Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Comedy Predictions (Part 3)

Emmys 2021 Comedy Predictions (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 501 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
braydenfitzsi..
Victor
  • Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

Annie Murphy staring at Emmy no.2:

ErikaGays1

Emmys FYC | Alan Tudyk in “Resident Alien” | Jennifer C. Holmes in “This Is Us” | Ego Nwodim in “Saturday Night Live” | Kaley Cuoco in “Harley Quinn” | “Dickinson” | “P-Valley” | “Pose” | “Superstore”

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

This isn’t the first headline you want to get for your new show…

Crew Member on Jean Smart Comedy Says He Was Fired After Getting COVID dlvr.it/RwSHfB

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Maya Erskine rises…

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

This isn’t the first headline you want to get for your new show…

Crew Member on Jean Smart Comedy Says He Was Fired After Getting COVID dlvr.it/RwSHfB

Bad news for Hacks.

Great news for Steinfeld, Erskine and/or Thede.

Emmys FYC | Alan Tudyk in “Resident Alien” | Jennifer C. Holmes in “This Is Us” | Ego Nwodim in “Saturday Night Live” | Kaley Cuoco in “Harley Quinn” | “Dickinson” | “P-Valley” | “Pose” | “Superstore”

Profile picture
    orangestraw
    Topics:

Long time lurker here, but wanted to post in the midst on this very weird Emmys cycle. I love reading the analysis on here, and the thought behind it.

I wanted to bring up Girls5eva – do we think this is going to make it to air before June? According to Busy Phillips’ instagram it wrapped filming end of February, so I thought there might be a chance it makes eligibility. I’m really interested to see how this turns out – the cast is phenomenal, the concept sounds great, but I don’t think of Peacock as a big awards player. But it’s got the goods to make some waves. Busy is a phenomenal comic actress (she should have Emmys for Laurie Keller and her guest stint on Kimmy Schmidt in my eyes), Andrew Rannells and Bowen Yang are both guest starring, and Renee Elise Goldsberry has previous awards pedigree. Usually I’d say Tina Fey’s involvement is also a plus, though given the reception to Mr Mayor I’m less sure. Got it in my head as a wildcard.

Given the recent chat about Superstore I’m one of the people in the UK who has become more aware of it down to Netflix, and it feels like many other people are in that same position. There seems to be a lot about the finale online this week, so as you discussed on the previous pages I think it now has one thing it’s seemed to be devoid of its whole run – buzz. I would love to see Lauren Ash take advantage of a pretty open Supporting Actress category (I enjoy SNL but would want only three from there tops) – she took Dina from being so one-note to so multi-faceted, and it’s one of my favourite performances. But the other one I want in there? Kaliko Kauahi. How Sandra went from being the punching bag of the first season, to still being a punching bag but union organiser, Jeff’s fake girlfriend, formidable love rival – her delivery is impeccable. Would love to see her (and Mark McKinney) added to predictions center.

On SNL – after Cecily Strong, it’s Ego Nwodim for me in Supporting Actress. She’s had Loco, Dionne Warwick Talk Show, Bottom Of Your Face, A Teacher, and has had a strong presence all season. Whatever she’s doing on screen, you know she’s bringing her A game. I don’t see her winning this year, but her star is on the rise and wouldn’t be surprise to see her get a win once Aidy, Cecily and Kate leave (which I think potentially for all three could be this year).

FYC:
    Ego Nwodim ("SNL"), Nico Santos ("Superstore"), Lolly Adefope ("Shrill"), MJ Rodriguez ("Pose"), Kate Winslet, Julianne Nicholson ("Mare of Easttown"), Punam Patel ("Special")

Profile picture
    Gabarnes43
    Topics:

COMEDY SERIES
    1. Ted Lasso
    2. The Flight Attendant
    3. The Kominsky Method
    4. Blackish
    5. Pen15
    6. Cobra Kai
    7. Sex Education
    8. Superstore

LEAD ACTOR IN A COMEDY
    1. Jason Sudeikis, Ted Lasso
    2. Michael Douglas, The Kominsky Method
    3. Anthony Anderson, Blackish
    4. Kenan Thompson, Kenan
    5. Asa Butterfield, Sex Education
    6. Dave Burd, Dave

LEAD ACTRESS IN A COMEDY
    1. Kaley Cuoco, The Flight Attendant
    2. Allison Janney, Mom
    3. Tracee Ellis Ross, Blackish
    4. Cristin Militoi, Made for Love
    5. Jane Levy, Zoey’s Extraordinary Playlist
    6. Maya Erskine, Pen15

SUPPORTING ACTOR IN A COMEDY
    1. Brett Goldstein, Ted Lasso
    2. Kenan Thomspson, Saturday Night Live
    3. Bowen Yang, Saturday Night Live
    4. Nico Santos, Superstore
    5. Brendan Hunt, Ted Lasso
    6. Ncuti Gatwa, Sex Education
    7. Jeremy Swift, Ted Lasso
    8. Michael Huisman, The Flight Attendant

SUPPORTING ACTRESS IN A COMEDY
    1. Hannah Waddingham, Ted Lasso
    2. Maya Rudolph, Saturday Night Live
    3. Kate McKinnon, Saturday Night Live
    4. Zosia Mamet, The Flight Attendant
    5. Juno Temple, Ted Lasso
    6. Gillian Anderson, Sex Education
    7. Rosie Perez, The Flight Attendant
    8. Chloe Fineman, Saturday Night Live

EMMY FYC

The Crown in all categories (inc. Olivia Colman & Gillian Anderson)

I May Destroy You, It’s a Sin, Stateless & The Queens Gambit

Kate Winslet, Keeley Hawes, Shaun Parkes, Marielle Heller, Michaela Coel

Ted Lasso & The Flight Attendant in all categories.

