Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Comedy Predictions (Part 2)

Emmys 2021 Comedy Predictions (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 514 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
braydenfitzsi..
Victor
  • Profile picture
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Topics:

Does Cuoco just have this Emmy win on lock?

She’s looking more liker by the day to win the Globe and if she’s the one to make the SAG five over the double Schitt’s Creek & double Dead to Me ladies, I don’t see how she loses / doesn’t benefit from a vote spilt.

And with an individual Globe and SAG win, unless a spring contender emerges or Waddingham gets bumped to lead, I just don’t see how she can lose.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Does Cuoco just have this Emmy win on lock?  

I do think Cuoco is being underestimated at the winter awards (like you said she could easily win both the Globe and SAG although CC will go to either O’Hara or Fanning) but she’s in no way a lock at this stage when a more acclaimed and arguably baitier performance in a show that already has been nominated at the Emmys (and will probably be 2nd in Series this time round) is in contention.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

If Waddingham does go lead who wins supporting actress? Does it automatically go to Temple or do Anderson or Dumezweni rise?

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Topics:

What are the chances that Pete Davidson is nominated for SNL this year? Comedy seems to barren this year, sketches predominantly centring him have been going viral all season, the industry clear likes and is arguable the most famous cast (currently on the show) since Eddie Murphy.

Not think (or necessary want it to happen) but think it’s something to be considered.

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

I do think Cuoco is being underestimated at the winter awards (like you said she could easily win both the Globe and SAG although CC will go to either O’Hara or Fanning) but she’s in no way a lock at this stage when a more acclaimed and arguably baitier performance in a show that already has been nominated at the Emmys (and will probably be 2nd in Series this time round) is in contention.

Except Elle Fanning is not more acclaimed than Cuoco and neither is The Great compared to The Flight Attendant. TFA has a higher score on metacritic (76 vs 75 for TG) and on rottentomatoes (98% vs 88% for The Great) and Cuoco has flat out raves in all the reviews.

I agree The Great is ultimately likelier to be nominated in Series than TFA and that’s its too early to claim anyone is a lock for Best Actress but I think you are overestimating The Great’s and Fanning’s strength at this stage.

Profile picture
    Jajajajjaja
    Topics:

Except Elle Fanning is not more acclaimed than Cuoco and neither is The Great compared to The Flight Attendant. TFA has a higher score on metacritic (76 vs 75 for TG) and on rottentomatoes (98% vs 88% for The Great) and Cuoco has flat out raves in all the reviews. I agree The Great is ultimately likelier to be nominated in Series than TFA and that’s its too early to claim anyone is a lock for Best Actress but I think you are overestimating The Great’s and Fanning’s strength at this stage.

I dont think its an overestimation at all. Fanning also got raved in all reviews(even negative review for the series) for her performance and many consider her snub at the previous emmys was a major snub (i know i will got attacked for this but I think its equal to Jake Gyllenhall snub at the 2015 Oscars for Nightcrawler)

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

I dont think its an overestimation at all. Fanning also got raved in all reviews(even negative review for the series) for her performance and many consider her snub at the previous emmys was a major snub (i know i will got attacked for this but I think its equal to Jake Gyllenhall snub at the 2015 Oscars for Nightcrawler)

I didn’t say that’s not the case. But her show and her performance are not more praised than Cuoco’s.

The Hollywood Reporter critics just posted today an article about their favorite performances of the year and Cuoco is included, unlike Fanning https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/review/hollywood-reporter-critics-pick-the-best-tv-performances-of-2020?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

Profile picture
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Topics:

If Waddingham does go lead who wins supporting actress? Does it automatically go to Temple or do Anderson or Dumezweni rise?

I’ve had four friends tell me after watching Ted Lasso that Keeley was the their character so I’m guessing she becomes the Darcy Carden of the show (the fan favourite who stans desperately want to happen).

