Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Comedy Predictions (Part 3)

Emmys 2021 Comedy Predictions (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 501 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
braydenfitzsi..
Victor
  • Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

Frank of Ireland premieres April 16 on Amazon

Domhnall Gleeson? on a spring 1st season comedy?

Ending1

Profile picture
    puck05
    Topics:

I’m seeing so many articles about Superstore’s finale. What’s interesting is that I didn’t see anything about this show before its finale.

Profile picture
    marcus_emn
    Topics:

Nico Santos and America Ferrera coming for their overdue noms!

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

If the field thins out a bit more (i.e. one of Dave or Sex Education) then I might slot Superstore in. It seems to have strong buzz at the moment and it seems to have surged in popularity with it being on Netflix at the moment so that could help it.

FYC: All things The Crown, Hacks and I May Destroy You (and Hannah Waddingham and Julianne Nicholson whilst you're at it)!!

Profile picture
    puck05
    Topics:

It seems to have strong buzz at the moment and it seems to have surged in popularity with it being on Netflix at the moment so that could help it.

The thing is unlike Schitt’s Creek it’s not on Netflix US. It’s still buzzless at US.

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

Watch Santos continue the tradition of CC nominating people way before the Emmys ever get to them, lol. And his category is such a clusterf*ck it would be quiet easy for him to slide in if NBC campaigned even a little.

Ferrera is also guest eligible as well, wouldn’t be shocked if she got in there just purely on the strength of those categories liking main cast members who are eligible. Even though it’d be hella weird if the face of the show’s only nom is as a “guest”.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

The thing is unlike Schitt’s Creek it’s not on Netflix US. It’s still buzzless at US.

This is why I said only if the field thins out more I will predict it. It doesn’t have any buzz in the US but I can see members of the TV Academy who are let’s say not in the US (e.g. the disproportionately represented British bloc)’s votes help it if the field ends up being truly dead.

But like I said only if both Dave and Sex Education miss eligibility and Hacks flops, I will predict it.

FYC: All things The Crown, Hacks and I May Destroy You (and Hannah Waddingham and Julianne Nicholson whilst you're at it)!!

Profile picture
    Allan Veríssimo
    Topics:

Natasha Lyonne and Annie Murphy on the set of Russian Doll Season 2: https://mobile.twitter.com/TheFilmUpdates/status/1375265647614062592

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Annie Murphy staring at Emmy no.2:

Profile picture
    Pranshu
    Topics:

I hope Superstore pulls through! That finale would definitely be a worthy writing contender. And, America Ferrera! What a phenomenal performance she gives in the two-parter. So (and I can’t emphasize enough) talented. Shifts from comedic to dramatic & back in a second and with such charm. It’d be a shame if the award bodies fail to recognize her this time around.

FYC!
    Lead Actress (Drama) - Emma Corrin ("The Crown")
    Lead Actor (Drama) - Billy Porter ("Pose")
    Writing (Comedy) - Maya Erskine ("PEN15")

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

How many Supporting nominations will Ted Lasso receive ?

I’m confident in Juno Temple getting nominated as a Hannah’s coattail, considering their characters are pretty attached in the show.

But the male side is a mess. I have Swift, Goldstein and Hunt, but I’m unsure.

Profile picture
    Onion
    Topics:

I’m confident in Juno Temple getting nominated as a Hannah’s coattail, considering their characters are pretty attached in the show.

But the male side is a mess. I have Swift, Goldstein and Hunt, but I’m unsure.

A couple of months ago I was thinking none of the male supporting actors should be nominated but there’s literally no one else in the category to a point that I can’t bring myself to not predict all of them lol

FYC Emmys: Hacks, The Handmaid's Tale and The Queen's Gambit for the win!

Profile picture
    Sir Shaw
    Topics:

6 overall. 4 men, 2 women.

It’s Ted Lasso (a first season show) potentially getting 8/11 of its SAG nominated ensemble to individual acting nominations, for me.

Profile picture
    puck05
    Topics:

Even though it’s not for this season, I can’t wait for Russian Doll S2!

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

Annie Murphy staring at Emmy no.2:

Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 501 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Comedy Predictions (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.