Home Forums Television 2020 Emmys Predictions (Part 6)

2020 Emmys Predictions (Part 6)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 280 total)
Created
3 weeks ago
Last Reply
4 hours ago
replies
views
users
Lance
Ivo Stoyanov
Riley Chow
  • boss
    Participant
    Topics:

HBC is definitely vulnerable it seems. I think she’ll miss SAG, but Dern or Streep ain’t winning either. They’re vote splitting. I think Newton can win again if she delivers as usual in S3 of Westworld. I’m starting to think that with such friendly release date, if Westworld delivers a breathtaking piece of TV with its third season, it can beat Crown and Succession. But I fully expect The Crown to win Directing and Succession to win Writing regardless.

IMO, Succession really has to pull off a Fleabag level of overperformance in nominations to be a contender for series win.

ReplyCopy URL
    Couverture
    Participant
    Topics:

IMO, Succession really has to pull off a Fleabag level of overperformance in nominations to be a contender for series win.

That’s too much. Remember this show is already an Emmy winner in a major televised category.

ReplyCopy URL
    methaddiction
    Participant
    Topics:

Millie Bobby Brown is coming for that Emmy in 2020.

She’s never winning.

ReplyCopy URL
    EsOS
    Spectator
    Topics:

and we’ll love to see it

She was incredible.

Banned for making a fake movie poster

ReplyCopy URL
    Lance
    Participant
    Topics:

I think Stranger Things is a great show, but it will most likely never win anything except for maybe Supp. Actor because voters may think the show is aimed towards a younger audience.

ReplyCopy URL
    Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

^And rightfully so. S3 was just a rehash of previous seasons. Same concept, the whole gang splits up in order to defeat the evil of the season and by the end of it they all reunite and face it. David Harbour has never been win worthy, so I hope he does not win.

ReplyCopy URL
    Ivo Stoyanov
    Participant
    Topics:

Poor lip sync and fake teeth aren’t an Oscar worthy performance if you ask me

I have seen better drag artist impersonations of Mercury than whatever the hell Rami Malek was doing.

Live in denial as much as you want, the REAL world disagree, his Oscar was the most praised one since the win of DiCaprio and maybe even more. And this is the last thing that I am going to say about his rendition in BH. He has the world on his feet. And he gave the performance in a lifetime in the last episode of Mr. Robot.

ginnala wrote:

She’s never winning.

She is in front of HBC and Streep FOR SURE.

ReplyCopy URL
    Thatcher, Former Prime Minister of GoldDerby
    Participant
    Topics:

I have seen better drag artist impersonations of Mercury than whatever the hell Rami Malek was doing.

ReplyCopy URL
    Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

I’m telling y’all right now: Strahovski can win next year if she’s nominated. Mark my words.

Oscar FYC - Lupita Nyong'o & Elisabeth Moss ("Us") - Best Actress & Supporting Actress. It must happen; otherwise the Tethered are coming.

ReplyCopy URL
    Kay
    Participant
    Topics:

HBC is definitely vulnerable it seems. I think she’ll miss SAG, but Dern or Streep ain’t winning either. They’re vote splitting. I think Newton can win again if she delivers as usual in S3 of Westworld. I’m starting to think that with such friendly release date, if Westworld delivers a breathtaking piece of TV with its third season, it can beat Crown and Succession. But I fully expect The Crown to win Directing and Succession to win Writing regardless.

I don’t think Westworld will ever win Series. It’s very complicated and… weird tbh.

ReplyCopy URL
    ginnala
    Spectator
    Topics:

I’m telling y’all right now: Strahovski can win next year if she’s nominated. Mark my words.

Honestly yes because right now there is no frontrunner in that category and she will air at the right time.

I don’t think Westworld will ever win Series. It’s very complicated and… weird tbh.

And s2 was very divisive. I feel like it’s being overestimated here.

ReplyCopy URL
    methaddiction
    Participant
    Topics:

Thandie Newton is also airing at the right time and doesn’t have to deal with costars and she’s a previous winner so that technically puts her above everyone else.

ReplyCopy URL
    Kay
    Participant
    Topics:

Thandie Newton is also airing at the right time and doesn’t have to deal with costars and she’s a previous winner so that technically puts her above everyone else.

I mean… Tessa Thompson… but I get what you’re saying.

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

I’m starting to think that with such friendly release date, if Westworld delivers a breathtaking piece of TV with its third season, it can beat Crown and Succession. But I fully expect The Crown to win Directing and Succession to win Writing regardless.

Westworld is starting in last place out of all of the incumbent Emmy nominees after the guilds dropped it across the board in the major categories.

ReplyCopy URL
    Dennis El Mar
    Participant
    Topics:

“Live in denial as much as you want, the REAL world disagree, his Oscar was the most praised one since the win of DiCaprio and maybe even more”

FYC: Mary Kay Place in Diane

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 280 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.