Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Comedy Predictions (Part 2)

Emmys 2021 Comedy Predictions (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 490 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
2 mins ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
braydenfitzsi..
Victor
  • Profile picture
    Lao
    Topics:

Jason Sudeikis next! Although he’s probably hosted a gazillon times before no?)

I think Jason’s returned for guest spots as Biden, etc., but I don’t remember if he’s actually hosted?

It’s a bit of a bummer that SNL has already assigned Biden to a regular cast member. I agree with the move, but now would have been the perfect time for Jason to host and give a Biden encore.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

It’s a bit of a bummer that SNL has already assigned Biden to a regular cast member. I agree with the move, but now would have been the perfect time for Jason to host and give a Biden encore.

Would be a bit impossible for Jason to play Biden (or host at this particular moment in time) considering he’s probably currently in the UK filming Ted Lasso season 2.

Well I am guessing the cast and crew might celebrate the incoming Golden Globes win for the show with a party together haha.

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Sir Shaw
    Topics:

Jason Sudeikis next! Although he’s probably hosted a gazillon times before no?)

Surprisingly not, he was a main caste member from 05-13 and have only returned as a guest on a handful of occasions to reprise his Romney/Biden, the most recent being last February’s RuPaul hosted episode.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Miles
    Topics:

Oscar contenders I’d like to see host:

* Leslie Odom, Jr
    * Sacha Baron Cohen
    * Daniel Kaluuya
    * Riz Ahmed
    * Zendaya
    * Vanessa Kirby

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Oscar contenders I’d like to see host:

* Leslie Odom, Jr
    * Sacha Baron Cohen
    * Daniel Kaluuya
    * Riz Ahmed
    * Zendaya
    * Vanessa Kirby

I’d LOVE to see Vanessa and Riz host. They seem like they’d be excellent and both are excellent at comedic timing (Kirby was fantastic in About Time and Ahmed has a backlog of phenomenal indie comedic work).

Sadly unless we have an in person Oscars and they attend I don’t see it happening. I don’t see how they’d be able to travel across the pond to host SNL during a deadly pandemic.

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Tyler
    Topics:

I don’t see how they’d be able to travel across the pond to host SNL during a deadly pandemic.

adele doesn’t live stateside, does she?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Lao
    Topics:

She may have US property, but I think she flew over from the UK for SNL.

Dan Levy has a home in LA, but he’s been back in Canada since last summer. So, he’ll be coming in from Toronto to host…and the US/Canadian border is technically closed.

All this to say, the pandemic rules don’t really seem to apply to entertainment/rich/connected people. If SNL wants someone from the UK to host, they could probably make it work.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

I honestly don’t think NBC cares where they’re pulling people from. Dua Lipa was the last musical guest, and she’s been FAMOUSLY jetsetting all over and performing at every in-person event she can. I wouldn’t be surprised to hear if a star or two had turned down a spot because they personally were uncomfortable, but I don’t think the producers take issue with where people are coming from.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I believe she’s been in the States for the past few months recording her album/

But anyway my point was more about how deadlier this new variant of Covid is and how in the UK we’re in a lockdown (which we weren’t back in October). I don’t see how Riz or Vanessa host (as much as I’d really love them to) unless the situation changes by the Oscars and/or they are there anywhere for filming or an in person Oscars.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Riley Chow
    Topics:

All of three them could be guest nominees if good

John Krasinski is not getting nominated.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Topics:

Dua Lipa was the last musical guest, and she’s been FAMOUSLY jetsetting all over and performing at every in-person event she can. I

Dua1

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Gabarnes43
    Topics:

Winter Predictions

Globes
    Ted Lasso, Jason Sudeikis, Kaley Cuoco

SAG
    Schitts Creek, Jason Sudeikis, Catherine O’Hara

Critics Choice
    Ted Lasso/Schitts Creek *TIE, Catherine O’Hara, Jason Sudeikis, Dan Levy, Hannah Waddingham

FYC OSCARS

PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN in all categories (inc. CAREY MULLIGAN & Emerald Fennell in Screenplay)

THE FATHER in all categories (inc. Best Picture, ANTHONY HOPKINS, Olivia Colman & Adapted Screenplay)

Lo Si (Diane Warren) for Original Song

Chloe Zhao for Director

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Had no idea where to post this but SCADTV fest have announced Bryan Cranston, Cynthia Erivo, Jurnee Smollett, Kenan Thompson, Javicia Leslie and Chrissy Metz as honourees. Lily Rabe and Amy Brenneman’s Amazon show Tell Me Your Secrets, AppleTV’s For All Mankind and HBO’s It’s a Sin are among the Spring contenders holding virtual Q&A panels.

https://variety.com/2021/tv/news/robert-kirkman-invincible-amazon-premiere-date-tv-roundup-1234890291/

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Eden
    Topics:

I think Ted Lasso might peak at the winter awards and lose steam before the Emmys, similar to how Schitt’s Creek peaked at the Emmys.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I think Ted Lasso will be fine unless The Great has some sort of a Fleabag moment with its second season or Cobra Kai suddenly over-performs but I’m feeling what Eden is feeling here but on the Limited side. I feel like The Queen’s GambitI May Destroy You and Small Axe will do well at the Emmys but that they may end up being the Sharp ObjectsEscape at Dannemora and <i>A Very English Scandal </i>of this year and that two of It’s a Sin, <i>Mare of Easttown</i>, <i>The Underground Railroad</i> and Wandavision will end up being the Chernobyl and <i>When They See Us </i>of this year if they end up being hits. Well if It’s a SinMare of Easttown or <i>The Underground Railroad </i>end up being hits because Wandavision already is a hit.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 490 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.