Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Comedy Predictions (Part 2)

Emmys 2021 Comedy Predictions (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 475 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
46 mins ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
braydenfitzsi..
Victor
  • Profile picture
    Onion
    Topics:

I love Hannah Waddingham on Ted Lasso so much. The one I still don’t get the appeal around here is Juno Temple because I barely remember her character besides the fact that I got jealous of her because of the guys she was dating. Hopefully she gets more to do on season 2 so I can jump on the bandwagon.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

If Never Have I Ever isn’t finished in time (which it doesn’t seem likely to), Netflix should bump Emma Mackey or Gillian Anderson up to lead. Probably wouldn’t happen but they’ve got NOTHING else going on in that category so it’s worth the shot.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Dan Backslide
    Topics:

I love Hannah Waddingham on Ted Lasso so much. The one I still don’t get the appeal around here is Juno Temple because I barely remember her character besides the fact that I got jealous of her because of the guys she was dating. Hopefully she gets more to do on season 2 so I can jump on the bandwagon.

Yeah I don’t get this site’s thing for Temple. She was great, but no better than than the supporting men excluding Phil Dunster (Jaime).

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

We’re still unsure how writers will respond to Ted Lasso, but with the info we have now, PEN15 is the obvious frontrunner in writing. The problem is that at they’ll almost definitely be submitting two episodes at the very least, and three is even more likely. And with how much the writers seem to love it, it’ll probably get every nomination it submits for. Do you guys think it can overcome a vote split for a win there if the writers don’t like Ted Lasso as much?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

We’re still unsure how writers will respond to Ted Lasso, but with the info we have now, PEN15 is the obvious frontrunner in writing. The problem is that at they’ll almost definitely be submitting two episodes at the very least, and three is even more likely. And with how much the writers seem to love it, it’ll probably get every nomination it submits for. Do you guys think it can overcome a vote split for a win there if the writers don’t like Ted Lasso as much?

This shows just need to start submitting only one episode, clearly it will vote split like Shadows did.
    And it has a very similar path to Shadows to.

One nod > three nods (if it happens)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    boss
    Topics:

I don’t know if it has been said before or whether it will even have an impact but WandaVision should compete as a comedy series. I feel like there is a quite overwhelming sentiment in the industry to reward Disney for taking the television medium serious and investing in it that The Mandalorian is suddenly popping up at everywhere. This sentiment would actually bode better for WandaVision because just like Joker last year it is a franchise artifact that is stripped of mainstream features and now a novel concept. The Mandalorian is Black Panther that its mainstream element is preventing it from entering acting/writing/directing even though it is nominated in Best Picture. This year’s comedy race seems to be barren and a metafiction on comedy series would do better in comedy than crowded limited, along with the aforementioned sentiment.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

If Never Have I Ever isn’t finished in time (which it doesn’t seem likely to), Netflix should bump Emma Mackey or Gillian Anderson up to lead.

Don’t get my hopes up!

I’d say if they put anyone in lead it will be Mackey. She’s the breakout star of the show, the most prominent female cast member and the will they won’t they arc of Otis and Maeve is quite central to the story of the show.

Do you guys think it can overcome a vote split for a win there if the writers don’t like Ted Lasso as much?

I think it will vote-split just like Shadows did for Schitt’s Creek. The Emmys take to auteur projects in writing and I believe Riley noted that Apple seem to be going for a similar campaign strategy with <i>Ted Lasso </i>that they did with The <i>Morning Show </i>so they’ll probably just submit the standout episode (Make Rebecca Great Again) for writing and directing. <i></i>

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Riley Chow
    Topics:

Just speculation actually.

Comedy and drama shows need at least six episodes to compete.

You are referencing a defunct rule. A four-episode season can compete on its own, but in this case, I think that these actually qualify as orphaned episodes, which would make Regina Hall ineligible.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    String Cheese Theory
    Topics:

Maybe: Elle Fanning Maitreyei Ramakrishnan Cecily Strong

I adore Cecily but she’s only been in 2 episodes so far this season.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Sir Shaw
    Topics:

I adore Cecily but she’s only been in 2 episodes so far this season.

It’s not for SNL, she’s leading a new Apple show. That’s why she was only in 2 episodes this season, filming + quarantining.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Allan Veríssimo
    Topics:

Season 3 of Shrill will be the last.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Season 3 of Shrill will be the last.

Sleeper contender?

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Topics:

Sleeper contender?

Bryant and Adefope have been nothing but excellent the past two seasons, here for it.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Allan Veríssimo
    Topics:

Dickinson Season 3 starts production in February.

Emily in Paris Season 2 starts production in April and will end in July.

Grace and Frankie Season 7 starts production in June.

https://www.spoilertv.com/2015/06/various-shows-production-dates.html

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    String Cheese Theory
    Topics:

It’s not for SNL, she’s leading a new Apple show. That’s why she was only in 2 episodes this season, filming + quarantining.

Ah cool thanks. I knew she’d been filming, silly moi.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 475 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.