Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Comedy Predictions (Part 1)

Emmys 2021 Comedy Predictions (Part 1)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 503 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
braydenfitzsi..
  • Profile picture
    Pranshu
    Topics:

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Felicity Huffman Plots Acting Return in ABC Baseball Comedy</p>
    I doubt this comes in time but, something to look forward to, I guess!?

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Felicity Huffman Plots Acting Return in ABC Baseball Comedy</p>
    I doubt this comes in time but, something to look forward to, I guess!?

It’s ABC, the show will flop (like everything these days on network TV), they will cancel and no one will care about it at the point to throw emmy noms.

That’s why I’m skeptical about Mayim Bialik’s comedy on FOX as well

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

That’s why I’m skeptical about Mayim Bialik’s comedy on FOX as well

I’m actually sceptical about it actually being any good. It seems quite high profile (Jim Parsons is co-producing it and it co-stars Leslie Jordan along with Bialik and is being developed by the creat0r of The Big C) but what made the source material work was that it was very British. I don’t know how it can translate in America. It could very well end up being like Utopia (a ridiculous, dumb and controversial remake of a clever well written show that worked only because of the British format).

If you have time go watch the original British version Miranda. It’s absolutely hilarious.

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

I’m actually sceptical about it actually being any good. It seems quite high profile (Jim Parsons is co-producing it and it co-stars Leslie Jordan along with Bialik and is being developed by the creat0r of The Big C) but what made the source material work was that it was very British. I don’t know how it can translate in America. It could very well end up being like Utopia (a ridiculous, dumb and controversial remake of a clever well written show that worked only because of the British format).

If you have time go watch the original British version Miranda. It’s absolutely hilarious.

I’ll definitely check it out the original thank you, and i think Bialik will do good by it’s source, she is so talented.

I hope FOX does a deal a la The Good Place, or move it to FX, FOX these days is all about reality tv and competition programs.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

NBC is the only network  broadcaster surviving at the Emmys and that’s partly only because of This is Us and SNL lol.

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

Profile picture
    Allan Veríssimo
    Topics:

NBC is the only network broadcaster surviving at the Emmys and that’s partly only because of This is Us and SNL lol.

And Brooklyn Nine-Nine (if returns at time).

Also ABC with Black-ish.

Profile picture
    TAF
    Topics:

Season 4 started production in November and aired in March/April I think. With the added Covid restrictions adding a month onto this show and this show featuring mature content sometimes I think it will take longer to shoot.

But I’m talking about season 3. And do we know when season 4 production ended? At least the filming, because something premiering in April doesn’t mean that its filming ended in march. It could have ended in January and not premiere until April because there were no available spot.

I’m only asking because HBO has nothing strong for the Comedy category. And looking how weak is this year, I can imagine them trying to have season 5 in time. So that’s why I would love to know if season 3 actually started production two months before its premiere.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

And Brooklyn Nine-Nine (if returns at time). Also ABC with Black-ish.

I meant in the long run.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I’m only asking because HBO has nothing strong for the Comedy category.

They have Betty which has been on almost every critics list this year so I guess that’s possible.

HBO Max has all the comedies thought (The Flight AttendantI Hate SuzieMade for Love).

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Even Fleabag for as dark as it got was still based on a farce play.

And Maisel was literally about show business.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

If Insecure starts shooting in December they could hit or miss, i low-key wish for it to comeback in time and sweep everything.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I’d say as of now I think the following are win competitive in each category:

Series: The Flight Attendant, The Great, Ted Lasso
    Actress: Kaley Cuoco, Elle Fanning
    Actor: Jason Sudeikis
    S. Actress: Michelle Gomez, Maya Rudolph, Hannah Waddingham
    S. Actor: Jim Carrey
    Writing: The Flight Attendant, The Great, Ted Lasso
    Directing: The Flight Attendant, The Great, Ted Lasso

Profile picture
    Lao
    Topics:

But I’m talking about season 3. And do we know when season 4 production ended? At least the filming, because something premiering in April doesn’t mean that its filming ended in march. It could have ended in January and not premiere until April because there were no available spot. I’m only asking because HBO has nothing strong for the Comedy category. And looking how weak is this year, I can imagine them trying to have season 5 in time. So that’s why I would love to know if season 3 actually started production two months before its premiere.

Per Amanda Seales’ IG, season 4 started filming in early September and ended on December 13th.

Profile picture
    Tyler
    Topics:

The Flight Attendant won’t be winning anything- will it? Isn’t the entire consensus that it’s “fun and mindless” but not necessarily genius or really substantive at all?

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

The Flight Attendant won’t be winning anything- will it? Isn’t the entire consensus that it’s “fun and mindless” but not necessarily genius or really substantive at all?

Cuoco is very very good on this show (although I’ve only seen the pilot) and I don’t say that lightly. I was expecting this to be a messy guilty pleasure and Cuoco’s performance to be quite wacky but she might actually have given one of my favourite performances of the year (and I say this as someone who hated The Big Bang Theory outside of Bialik and Parsons’ performances more or lesss). Also whilst I’ve never seen Dead to Me her performance has been compared to Applegate’s in that show already.

The acclaim for this show from both audiences and critics shouldn’t be ignored. Cuoco has been praised in almost every review I’ve seen and the show currently stands at 97% with critics on Rotten Tomatoes which is the same as The Crown season 4.

Here’s the RT critics consensus.

Kaley Cuoco shines as a hot mess in The Flight Attendant, an addictively intriguing slice of stylish pulp that will bring mystery aficionados to Cloud Nine.

She could very well slip in at SAG and I think she’s strong enough to benefit from an O’Hara-Murphy and Applegate-Cardellini potential vote-split to win. In fact I think whomever gets that 5th slot at SAG this year is winning.

Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 503 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Comedy Predictions (Part 1)’ is closed to new replies.