Girls5Eva

Profile picture
    Allan Veríssimo
    Topics:

Freddie Highmore is another addition to the list of artists who loved Ted Lasso.

FYC Emmys: Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist: Comedy Series, Comedy Actress (Jane Levy); Cobra Kai: Comedy Series; Dickinson: Comedy Actress (Hailee Steinfeld); The Good Doctor: Drama Actor (Freddie Highmore), Drama Supporting Actress (Paige Spara); His Dark Materials: Drama Supporting Actress (Ruth Wilson); Lovecraft Country: Drama Supporting Actress (Jamie Chung); WandaVision: Limited Series, Actress (Elizabeth Olsen), Actor (Paul Bettany), Supporting Actress (Kathryn Hahn).

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Call me crazy but I’ve put Chloe Fineman all the way up in fifth place in my predictions. We know the actors branch love SNL and she honestly feels like she has more buzz than McKinnon, Strong, Bryant and yes Rudolph.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    24fanatic
    Topics:

I’m not buying that the Emmys will go for or nominate the likes of Cobra Kai and Sex Education. They feel too niche and the later has been ignored twice before.

They will likely go for something more broad (and potentially less deserving) like Mom, The Connors, or return to nominating Black-ish. Those 3 shows have more of an Emmy pedigree with previous Emmy nominees and winners.

Had it not been for the scandal with Mrs. Macy, I think Shameless could have scored a nom with its final season. I haven’t been watching, but I hope Emmy returns for the series finale and is able to score a guest nom.

Also, Apple could get 2 shows in if they push Dickinson. It’s got the money behind it, but idk if they’ll consider it too coming of age or weird.

Profile picture
    orangestraw
    Topics:

I’m not convinced Maya’s making supporting – I have a feeling tonight’s guest-hosting gig might be her last appearance of the season, and she hasn’t been in as much this year as I thought she’d be (after the initial run of pre-election episodes).

On a somewhat related note, I have a feeling she’s going to be wheeling out Oprah circa Harry and Meghan interview tonight and it’s going to cement her the Guest Actress win for the second year running.

FYC:
    Ego Nwodim ("SNL"), Nico Santos ("Superstore"), Lolly Adefope ("Shrill"), MJ Rodriguez ("Pose"), Kate Winslet, Julianne Nicholson ("Mare of Easttown"), Punam Patel ("Special")

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I’m not buying that the Emmys will go for or nominate the likes of Cobra Kai and Sex Education. They feel too niche and the later has been ignored twice before. They will likely go for something more broad (and potentially less deserving) like Mom, The Connors, or return to nominating Black-ish. Those 3 shows have more of an Emmy pedigree with previous Emmy nominees and winners.

Well I mean the fifth season of Schitt’s Creek managed to break in over Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, The Kominsky Method and Black-ish based on its popularity so I d0n’t think an Emmy pedigree is more of value nowadays with the plurality vote.

I feel like passion and popularity are more important, especially in an open field like this. Cobra Kai  could miss and something like Mom could get nominated but my only issue is that not only does the former have more passion, but it also has wider visibility and buzz.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Cobra Kai Will get in based on tech support, even if the actors misses.

For Your Emmy Consideration:
    Matthew Rhys for "Perry Mason" | Ethan Hawke for "The Good Lord Bird", THE GOOD LORD BIRD in ALL CATEGORIES | Elizabeth Olsen and Kathryn Hahn for "Wandavision" | Tobias Menzies for "The Crown" | MJ Rodriguez for "Pose" | Jane Levy for "Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist"

Profile picture
    TheCineMike
    Topics:

I think Cobra Kai is all but locked to get a Comedy Series nod. It has a more passionate base this year more than ever.

https://thecinemike.wordpress.com/
    Twitter: @TheCineMike

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

I have both of them, mainly for the odds because I never watched this show
    Anything besides Jason Sudeikis and Michael Douglas is up in the air

For Your Emmy Consideration:
    Matthew Rhys for "Perry Mason" | Ethan Hawke for "The Good Lord Bird", THE GOOD LORD BIRD in ALL CATEGORIES | Elizabeth Olsen and Kathryn Hahn for "Wandavision" | Tobias Menzies for "The Crown" | MJ Rodriguez for "Pose" | Jane Levy for "Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist"

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Neither are locks of course but I do think it’s a bit daft to rule them out completely.

Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 501 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Comedy Predictions (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.