Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Comedy Predictions (Part 2)

Emmys 2021 Comedy Predictions (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 475 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
1 hour ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
braydenfitzsi..
Victor
  • Profile picture
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Topics:

The way Nick Mohammed should be getting attention for Supporting Actor

Assuming TL is winning series, there’s no reason to assume that he couldn’t coattail his way to a nomination (especially with scene of him roasting the team, that’s an Emmy winning tape right there).

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Chloe Fineman is probably locked for a S. Actress nomination on the basis that the category is empty af and she has a lot of buzz.

It wouldn’t surprise me if the supporting actress category just ended up being Dumzweni, Fineman, Mamet, McKinnon, Rudolph, Strong, Temple and Waddingham.

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    DylanMcPhee
    Topics:

Fineman deserves it for her instagram video pretending to be Reese Witherspoon doing a FYC post.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    String Cheese Theory
    Topics:

Fineman quickly becoming one of my favourite people on SNL (along with Cecily, Kenan and Bowen). She’s going to be a huge star.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Steven Soderbergh has said he is a fan of Search Party and Staged.

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Allan Veríssimo
    Topics:

Better Things Season 5 will start production in July and will end in September.

It seems that there will be a Season 3 of Master of None.

https://www.spoilertv.com/2015/06/various-shows-production-dates.html

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Lao
    Topics:

Per Issa Rae, Insecure began filming their final season today (Jan. 21st).

Source: Issa Rae Twitter

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Topics:

Wonder if it can make it in under the deadline. Ted Lasso feels pretty unstoppable for series but a 2021 win for Actress & Writing isn’t impossible.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

I hope Insecure can make eligibility, but I’m not sure it will. They’re obviously such an LA-based show that they can’t film anywhere else, but cases are so bad there that I’d be shocked if they got everything done in a time frame that would be dicey even without the virus.

Do we have any news on The Great and Sex Education? Sorry for not staying up to date, but does it seem like they’ll make it in time?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Allan Veríssimo
    Topics:

Sex Education is supposed to end production in February. The Great started production in November.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

Sweet! So I guess we can expect Sex Ed in time then!

And hmm, season one of The Great began filming in November 2018 and didn’t premiere until a year and a half later, so I guess we can probably expect that to miss then.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

And hmm, season one of The Great began filming in November 2018 and didn’t premiere until a year and a half later, so I guess we can probably expect that to miss then.

Season 1 of The Great was dropped as a box set on Hulu though in May when it started filming in November. Hulu could just give it a weekly release and it will be fine.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Topics:

All of three them could be guest nominees if good.

SNL

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    puck05
    Topics:

I guess with the Emmy comedy trophy comes the SNL guest gig. First PWB now Levy.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I guess with the Emmy comedy trophy comes the SNL guest gig. First PWB now Levy.

Jason Sudeikis next! Although he’s probably hosted a gazillon times before no?)

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 475 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.