Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Comedy Predictions (Part 1)

Emmys 2021 Comedy Predictions (Part 1)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 146 total)
Created
4 weeks ago
Last Reply
23 hours ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
Allan Veríss..
braydenfitzsi..
  • Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

Commercially it would be better to have it out as soon as possible, tbh. Maisel is not really show I can see maintaining its audience fully after a 2 years break.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Commercially it would be better to have it out as soon as possible, tbh.

I understand where you’re coming from but I disagree. I think if Maisel was released around April/May it would just get lost. At least if it comes out around Thanksgiving or around Christmas as its previous seasons have a lot of viewers will be at home and are probably more likely to watch it.

It’s actually why I think The Crown season 3 got dropped near Thanksgiving last year like season 1 was so it could get a better chance of viewership than if it was released during the Spring.

I do think you have a point though that a possible two year gap might hurt it. In fact it’s quite interesting because if all the new seasons of 2018 and 2019 Series nominees get delayed to the 2022 season we could have a situation for Comedies next year worse than this year for Dramas because Maisel, Shadows, Insecure, Dead to Me and The Kominsky Method will have had a year off from the Emmys, Barry and Russian Doll will have had two years off and Atlanta will have had three years off!

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", GLENN CLOSE FOR "HILLBILLY ELEGY", ANTHONY HOPKINS FOR "THE FATHER", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Lao
    Topics:

I wouldn’t be surprised to see an increase in SNL nominees in the supporting categories next year if Maisel, Shadows, etc. miss. Bowen Yang and Chloe Fineman seem posed for noms if they can get decent material.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    TVFan365
    Topics:

I wouldn’t be surprised to see an increase in SNL nominees in the supporting categories next year if Maisel, Shadows, etc. miss. Bowen Yang and Chloe Fineman seem posed for noms if they can get decent material.

Heidi Gardner as well.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    David Buchanan
    Topics:

Chenoweth was in The Good Wife? I don’t remember her being in it lol.

She was in two Season 4 episodes and was set for a recurring role, but sustained a head injury on set and had to bow out.

Formerly known as PianoMann.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Owl-Always-watching
    Topics:

Maisel will probably go back to Fall schedule. Many shows have two years wait between season.
    Barry has had it and I don’t see someone mentioning commercial prospect of it.

Article does said January is the start day but many things can happened and it can be delayed.

Look at Vancouver , there were shutdown Bc test results were behind.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

It’s actually quite funny because considering how long a break Atlanta has taken it seems like when it airs it will be more like a Curb hiatus or as if it’s a revival of the show  lol.

Barry has had it and I don’t see someone mentioning commercial prospect of it.

Unless they get Succession level of acclaim if both Barry and Insecure have to miss the 2021 Emmys whichever one of them airs in the Summer is going to be in danger awards wise like Stranger Things and Handmaid’s.

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", GLENN CLOSE FOR "HILLBILLY ELEGY", ANTHONY HOPKINS FOR "THE FATHER", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    The Person Formerly Known As Linguini
    Topics:

Chenoweth was in The Good Wife? I don’t remember her being in it lol. 

Tbf it was ony a 2 episode guest role lol

rubbish

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Tbf it was ony a 2 episode guest role lol

She was in two Season 4 episodes and was set for a recurring role, but sustained a head injury on set and had to bow out.

Ah now I think I vaguely remember her. It’s interesting how many actors who have become more famous as time has gone by (although to be fair Chenoweth was already famous) have been in The Good Wife in guest/recurring roles (i.e. Rachel Brosnahan, Sterling K. Brown, Lily Rabe, Betty Gilpin).

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    The Person Formerly Known As Linguini
    Topics:

Ah now I think I vaguely remember her. It’s interesting how many actors who have become more famous as time has gone by (although to be fair Chenoweth was already famous) have been in The Good Wife in guest/recurring roles (i.e. Rachel Brosnahan, Sterling K. Brown, Lily Rabe, Betty Gilpin).

Yeah lmao, every time I rewatch I’m like

Just remembered, Tom Pelphrey also had a role on TGW lol.

rubbish

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Just remembered, Tom Pelphrey also had a role on TGW lol.

And Jeremy Strong lol. In fact Strong’s one was a recurring one too…

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Wondering if GLOW might actually return. It’s had its production date rescheduled from the summer of 2021 to January 2021 and considering how previous seasons only took 2 months to film if we add a month on for this one because of Covid it could finish shooting by April and come on to Netflix for May. After all if Dead to MeRussian Doll and The Kominsky Method don’t end up returning Netflix only has Emily in Paris and The Politician as Comedies. I’m not confident in Sex Education returning on time because I think Netflix are going to want to air it in the Summer for commercial purposes and also it looks like production might shut down very soon because the show shoots in Wales and 2/3s of Wales has just been put into a lockdown.

I am also a bit iffy about The Great returning on time because a lockdown before November (when it’s supposed to start shooting season 2) seems likely. Although if I’m proven wrong and The Great does return then it could be a contender for some of the wins. Especially if Russian Doll, Dead to Me and Insecure miss.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    angel88401
    Topics:

I think Insecure could potentially make it back because its last season only took about 3 months to film and there were reports of production starting in early 2021, but I’m not confident because filming in LA will slow things down. The backdrop of LA is such a big part of that show that I’m not sure how they will work around it if they do.

Dead to Me took exactly a year between Seasons 1 and 2, so I feel like with COVID, it may take more than a year between Seasons 2 and 3 which would mean it would probably miss eligibility. But, it did take about 3 months to film Season 2 though, so it does depend on how much they have written. (with it being the final season though, I’d guess they would probably want to take their time wrapping it up?)

Russian Doll was supposed to start filming earlier this year so I think that we can assume they finished writing most/all of it, and I think they can squeeze it in as long as filming doesn’t take too long. I think this could be Netflix’s big push actually, assuming the 2nd season is as good or maybe even better than the 1st.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

If Insecure and Russian Doll miss then the supporting actress category is literally going to be SNL + Laurie Metcalf and Bette Midler lol. Or just SNL…

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Allan Veríssimo
    Topics:

Cobra Kai Season 3 will be released in January 8.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 146 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.