Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Comedy Predictions (Part 2)

Emmys 2021 Comedy Predictions (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 453 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
7 hours ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
braydenfitzsi..
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Kind of funny how when the election happened people here were shouting about how Rudolph was a lock to win and now no one has talked about SNL or her on SNL in like a month.

In fact more people have talked about Fineman than Rudolph.

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Is there anyone who can beat Nicholas Hoult in supporting or Jason Sudeikis in lead? I feel like those two are near locks for the win.

Jason Sudeikis is 99% a lock and the Emmys are almost a year away
    I can’t even.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Jason Sudeikis is 99% a lock and the Emmys are almost a year away I can’t even.

You mean 99.9% a lock.

He doesn’t even need to campaign lol. He should put all his effort into campaigning for a writing win for Make Rebecca Great Again.

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    CateNicole
    Topics:

Off-topic but can anyone find threads on The Comeback? I searched for some but have trouble navigating archives and never have any luck with search results.

FYC: Michaela Coel and Rosamund Pike

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Riley Chow
    Topics:

The archives are hard to search outside of the backend: https://www.goldderby.com/forum/television/hbos-the-comeback-with-lisa-kudrow/

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

What do people have in the guest acting categories?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

I don’t know who tends to be Guest on these shows, so for now I just know SNL will dominate

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I don’t know who tends to be Guest on these shows, so for now I just know SNL will dominate

I think Anthony Head is in for Ted Lasso. In fact I think <i>Ted Lasso </i>will get two nominations like Maisel s2 did in guest actor.

The reason I was asking because I have no idea what do with guest actress. Things would have been easier had I Hate Suzie been eligible in Comedy but alas that’s not the case. I feel like we’re headed for a Kumail Najiani type name-check there. Wanda Sykes? Judi Dench? Kelly MacDonald?

Is anyone guest eligible from <i>The Flight Attendant</i>?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Sir Shaw
    Topics:

Alec Baldwin coming back with a guest nom, I guess.

Jim Carey better not be nominated either category, he was actively bad as Biden. What the hell was Lorne thinking considering how much of a liability Carey always when filming and he had the options of Sudekis & Harrelson I’m right there.

Whoever else hosts will probably be nominated to.

Anthony Stewart Head for Ted Lasso seems likely.

Is Paltrow eligible for The Politician?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Is Paltrow eligible for The Politician?

Not but Robin Weigert is.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I mean Kelly MacDonald is possible but apart from me who else in the world is even watching Truth Seekers lmao.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

HBO Max is organizing the fourth season of Search Party. The former TBS comedy series will return for its second season on the streamer January 14, and you can watch the teaser above.

Three episodes will bow on the 14th, with three more premiering on January 21 and the final four of the season on January 28

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Is anyone guest eligible from <i>The Flight Attendant</i>?

I highly doubt it
    T.R. Knight is the most absent for the cast but even so he appears quite a lot.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    CateNicole
    Topics:

https://www.goldderby.com/forum/television/hbos-the-comeback-with-lisa-kudrow/

You’re a godsend ty

FYC: Michaela Coel and Rosamund Pike

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I had a shitty evening (I’m ok now) so I decided to cheer myself up by re-watching the pilots to both 30 Rock and Ted Lasso last night and I feel like Hannah Waddingham going supporting for Ted Lasso would be quite a severe case of category fraud. Her role on the show is basically like Baldwin’s on 30 Rock except she’s more explicitly a lead.

Waddingham essentially is the viewer’s guide to the show. As a longline for the show (although this probably isn’t the longline that is on the show’s AppleTV+ page) you could see a scenario where it reads as “After splitting up from her cheating husband, Rebecca Welton hires an American football coach to destroy her husband’s most prized possession but feels conflicted as the coach begins to enchant her”. For me for a character to be considered a supporting player on a show most of their role must be to support those around them. Whilst Waddingham does support Sudeikis in some scenes he has Sudeikis does support Waddingham in some scenes. The rest of the cast supports both in their interactions with them. Key subplots of the show revolve around Waddingham’s character and her character’s development. That isn’t the case for anyone on the show apart from Sudeikis.

Of course I’m not saying that Sudeikis isn’t the principal lead of Ted Lasso (he has the titular role!) but just because one character has the titular role it doesn’t mean another can’t be lead. Look at Jodie Comer in Killing Eve for example.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 453 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.