Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Comedy Predictions (Part 2)

Emmys 2021 Comedy Predictions (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 492 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
11 mins ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
braydenfitzsi..
Victor
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

It wouldn’t surprise me either if Ted Lasso got two supporting actors in. Although three seems a bit much (there is still competition in terms of nominations).

I also don’t see Dunster happening. He kind of reminds me of Michael Zeagan in The Marvelous Mrs Maisel for some reason (in terms of awards trajectory).

Goldstein and Hunt are the likeliest I think largely because they’ll get the bigger pushes from Apple. Goldstein is the principal male supporting player of the show and part of the writers room and Hunt is the show’s co-creator.

I actually can see a scenario where Ted Lasso gets the most nominations of any show this year. With both Maisel and Schitt’s Creek ineligible both the technicals and the acting categories are clear for it and apart from Penn15 and The Great nothing else has enough writing buzz.

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Topics:
    Dan Backslide
    Topics:

Evil1

If last night’s episode is any indication, there’s plenty more evil to worry about.

Poor Kristen.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Riley Chow
    Topics:

Juno Temple has the “with” credit and the Los Angeles Times piece confirms that she is their third priority among the cast.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Wonder how much internationally produced Comedy Series The Great will be affected by the lockdown here in the UK and the travel ban because of the new Covid strain. I assume they have two episodes in the can.

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Mickmack
    Topics:

Where has this confidence in The Great Ted Lasso come from? The Flight Attendant and Cuoco are clearly the frontrunners.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    runninglikewater
    Topics:

Loving ‘The Flight Attendant’ and Cuoco’s performance… any predictions including Michelle Gomez? I think she is equally outstanding in the show.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    runninglikewater
    Topics:

Loving ‘The Flight Attendant’ and Cuoco’s performance… any predictions including Michelle Gomez? I think she is equally outstanding in the show.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I have slotted her in recently.

The category is empty and even though I haven’t see past the Pilot of the show I’ve seen more buzz for her over the past few days. She also has built herself as a name in the US in television (well as in she’s not a no one) with work on Doctor Who and Sabrina. And from what I hear she has more to do in the final two episodes of the show.

What I’m currently predicting for The Flight Attendant (noms wise):

Series
    Actress (Cuoco)
    S. Actor (Huisman)
    S. Actress (Gomez)
    S. Actress (Mamet)
    Directing
    Casting
    Main Title Design
    Main Title Theme Music
    Editing
    Editing
    Cinematography

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Allan Veríssimo
    Topics:

Updates:

– Atypical Season 4 will start production in January and will end in March.

– Better Things Season 5 will start production in January and will end in March.

– Cobra Kai Season 4 will start production in January and will end in April.

Source: https://www.spoilertv.com/2015/06/various-shows-production-dates.html?m=1

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Riley Chow
    Topics:

I am seeing talk about Michelle Gomez and I do not know why.  It is a thin role that I feel would be fairly unprecedented to be nominated.  Zosia Mamet is always good though and Oscar nominee Rosie Perez can do no wrong, although she was saddled with a weird storyline.  The pilot has such flashy editing that it would have won directing under the tape system.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I think The Flight Attendant is fairly safe in directing. Its direction is flashy and the category is empty.

The question is how many directors(and writers) do Ted Lasso submit? If they submit around 3 each then I think we could very well see a situation where Ted Lasso walks away with Series, Actor and S. Actress but just like Veep it looses writing and directing due to vote-splits. I’d say The Great and The Flight Attendant would be the main beneficiaries in writing and directing.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Riley Chow
    Topics:

I credit Ralph with getting The Morning Show to submit only the finale for writing and directing, so I imagine that he takes similar care with Ted Lasso, urging them only to enter “Make Rebecca Great Again”.

I expect its only acting nominees to be Sudeikis, Waddingham and Temple.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Eden
    Topics:

Did we watch a different show? The Flight Attendant had passable directing and, dare I say, terrible editing. Don’t get me started on the writing. I don’t see it getting much more than Cuoco and Series, depending on the competition.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

Only Cuoco is competitive for the win but predicting noms for Series, Supporting Actress, Directing and Writing isn’t far stretched.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 492 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.