Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Comedy Predictions (Part 1)

Emmys 2021 Comedy Predictions (Part 1)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 397 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 hours ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
Allan Veríss..
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Guess we can rule Space Force out from returning. Unless there’s another lockdown I don’t see Kominsky missing.

Dead to Me probably will miss unless it goes for a weekly broadcast format (which with Netflix is unlikely).

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", AMANDA SEYFRIED FOR "MANK", ANTHONY HOPKINS FOR "THE FATHER", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Topics:

Shrill Season 3 already started production and will end in December;

Aidy coming for that double nom

You love to see it.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

I would say Dead To Me isn’t returning, but looking at The Kominsky Method only needing  2 months of shooting, it’s possible it’s the same for DTM. With a potential start date in January, it could end shooting in March, so I think a very late May release might still be in play.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Jajajajjaja
    Topics:

I am also a bit iffy about The Great returning on time because a lockdown before November (when it’s supposed to start shooting season 2) seems likely. Although if I’m proven wrong and The Great does return then it could be a contender for some of the wins.”

The Great Production apparently wont began next month.

Apparently, The Nightingale (film feature starring Fanning Sisters) production will resume soon according to Variety and considering it will be released at Awards Season(December 2021) by Sony(Just like last year Little Women), they want to do it seriously and probably going for Best Picture.

it seems Sony will also push Elle for Best actress/supporting actress race on 2022 Oscars and considering this might be the chance to turn herself into serious awards contender,Elle might want to do The Nightingale first. Its Source material has anything to become Academy Darling (WWII drama, Holocaust, Nazi Oppression, inspiring woman during war time) and Awards movie usually started filming a year prior to its release date(the pre production has finished). It also seems that She is very passionate in doing this one.

And to be fair, Im longing for Elle (and Dakota) to get recognized in Major awards association

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Hmm that’s strange. Hulu has promised it for the Spring season so I’m assuming maybe they’ll start filming all the non Fanning bits amd then she’ll join later?

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", AMANDA SEYFRIED FOR "MANK", ANTHONY HOPKINS FOR "THE FATHER", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Jajajajjaja
    Topics:

Hmm that’s strange. Hulu has promised it for the Spring season so I’m assuming maybe they’ll start filming all the non Fanning bits amd then she’ll join later?

Maybe thats the case. According to the book there are some scenes where the sisters were separated and doing their own thing. Since filming will took place in Budapest, they might film most of Dakota part first if its possible. But its a little bit weird since they supposed to live together during filming and thus this might be important to create sisterly chemistry

However, u might be right since Hoult apparently dropped MI7 for The Great S2. Also, isnt it possible to start filming next year and still targetting spring release 2022??. Also, i didnt find any news confirming that Hulu wanted to start filming of S2 in the next month and promising spring release??

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    insomniac0987
    Topics:

Dead to Me season 2 shot from October to December 2019 so theoretically it is possible. However it really depends on the impact of Covid in January. Shows that are filming now have added one month onto their shooting time because of Covid (see Y : The Last Man, <i>Sex Education, The Handmaid’s Tale</i>) so I think Dead to Me (if it even starts shooting in January) will finish in April at the earliest which means its really cutting the line when it comes to eligibility. Don’t forget post-production is also taking longer with the virus around. Look at something like Doctor Who which had its Christmas special’s filming wrapped in July but only finished post in September. Or the recent examples with This is Us or the horror story The Crown has faced with the inclusion of the bus because they had to rush through post-production.

I’d say The Kominsky Method is probably getting a March release date, Russian Doll a May one if they start production soon (they already shot two eps before the shutdown I believe) and Dead to Me a Summer air date.

Russian Doll hasn’t shot a frame. It was supposed to go into production at the end of March, but that was delayed due to COVID.

https://deadline.com/2020/03/production-of-russian-doll-rutherford-falls-little-america-put-on-hold-by-uni-tv-amid-coronavirus-crisis-1202880611/

https://www.whats-on-netflix.com/news/russian-doll-season-2-everything-we-know-so-far-09-2020/

It’s still not dated on Spoiler TV, which gets its information from Production Weekly. So my best guess is that it’s still a while from beginning production.

https://stvplus.com/pages/proddates

And there’s no confirmed cast yet.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Lao
    Topics:

Season 7 of Black-ish has been expanded to a full 21 episodes. It was originally scheduled to air just 15 episodes.

black-ish Expanded to a Full Season 7

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Topics:

SNL1

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Owl-Always-watching
    Topics:

I would say Dead To Me isn’t returning, but looking at The Kominsky Method only needing 2 months of shooting, it’s possible it’s the same for DTM. With a potential start date in January, it could end shooting in March, so I think a very late May release might still be in play.

Netflix takes awhile after filming to release Bc they dubbed for all the different markets

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    puck05
    Topics:

The Great is winning WGA New Series Award.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I think The Great is actually being underestimated by many on here. I feel like with both it and Normal People when they received their Emmy nominations they hadn’t peaked. Had they been released slightly earlier in the lockdown by Hulu then The Great would have gotten into Series over The Kominsky Method and Fanning and Hoult both would have gotten in and had Normal People been released slightly earlier then Edgar-Jones would have gotten in and the show would probably have gotten into Series over Unbelievable.

I’m not predicting it at SAG but Hoult and Fanning could easily get the last slots and the show could get into Ensemble. It could be the closest thing to a challenger to Schitt’s Creek this season.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 397 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.