( +1 hidden )
February 21, 2021 at 1:29 pm #1204053189
I hope you are joking here darling and not accusing me of racism for deducing that Rege-Jean has no acting talent (his attractive talent though).
You keep making digs at him specifically and none of the other cast members I just find it odd that’s all.February 21, 2021 at 1:46 pm #1204053205
You keep making digs at him specifically and none of the other cast members I just find it odd that’s all.
Oh I found them all atrocious! Apart from Andoh, Bailey and Coughlan.
But I mean he’s the lead of the show who has been nominated for awards for his work over deserving contenders like Jonathan Majors and Matthew Rhys lmao. If Phoebe Dynevor was getting nominated over Laura Linney I would jump up and down about her lack of acting talent.
FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"February 21, 2021 at 2:27 pm #1204053257
I’ve been watching The Queen’s Gambit again with some family and there was a line that popped up that said “to be a model you need looks but you also cannot be smart and need your mind to be empty”. Perhaps Rege-Jean should move into modelling instead of acting.
There are plenty of talented actors that have as many brain cells as an amoeba (see Letitia Wright). And I hope you are not calling him dumb simply based on his acting skills because that would be pretty ignorant.February 21, 2021 at 2:43 pm #1204053274
There are plenty of talented actors that have as many brain cells as an amoeba (see Letitia Wright). And I hope you are not calling him dumb simply based on his acting skills because that would be pretty ignorant.
I thought it was clear that my dig was a joke…
FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"February 21, 2021 at 5:38 pm #1204053479
COMEDY WRITING: ***The Great
Intriguing. I see your predicting Ted Lasso for Series. I was wondering what makes you think The Great will win Writing if Lasso submits one episode and will win Series?
FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"February 21, 2021 at 5:52 pm #1204053495
The Kominsky Method has done shooting for some time now (according to Michael Douglas), maybe it will get the Dead To Me anual release date. Also, if Alan Arkin at least appeared for one ep, he would have the Guest actor in the bag.
huh. i thought he had an emmy already, but ig i mixed up alan alda and alan arkin.February 22, 2021 at 3:15 am #1204053993
Still pretty illogical iyam..
You’re still here?
Maybe you shouldn’t take a joke too seriously.February 22, 2021 at 4:44 am #1204054062
I don’t think labelling anything as a joke exempts it from serious discussion but clearly not everyone agrees seeing the responses 🙄February 22, 2021 at 9:48 am #1204054474
Is it possible that Kenan Thompson gets nominated for Kenan? He certainly is campaigning.February 22, 2021 at 10:14 am #1204054550
Kit Harington, Anna Paquin, Dominique Fishback, Garrett Hedlund, Jack Reynor, Miranda Richardson, Tom Burke, Kathryn Gallagher, Ben Rappaport, Lulu Wilson and many more in the cast of Modern Love Season 2. The show will return “later this year”.
https://ew.com/tv/modern-love-season-2-cast-kit-harington-anna-paquin/?amp=true&utm_campaign=entertainmentweekly_entertainmentweekly&utm_content=manual&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_term=6033f2510b08f0000193e507&__twitter_impression=trueFebruary 22, 2021 at 11:21 pm #1204055801
I know I just posted my predictions, but I’m going to do a top thirteen breakdown of Series because I’m bored.
(For now, I’m assuming that Only Murders in the Building and Never Have I Ever will miss eligibility. NHIE seems like it’s having a rocky road back to production, and OMITB only started filming in December, and if Hulu’s going to rush a series to premiere it’ll be The Great.)
1. Ted Lasso – Almost definitely our winner. Hasn’t missed a beat in winter awards, and it seems to be the consensus comedy favorite of the season.
2. The Great – Could miss eligibility, but if it does make it, it’ll be huge. Hulu should be kicking themselves for giving it such a late premiere last time, as the writing/directing combo and recent winter awards have proved that people are SUPER into this show (and rightfully so). Has a very strong shot at winning a LOT of categories.
3. The Flight Attendant – Did better than expected at SAG and has become a bit of a sleeper hit. Cuoco’s likely the frontrunner to win, and while it may not be the most prestige-y of the lineup, the reception has still been very very positive. Though I’m still not convinced the Academy won’t move it to Drama (that hourlong runtime could be its demise).
4. The Kominsky Method – Pretty easy check off. Probably Netflix’s biggest priority, and they usually get at least their top choice. Arkin’s departure could hurt it, but probably not enough to make a real impact.
5. PEN15 – Likely getting the WWDITS treatment. If Hulu gets OMITB into the mix I’ll be worried about this, but the writers are so gaga about this show that it’ll likely get a very comfortable spot even if it doesn’t show anywhere else.
6. Made for Love – A bit of a wild card. The cast is great but it’s got a VERY funky premise, which the Emmys don’t necessarily shy away from, but it’ll need to get the eyes first. HBO usually has two nominees, and this is the obvious second. If TFA is forced into Drama then even better for this. Milioti’s a threat to win in Actress.
7. Cobra Kai – A beautiful combination of the Mandalorian and Schitt’s Creek effects. Revered IP, and even though it’s three seasons deep it feels brand new because it’s absolutely exploded since Netflix picked it up. Probably depends on what they makes a priority, but they’d be dumb not to push the hell out of this. The populist pick on the list, but the big question mark is whether or not voters see it as enough of an Awards Thing.
8. Black-ish – It’s hard to get back into Series, especially with two seasons away, but this is the only primarily Black series in the mix, and it was probably a breath away from a nod last year. Wouldn’t be shocked to see it miss again, but this feels like a natural time for it to re-surge.
9. Sex Education – This is more wishful thinking than anything, but if it’s happening for this show at any time it’s this year. Will hopefully make an April/May premiere, but it all comes down to if Netflix promotes it. It’s a hugely popular show, but Netflix needs to legitimize it to get people to vote for it. Gillian Anderson being so hot right now could help.
10. Dickinson – Seems to have found its groove in season two. Critical acclaim is through the roof, but won’t be Apple’s priority, and Netflix seems to be cornering the possibilities for a teen show. Steinfeld alone is much more likely, and could be a writing spoiler.
11. Search Party – Has a small but very strong fanbase, and HBO now handling it could help, but that fanbase still does seem too small. Won’t help that it’s probably third rung at highest.
12. Mr. Mayor – Feels weird to bet against a Tina Fey / Ted Danson / Holly Hunter combo, but this is just making zero noise whatsoever. And its reviews leave a lot to be desired. Knowing how The Office and Parks and Rec started off, I could actually see this being a contender in the future if it figures its issues out, but for now, probably not.
13. Emily in Paris – Lmao, never say never…February 23, 2021 at 1:41 am #1204055931
It’s so weird how Ted Lasso practically came out of nowhere and it’s the frontrunner with a huge lead IMO.
Also, Netflix better win an award series this year because Apple is winning one and if Netflix doesn’t, please.February 23, 2021 at 4:51 am #1204056065
Nicholas Hoult possibly going supporting is such a fraud to me. He’s clearly the co-lead to Elle Fanning and if the roles were reversed no one would be doubting Fanning as also being a lead but for some reason unless a male character is undoubtedly the main character it’s impossible to imagine them being one of the leads.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.