Home Forums Television 2020 Emmys Predictions (Part 6)

2020 Emmys Predictions (Part 6)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 278 total)
Created
3 weeks ago
Last Reply
3 hours ago
replies
views
users
Lance
Ivo Stoyanov
Riley Chow
  • EsOS
    Spectator
    Topics:

Wait a few years and Rami Malek will be up there with good sis Gwyneth as the most hated Oscar winner lmao

Banned for making a fake movie poster

ReplyCopy URL
    Lance
    Participant
    Topics:

What episodes will shows submit for Best Directing and Writing for Drama as of now.

ReplyCopy URL
    estrelasdealgeruz
    Participant
    Topics:

She is in front of HBC and Streep FOR SURE.

You can’t be serious?! MBB ahead of HBC and Meryl? Don’t be delusional.

ReplyCopy URL
    Heptapod
    Participant
    Topics:

What episodes will shows submit for Best Directing and Writing for Drama as of now.

Maybe not what WILL be submitted but more what I would LIKE to be submitted.

BIG LITTLE LIES
    Writing – “Tell-Tale Hearts” (David E. Kelley, Liane Moriarty)
    Directing – “What Have They Done?” (Andrea Arnold)

EUPHORIA
    Writing – “Pilot” (Sam Levinson)
    Directing – “Shook One Pt. II” (Sam Levinson)
    Directing – “Pilot” (Augustine Frizzell)

GLOW
    Writing – “Outward Bound” (Liz Flahive, Carly Mensch)
    Directing – “Freaky Tuesday” (Mark A. Burley)

THE GOOD PLACE
    Writing – “The Funeral to End All Funerals” (Josh Siegal, Dylan Morgan)
    Directing – “Employee of the Bearimy” (Beth McCarthy-Miller)

MODERN LOVE
    Writing – “The Race Grows Sweeter Near Its Final Lap” (John Carney, Tom Hall)
    Directing – “Take Me as I Am, Whoever I Am” (John Carney)

ORANGE IS THE NEW BLACK
    Writing – “Here’s Where We Get Off” (Jenji Kohan)
    Directing – “Here’s Where We Get Off” (Mark A. Burley)
    Directing – “God Bless America” (Diego Velasco)

THE POLITICIAN
    Writing – “Pilot” (Ryan Murphy & Brad Falchuk & Ian Brennan)
    Directing – “Vienna” (Brad Falchuk)
    Directing – “Pilot” (Ryan Murphy)

POSE
    Writing – “Never Knew Love Like This Before” (Ryan Murphy, Janet Mock)
    Writing – “Life’s a Beach” (Janet Mock, Our Lady J
    Directing – “Life’s a Beach” (Gwyneth Horder-Payton)
    Directing – “Never Knew Love Like This Before” (Ryan Murphy)

STRANGER THINGS
    Writing – “Chapter Seven: The Bite” (The Duffer Brothers)
    Directing – “Chapter Eight: The Battle of Starcourt” (The Duffer Brothers)
    Directing – “Chapter Six: E Pluribus Unum” (Uta Briesewitz)

UNBELIEVABLE
    Writing – “Episode 8” (Susannah Grant)
    Directing – “Episode 1” (Lisa Cholodenko)

ReplyCopy URL
    Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

Westworld is starting in last place out of all of the incumbent Emmy nominees after the guilds dropped it across the board in the major categories.

Because S2 is a mess. If S3 is some kind of masterpiece, it does have a shot to redeem itself. But I’m not saying it’s for sure winning, just because it’s the only major one we haven’t seen yet.

ReplyCopy URL
    Tyler
    Participant
    Topics:

Considering the great but maybe not phenomenal response to The Crown, if Succession shows up at SAG I’m considering it the drama series frontrunner through September.

ReplyCopy URL
    kellis
    Spectator
    Topics:

Poor lip sync and fake teeth aren’t an Oscar worthy performance if you ask me

I’m late to the dragging, but each time I see that picture on this forum I gag really hard and a piece of my soul is destroyed because of how traumatized I am.

“No user starts this shady” - someone culturally relevant.

Also, got banned because...reasons?

ReplyCopy URL
    DvirBA
    Participant
    Topics:

Updated Predictions:

Guest Actor in a Drama:

• Charles Dance- The Crown
  • Yes please! This guy is a legend.

Also, I wouldn’t be so sure Jesse Armstrong and Stephen Daldry will both win again in their respective categories. Bother of them basically just won, and we don’t see that many repeats in those categories anymore. These branches tend to surprise, if it’s for better (Writing) or worse (Directing)

ReplyCopy URL
    Mukund
    Participant
    Topics:

Daldry definitely won’t be repeating because he hasn’t directed any episode of The Crown this season. He’s still listed as an EP so I don’t know why he didn’t return to the director’s chair, especially after winning an Emmy.

