Home Forums Television 2020 Emmys Predictions (Part 6)

2020 Emmys Predictions (Part 6)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 519 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
11 hours ago
replies
views
users
Luca Giliberti
Riley Chow
boss
  • Kay
    Participant
    Topics:

This Is Us just had an amazing first half of the season and should keep its slot. This is the very first year where I think Milo doesn’t deserve a nod (sadly Jack story is pretty over) but I certainly wouldn’t rule out another nomination.

There’s 10 more episodes before the season ends. Last year, Sterling K. Brown was clearly inferior to Ventimiglia during the first half, but got better material during the second half becoming one of the MVPs of the season.

Carlo
    Participant
    Topics:

I think Milo deserved nominations for the first three seasons (and maybe a win for season 2).

I would have nodded Sterling just for season 1 (where he also was win whorthy). He’s true he was good in season 3 second half but outshined by season 3 MVP Susan Kelechi Watson.

Ivo Stoyanov
    Participant
    Topics:

There’s 10 more episodes before the season ends. Last year, Sterling K. Brown was clearly inferior to Ventimiglia during the first half, but got better material during the second half becoming one of the MVPs of the season.

That’s true, but Ventimiglia himself said that Jack will appear less and less, so he is going to direct more on the show.

I would have nodded Sterling just for season 1 (where he also was win whorthy). He’s true he was good in season 3 second half but outshined by season 3 MVP Susan Kelechi Watson.

I wouldn’t say that he was outshined, yes, she was the clear MVP, but most of her scenes would have not worked without him, he was incredible and very deserving.

sofan
    Participant
    Topics:

Her category is too competitive, but I totally thought that I had typed him in, so good catch!  I have edited my post and taken out Milo Ventimiglia.

She managed to get in for Orphan Black’s last season that aired over 1 year prior to the voting period, I highly doubt she’d miss for an HBO show that’d (according to you) hit everywhere (Series, Writing, Directing, and 2 acting nominations) no matter how competitive the category is. Btw is Perry Mason gonna air with Westworld?

And no, Milo is not missing out on a nomination. Odenkirk is more likely to be dropped before him but predicting 7 nominees is an easier and probably more accurate way.

furbul
    Participant
    Topics:

@riley What about The Outsider? Netflix’s The Eddy and Amazon’s Hunters might also land major nominations.

The Outsider is limited series.
    I have a feeling like Hunters could make similar splash as The First – none. Hope I’m wrong tho.
    But The Eddy could be a hit. I think they finished shooting last month but with Netflix you never know when they will release it.

puck05
    Participant
    Topics:

The Outsider is limited series. I have a feeling like Hunters could make similar splash as The First – none. Hope I’m wrong tho. But The Eddy could be a hit. I think they finished shooting last month but with Netflix you never know when they will release it.

The Outsider is now a drama series.

furbul
    Participant
    Topics:

Oh, okay

Tyler
    Participant
    Topics:

It’s HBO vs The Crown

Riley Chow
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Predicting ties is cheating.  If I took out Bob Odenkirk, people would tell me that I am crazy because he has never missed.  People are going to be snubbed this year. To all of you who are hot on Succession, I look forward to your lead actor predictions that somehow squeeze in both of its leads. I did not realize that The Outsider is now a drama and actually is confirmed for this season.  I should swap out Perry Mason for it because that might not air in time.  Just because Tatiana Maslany was celebrated for one meaty role, I am not convinced that she will be nominated for every role.  Hunters looks like a bomb to me and I am not counting on The Eddy making eligibility or otherwise being a factor.

Eden
    Participant
    Topics:

HBO already has three drama contenders, I don’t think they’re in a rush to get Perry Mason out before summer. The Outsider, on the other hand, is described as a drama series, but also as a 10-episode series. Both descriptions are part of the official press release.

gabspss
    Participant
    Topics:

OUTSTANDING DRAMA SERIES:

Better Call Saul, S5 (AMC)
    Succession, S2 (HBO)
    The Crown, S3 (Netflix)
    Watchmen, S1 (HBO)
    Stranger Things, S3 (Netflix)
    This Is Us, S4 (NBC)
    The Handmaid’s Tale, S3 (Hulu)

Very hard to predict, what an year. Killing Eve, Ozark and Westworld I’ll wait. BLL and The Morning Show were hard to put aside. Am I forgetting any other show?

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by  gabspss.
    gabspss
    Participant
    Topics:

I remembered one: Pose. But I do think will not get a nomination with this competition.

puck05
    Participant
    Topics:

I really don’t get what’s the point of nominating Better Call Saul anymore. It still hasn’t won an Emmy with its four seasons, and I doubt that will change with its fifth season.

Eden
    Participant
    Topics:

I really don’t get what’s the point of nominating Better Call Saul anymore. It still hasn’t won an Emmy with its four seasons, and I doubt that will change with its fifth season.

I don’t get what’s the point of your comment.

Turd Ferguson
    Participant
    Topics:

It’s one of the best shows on television, that’s the point.

Big fan of Better Call Saul, Sex Education, Barry, BoJack Horseman, and, especially, Survivor

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 519 total)

The topic ‘2020 Emmys Predictions (Part 6)’ is closed to new replies.