (Part 6)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 514 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 days ago
replies
views
users
Luca Giliberti
Riley Chow
boss
  • thatnerdgreg
    Participant
    Topics:

PSA- Watchmen just aired one of the best television episodes I’ve ever seen. It’s getting in.

Episodes 5,6, and 8 of Watchmen all deserve writing nominations. The quality is just too high to ignore them.

ReplyCopy URL
    24fanatic
    Participant
    Topics:

Agreed. Watchmen has officially become a major awards player after tonight’s episode. Hopefully the Globes recognize the series tomorrow morning!

ReplyCopy URL
    thatnerdgreg
    Participant
    Topics:

Agreed. Watchmen has officially become a major awards player after tonight’s episode. Hopefully the Globes recognize the series tomorrow morning!

Well, shit.

ReplyCopy URL
    Sab227
    Participant
    Topics:

Episodes 5,6, and 8 of Watchmen all deserve writing nominations. The quality is just too high to ignore them.

I would also add episode 3

ReplyCopy URL
    thatnerdgreg
    Participant
    Topics:

I would also add episode 3

Good point. I’m probably gonna end up adding episode 9 after I see it next week.

ReplyCopy URL
    boss
    Participant
    Topics:

SAG and other prominent guilds are yet to be announced but this is certain: Unbelievable is coming STRONG. It is doing incredible with critics’ yearly lists and awards. It will also have the backing of Netflix’s campaign. Series, Writing, Directing, Dever, Wever, Collette nominations are locks.

ReplyCopy URL
    methaddiction
    Participant
    Topics:

SAG and other prominent guilds are yet to be announced but this is certain: Unbelievable is coming STRONG. It is doing incredible with critics’ yearly lists and awards. It will also have the backing of Netflix’s campaign. Series, Writing, Directing, Dever, Wever, Collette nominations are locks.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Wever ends up on stage again they seem to like her in the same way as Regina King.

ReplyCopy URL
    Sab227
    Participant
    Topics:

Good point. I’m probably gonna end up adding episode 9 after I see it next week.

Yeah from how amazing this show gets week after week there’s no doubt that most likely it will also be a contender for writing

ReplyCopy URL
    Mukund
    Participant
    Topics:

Stranger Things couldn’t even get in at ADG.💀

ReplyCopy URL
    Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

As it should be. After Hill House last year, I can’t take my favorite show of the year underperforming again.

Oscar FYC - Lupita Nyong'o & Elisabeth Moss ("Us") - Best Actress & Supporting Actress. It must happen; otherwise the Tethered are coming.

ReplyCopy URL
    Jays
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m one of the biggest fans of Unbelievable but Dever is not a lock at the Emmy’s, especially since she’s being pushed in Lead. This Globe nom really helps and it would awesome to see her surprise at SAG tomorrow, but the internal competition with Wever + the possibility of big time names being in the mix of contenders come Emmy time next year, leave me a little worried. Joey King being nominated last year is a good sign though, it shows they’re not really prejudice when it comes to younger actors.

ReplyCopy URL
    sofan
    Participant
    Topics:

I wouldn’t be surprised if Wever ends up on stage again they seem to like her in the same way as Regina King.

Cate Blanchett and her show must really suck in order for Wever to win over her.

ReplyCopy URL
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Participant
    Topics:

CDGA nominations

Excellence in Contemporary Television
    • Big Little Lies: “She Knows” – Alix Friedberg
    • Fleabag: “2.1” – Ray Holman
    • Killing Eve: “Desperate Times” – Charlotte Mitchell
    • Russian Doll: “Superiority Complex” – Jennifer Rogien
    • Schitt’$ Creek: “The Dress” – Debra Hanson

Excellence in Period Television
    • Chernobyl: “Please Remain Calm” – Odile Dicks-Mireaux
    • The Crown: “Cri De Coeur” – Amy Roberts
    • Fosse/Verdon: “Life is a Cabaret” – Melissa Toth & Joseph La Corte
    • GLOW: “Freaky Tuesday” – Beth Morgan
    • The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel: “It’s Comedy or Cabbage” – Donna Zakowska

Excellence in Sci-Fi / Fantasy Television
    • Carnival Row: “Aisling” – Joyce Schure
    • Game of Thrones: “The Iron Throne” – Michele Clapton
    • The Handmaid’s Tale: “Household” – Natalie Bronfman
    • A Series of Unfortunate Events: “Penultimate Peril: Part 2” – Cynthia Summers
    • Watchmen: “It’s Summer and We’re Running Out of Ice” – Sharen Davis

ReplyCopy URL
    Kay
    Participant
    Topics:

Same; there are genuinely more LOLs in Succession than the comedy nominees except Fleabag and Schitt’s Creek. But it’s not really surprising since Jesse Armstrong did co-write Peep Show and The Thick of It which are funnier than the aforementioned.

I agree… but “Veep” is the funniest show ever created.

ReplyCopy URL
    Mukund
    Participant
    Topics:

Watchmen has gotten in at WGA, ADG, CDG and now ACE Eddie. It only missed at CAS, conversely the only place Stranger Things has made it in so far.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 514 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.