Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Comedy Predictions (Part 2)

Emmys 2021 Comedy Predictions (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 514 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
braydenfitzsi..
Victor
  • Profile picture
    puck05
    Topics:

Am I the only one who thinks this awards season dragged so much? We have still at least two more weeks for GG and SAG noms to be announced and I’m not even counting the guilds.

Profile picture
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Topics:

Am I the only one who thinks this awards season dragged so much? We have still at least two more weeks for GG and SAG noms to be announced and I’m not even counting the guilds.

This. Emmy season is usually longer just
    because of the way the calendar is structure (not oddly shorter too since campaigning is just a quick two months compared to the 6 of the Oscars) but this period with barely anything airing and most incumbents taking the year out, it just makes it feel so much more longer.

Blackish is the only Series nominee that’s eligible to return.

Profile picture
    smurty11
    Topics:

Just finished The Flight Attendant and boy is it not a comedy. Kudos to Cuoco who was dazzling, but that show has fewer funny – or even light – moments than Succession. Even You, which TFA reminded me of, is funnier and classified a drama.

I felt the same way! There were funny moments. Kind of like how Killing Eve and Barry are funny in moments.

I think it could get moved to Drama at the Emmys

Profile picture
    Riley Chow
    Topics:

I forgot that the Emmys rejecting its placement was a possibility!  But now my hopes are going to be up for nothing.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

If The Flight Attendant goes drama and The Great skips eligibility then we’ll get Emmy winner Cristin Milioti if Made For Love is any good. And I think that’s a cause for celebration.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

I think that The Flight Attendant has a Dead to Me vibe, it can pass as a comedy for sure.

For Your Emmy Consideration:
    Matthew Rhys for "Perry Mason" as Leading Actor in a Drama Series
    Ethan Hawke for "The Good Lord Bird" as Leading Actor in a Limited Series
    Elizabeth Olsen and Kathryn Hahn for "Wandavision" as Leading and Supporting actress in Limited Series
    Tobias Menzies for "The Crown" as Supporting Actor in a Drama Series.
    MJ Rodriguez for "Pose" as Leading Actress in a Drama Series.

Profile picture
    marcus_emn
    Topics:

I hope that these rumors about Season 3 of Master of None are true. I never really liked Aziz (even when he was on Parks and Rec), but damn, Master of None is such a clever and special show

Profile picture
    Benjamonster86
    Topics:

I feel like The Flight Attendant would feel a little like category fraud in either drama or comedy. But I guess I lean slightly (SLIGHTLY) toward it being a dark comedy instead of a drama.

My blog: http://benjamonsterstv.blogspot.com/

My site: https://peaktvdatabase.weebly.com/

Profile picture
    Riley Chow
    Topics:

I really admired how Aziz Ansari walked away from Master of None, but I was also perturbed by the actual finale, so I personally might appreciate another season that could restore the warm feelings that I had for the show when it went out of its first season with its high water mark of “Mornings”/”Finale”.

Profile picture
    Miles
    Topics:

I am really sick of this trend of comedic actors starring in dramas and calling them comedies. Dead To Me (Christina Applegate) and The Flight Attendant (Kaley Cuoco) are the clearest examples, but I would even say Russian Doll (Natasha Lyonne) and Barry (Bill Hader) are mostly dramas even if they have comedic elements.

Profile picture
    Hoster1
    Topics:

If Central Florida got rejected, The Flight Attendant certainly can too.

Profile picture
    puck05
    Topics:

They even rejected Sex Education for its first season which is definitely a comedy.

Profile picture
    boss
    Topics:

I hope that these rumors about Season 3 of Master of None are true. I never really liked Aziz (even when he was on Parks and Rec), but damn, Master of None is such a clever and special show

There are rumors? Both of its seasons were masterpiece, I hope this ends up real.

Profile picture
    String Cheese Theory
    Topics:

I am really sick of this trend of comedic actors starring in dramas and calling them comedies. Dead To Me (Christina Applegate) and The Flight Attendant (Kaley Cuoco) are the clearest examples, but I would even say Russian Doll (Natasha Lyonne) and Barry (Bill Hader) are mostly dramas even if they have comedic elements.

Barry is most definitely a comedy. Henry Winkler, Anthony Carrigan, the Chechens and the theatre kids take care of that, along with lines like, “It’s like when I shaved my head for I Never Saw Another Butterfly without realizing how limiting that’d be for other casting.” Barry Berkman/Block is just the straight man.

Profile picture
    marty
    Topics:

The way Nick Mohammed should be getting attention for Supporting Actor

FYC:

Best Director - Lee Isaac Chung (Minari), Darius Marder (Sound of Metal)

Lead Actor - Delroy Lindo (Da 5 Bloods), Mads Mikkelsen (Another Round), Riz Ahmed (Sound of Metal)

Supporting Actor - Paul Raci (Sound of Metal)

Supporting Actress - Youn Yuh-jung (Minari)

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 514 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Comedy Predictions (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.