Going by this decade, Writing repeats generally don’t happen if:

1. It’s the final season (FNL, Breaking Bad, The Americans)

2. There’s a widely accepted steep decline in quality (Homeland, Game of Thrones, The Handmaid’s Tale)

Succession doesn’t come under any of those. The majority of its competitors don’t come close to matching its quality/acclaim which is what eventually matters most of the time here. I think it’s safely repeating unless The Crown proves to be some kind of a juggernaut.

ReplyCopy URL
    smellycat
    Participant
    Topics:

Maybe not what WILL be submitted but more what I would LIKE to be submitted. BIG LITTLE LIES Writing – “Tell-Tale Hearts” (David E. Kelley, Liane Moriarty) Directing – “What Have They Done?” (Andrea Arnold) EUPHORIA Writing – “Pilot” (Sam Levinson) Directing – “Shook One Pt. II” (Sam Levinson) Directing – “Pilot” (Augustine Frizzell) GLOW Writing – “Outward Bound” (Liz Flahive, Carly Mensch) Directing – “Freaky Tuesday” (Mark A. Burley) THE GOOD PLACE Writing – “The Funeral to End All Funerals” (Josh Siegal, Dylan Morgan) Directing – “Employee of the Bearimy” (Beth McCarthy-Miller) MODERN LOVE Writing – “The Race Grows Sweeter Near Its Final Lap” (John Carney, Tom Hall) Directing – “Take Me as I Am, Whoever I Am” (John Carney) ORANGE IS THE NEW BLACK Writing – “Here’s Where We Get Off” (Jenji Kohan) Directing – “Here’s Where We Get Off” (Mark A. Burley) Directing – “God Bless America” (Diego Velasco) THE POLITICIAN Writing – “Pilot” (Ryan Murphy & Brad Falchuk & Ian Brennan) Directing – “Vienna” (Brad Falchuk) Directing – “Pilot” (Ryan Murphy) POSE Writing – “Never Knew Love Like This Before” (Ryan Murphy, Janet Mock) Writing – “Life’s a Beach” (Janet Mock, Our Lady J Directing – “Life’s a Beach” (Gwyneth Horder-Payton) Directing – “Never Knew Love Like This Before” (Ryan Murphy) STRANGER THINGS Writing – “Chapter Seven: The Bite” (The Duffer Brothers) Directing – “Chapter Eight: The Battle of Starcourt” (The Duffer Brothers) Directing – “Chapter Six: E Pluribus Unum” (Uta Briesewitz) UNBELIEVABLE Writing – “Episode 8” (Susannah Grant) Directing – “Episode 1” (Lisa Cholodenko)

So, basically you watch Netflix?

ReplyCopy URL
    boss
    Participant
    Topics:

Succession should submit the episode “Safe Room” but probably they will solely submit the season finale as it is written by the showrunner.

THE POLITICIAN Writing – “Pilot” (Ryan Murphy & Brad Falchuk & Ian Brennan) Directing – “Vienna” (Brad Falchuk) Directing – “Pilot” (Ryan Murphy)  

If The Politician really wants to be nominated in both writing and directing, “Vienna” should be their sole submission in the former category and “Pilot” should be their sole submission in the latter category.

ReplyCopy URL
    Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

Benjamin Caron needs to win Directing.

ReplyCopy URL
    Ivo Stoyanov
    Participant
    Topics:

Wait a few years and Rami Malek will be up there with good sis Gwyneth as the most hated Oscar winner lmao

Keep dreaming. He will remain hated in “film twitter”, which is completely irrelevant. He will be one of the most acclaimed in the real world, which matters much more. I finally understood that myself with Green Book, film that I personally consider mediocre and ridiculously banal, but that everybody outside of cinephiles LOVE, all my friends adore it, it made a to of money and even kept his incredibly high score on IMDB. So at the end, the fact that many cinephiles hate it, it’s completely irrelevant and is not perceive in that way in the real world. In the case of Malek, I cannot be happier.

You can’t be serious?! MBB ahead of HBC and Meryl? Don’t be delusional.

You said the same thing about Julia Garner and left her at 4 place, while I correctly predicted her win. We will see who is delusional at the end.

ReplyCopy URL
    Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

They better finally give Mike Barker his due for Handmaid’s. He’s been snubbed three times for the show now. He directed the hell out of “Mayday” and better submit that. I won’t accept otherwise. Also, the ST finale is such a beautiful spectacle; I need it to be nominated.

Oscar FYC - Lupita Nyong'o & Elisabeth Moss ("Us") - Best Actress & Supporting Actress. It must happen; otherwise the Tethered are coming.

ReplyCopy URL
    Heptapod
    Participant
    Topics:

So, basically you watch Netflix?

About half the shows I watch are on Netflix, so… yes? And what else about it?

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 278 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.