Home Forums Television 2020 Emmys Predictions (Part 6)

2020 Emmys Predictions (Part 6)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 513 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +6 hidden )
replies
views
users
Luca Giliberti
Riley Chow
boss
  • Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Participant
    Topics:

John Mulaney and the Sack Lunch Bunch is one of the best, more awesome things on Netflix right now. If you haven’t seen it, you’re missing out. It definitely deserves all the Emmys: Pre-Taped Variety Special, Directing, Writing, at least two nominations in the Original Music & Lyrics category, Choreography and, I’m not kidding, Supporting Actor in a Miniseries/Movie for Jake Gyllenhaal. I’m not 100% sure if he’s in it enough to qualify since he appears for like maybe 6 or 7 minutes but he is friggin’ hilarious. He would be a deserving nominee.

I believe the current supporting rule with limited contenders is minimum 15% of run time (I’m positive that’s why Jessica Lange for Apocalypse last year wasn’t eligible before moving to drama). Since it’s a 70min special he would need 3.5mins to qualify so he should be fine.

boss
    Participant
    Topics:

Per TVLine the fourth season of Fargo is set to air this spring, thus eligible.

puck05
    Participant
    Topics:
    Participant
    Topics:

IndieWire in an article about upcoming HBO shows, lists the following for a winter/spring premiere: The Outsider, The Plot Against America, I Know This Much Is True, Barry, Westworld, Bad Education and The Undoing.

Meanwhile, Perry Mason and Run don’t have a mention of their premiere dates, which suggests they might skip this year’s Emmy race.

jacob121
    Participant
    Topics:

Meanwhile, Perry Mason and Run don’t have a mention of their premiere dates, which suggests they might skip this year’s Emmy race.

That’s too bad – of their new offerings these two seemed the most promising to me.

Jays
    Participant
    Topics:

Per TVLine the fourth season of Fargo is set to air this spring, thus eligible.

Omg, yes! I’ve missed this show. Limited series is going to be packed.

Jays
    Participant
    Topics:

IndieWire in an article about upcoming HBO shows, lists the following for a winter/spring premiere: The Outsider, The Plot Against America, I Know This Much Is True, Barry, Westworld, Bad Education and The Undoing. Meanwhile, Perry Mason and Run don’t have a mention of their premiere dates, which suggests they might skip this year’s Emmy race.

Is this definitely reliable, because Bad Education, I Know This Much Is True and The Undoing all don’t have release dates. Not to mention, I’m pretty sure Barry doesn’t even start filming till March. The Undoing should definitely premiere in time though, but I though Perry Mason would be ready as well.

Eden
    Participant
    Topics:

Not to mention, I’m pretty sure Barry doesn’t even start filming till March.

I think filming started in December.

Jays
    Participant
    Topics:

I think filming started in December.

Winkler said in an interview somewhere that it was March

wolfali
    Participant
    Topics:

Is the Comedy race Mrs Maisel vs Avenue 5?

FYC BAFTA : Florence Pugh, Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, Greta Gerwig, Renée & Joaquin
    FYC Oscar ; Renée Zellweger, Joaquin Phoenix & Once Upon a Time in Hollywood
    FYC GD : Florence Pugh in all Categories, Wild Rose (Best Song)
    FYC BAFTA TV : Olivia Colman, Killing Eve, Russell Tovey, Years and Years
    FYC Emmys : Jodie Comer, Olivia Colman, Ruth Wilson

Guest 2018
    Participant
    Topics:

Not even close.

Gabarnes43
    Participant
    Topics:

Schitts Creek will win comedy series and lead actress

FYC Oscars- Little Women, Saoirse Ronan, Joaquin Phoenix, Scarlett Johansson/Florence Pugh

FYC EMMYS- Schitts Creek, Dead to Me/ THE MORNING SHOW, Jennifer Aniston, Reese Witherspoon, Gugu Mbatha Raw, Killing Eve

Guest 2018
    Participant
    Topics:

Nope on this, too.

Matthew anzalone
    Participant
    Topics:

Nope on this, too.

Let me guess: The good place and Kristen bell is winning

Riley Chow
    Keymaster
    Topics:

It is weird to say because it just matched the record for most comedy wins for a single season, right after setting the record the year before, but I do not feel enough passion for The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel to win again.  Maybe you could compare it to how nobody seemed too excited about Veep continuing to win the last time that it did, yet it swept the Emmys and guilds like never before, but then it just fell off a cliff after that.  So I am leaning Schitt’s Creek right now; lead actress is a given anyway and that did go hand in hand this year.

Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 513 total)

The topic ‘2020 Emmys Predictions (Part 6)’ is closed to new replies.