Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Comedy Predictions (Part 2)

Emmys 2021 Comedy Predictions (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 514 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
braydenfitzsi..
Victor
  • Profile picture
    William Gillquist
    Topics:

Netflix have removed Cobra Kai as a priority. https://series.netflixawards.com/comedy-series

Profile picture
    Breaking Brad
    Topics:

Mythic Quest Season 2 is coming out on Apple TV for May 7th. I know only like 3 of us watched it last year, but who knows. I can dream it’ll get a nod or something if the second season does well, and Apple are starting to find some more success with their shows.

This is probably just wishful thinking, but I’ll hold out hope for this show. The first season starts out rough but it really find its footing in the second half of season 1 and delivers some great television and really deserved more love.

Profile picture
    String Cheese Theory
    Topics:

I totally agree that they all pretty much deserved their lead placements, it’s just that they didn’t seem any more lead than Hoult in The Great to me. I can think of many scenes where his character had storylines separate from Fanning and even the main premise of the show (SPOILER) was Catherine trying to stage a coup and kill him. I wonder if there’s a breakdown anywhere of his screen time compared to Fanning this season which could be quite helpful.

Thank you for the helpful spoiler alert.

Profile picture
    Allan Veríssimo
    Topics:

Atlanta and Black Monday start production in March.

Space Force start production in May.

https://stvplus.com/pages/proddates

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

We feel set for a lineup that includes Fineman, McKinnon, Rudolph, Strong, Temple, Waddingham. I think the last two slots will go to Noma Dumezweni and Gillian Anderson.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Topics:

Atlanta and Black Monday start production in March.

Space Force start production in May.

https://stvplus.com/pages/proddates

Too bad Black Monday’s back-four hanging episodes from July 2020 aren’t eligible this cycle, would’ve been another easy nom for Cheadle, barren enough for Rannells and hopeful for Hall.

Profile picture
    Allan Veríssimo
    Topics:

Love, Victor returns in June 11.

Profile picture
    OneAndOnly
    Topics:

Shrill is returning in May.

Have a great day if you see this!

FYC: Anthony Hopkins- The Father
    FYC: Chadwick Boseman - Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom

Straight/BLM

Profile picture
    Ryan
    Topics:

I really hope Only Murders in the Building can somehow be released in time.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I have a feeling Ted Lasso and <i>The Great </i>are both going to win at WGA but I have no idea which one I should predict for which award.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

Considering Hulu announced spring dates and they didn’t include neither Only Murders In The Building or The Great, I think it’s safe to say they aren’t returning on time (especially after already announcing Love, Victor’s June date). Same thing for Nine Perfect Strangers on the limited side.

Profile picture
    Ryan
    Topics:

I’m still holding out hope, even if it’s naive to do so.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Normal People didn’t announce its premiere date until the end of March so I can still see The Great and/or Nine Perfect Strangers being announced at the last minute (I assume like <i>Normal People </i>in March last year, they are still in post-production) but of course they’re both treading on a thin line.

If The Great misses then Hulu’s only comedy will be Pen15?

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

If The Great misses then Hulu’s only comedy will be Pen15?

Maybe they push Shrill

For Your Emmy Consideration:
    Matthew Rhys for "Perry Mason" as Leading Actor in a Drama Series
    Ethan Hawke for "The Good Lord Bird" as Leading Actor in a Limited Series
    Elizabeth Olsen and Kathryn Hahn for "Wandavision" as Leading and Supporting actress in Limited Series
    Tobias Menzies for "The Crown" as Supporting Actor in a Drama Series.
    MJ Rodriguez for "Pose" as Leading Actress in a Drama Series.

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

Normal People didn’t announce its premiere date until the end of March so I can still see The Great and/or Nine Perfect Strangers being announced at the last minute (I assume like <i>Normal People </i>in March last year, they are still in post-production) but of course they’re both treading on a thin line.

I’m assuming this may be because BBC was the one that had to announce the date considering they were the main producers and distributors.

Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 514 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Comedy Predictions (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.