Only feel like Anderson can pull an 2014-Janney if Sex Ed gets other nominations other than her (even it’s just Writing+Guest+1/2 crafts)

Didn’t know Dumezweni had a comedy show so looking forward to hearing more about that / eventually watching it.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

For me Waddinghan isn’t the lead by the way, her appearances are only to trying to be the bad guy who wants the team to fail, then the good guy who wants them to win. Apart from some character development on the divorce arc, for me she is the same as Temple

For Your Emmy Consideration:
    Matthew Rhys for "Perry Mason" as Leading Actor in a Drama Series
    Ethan Hawke for "The Good Lord Bird" as Leading Actor in a Limited Series
    Elizabeth Olsen and Kathryn Hahn for "Wandavision" as Leading and Supporting actress in Limited Series
    Tobias Menzies for "The Crown" as Supporting Actor in a Drama Series.
    MJ Rodriguez for "Pose" as Leading Actress in a Drama Series.

Profile picture
    Dan Backslide
    Topics:

For me Waddinghan isn’t the lead by the way, her appearances are only to trying to be the bad guy who wants the team to fail, then the good guy who wants them to win. Apart from some character development on the divorce arc, for me she is the same as Temple

I agree she’s not a lead, but she’s far more prominent than Temple.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Except Elle Fanning is not more acclaimed than Cuoco and neither is The Great compared to The Flight Attendant. TFA has a higher score on metacritic (76 vs 75 for TG) and on rottentomatoes (98% vs 88% for The Great) and Cuoco has flat out raves in all the reviews. I agree The Great is ultimately likelier to be nominated in Series than TFA and that’s its too early to claim anyone is a lock for Best Actress but I think you are overestimating The Great’s and Fanning’s strength at this stage.

It’s not an overestimation to consider the possibility that the only non Schitt’s Creek show this year to get into Writing and Directing could be a big contender. Especially one that has been more widely watched in the industry since the Emmys.

But then again I see you don’t have the show in Series at the Globes which I’d say is an underestimation.

TFA has a higher score on metacritic (76 vs 75 for TG)

By one point…

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Strategy-wise, I think they should keep Waddingham in the supporting race because I don’t think Temple has the appeal to win (even though she was great in it). And if Waddington goes lead, she’ll just lose to Fanning or Cuoco or whoever else who seems to be more of a clear case of a leading character. I get your point, wolfali, but there’s something else you should consider: she’s not Alec Baldwin. NBC could afford to put him wherever they wanted to lol

Except I think Hannah Waddingham can easily win lead over Fanning and Cuoco. Especially if Ted Lasso wins Series. A bit like how Dan Levy still managed to win over Tony Shalhoub.

Also I just want to clarify I am not saying Cuoco can’t win (I’d love to see it because she deserves it) but what I was saying earlier is she’s not a lock. In a way she reminds me of Aniston last year (except of course Aniston is a massive star which Kaley Cuoco is not).

Profile picture
    Onion
    Topics:

Except I think Hannah Waddingham can easily win lead over Fanning and Cuoco. Especially if Ted Lasso wins Series. A bit like how Dan Levy still managed to win over Tony Shalhoub.

I hope you’re right if they go that way. I really want her to get that Emmy and that’s why I’m worried that she might lose for being submitted incorrectly.

FYC Emmys: Zosia Mamet for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series, Wunmi Mosaku for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series, It's a Sin for every possible category: Limited Series, Writing, Directing, Actor (Olly Alexander), Actress (Lydia West), Supp. Actor (Callum Scott-Howells) and Supp. Actress (Keeley Hawes).

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

By one point…

I was replying to your comment saying Fanning is more acclaimed which is just not accurate. And you voluntarily ignored the RT scores which clearly favors TFA.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I was replying to your comment saying Fanning is more acclaimed which is just not accurate. And you voluntarily ignored the RT scores which clearly favors TFA.

Rotten Tomatoes scores when used on here are often said to be “inaccurate” so I’m not reading into those scores too much. See how Ozark s3 has a higher RT score than <i>The Crown </i>s2 but an inferior MC score.

However you have just proven that TFA is being underestimated here too. I think Cuoco is locked and I don’t think Huisman is missing considering how barren his field is but could it get anything else apart from Series, Actress and S. Actor nominations above the line? Directing?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 514 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Comedy Predictions (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.