Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Comedy Predictions (Part 3)

Emmys 2021 Comedy Predictions (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 501 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
braydenfitzsi..
Victor
  • Profile picture
    Sir Shaw
    Topics:

Master of None making a comeback

Cosgrave1

Dear Emmys Voters

Television has never been better and it’s a pandemic year.

Be bold, not boring.

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

Well why not?

Because it wouldn’t be a “big” surprise, everyone knows the possibility is out there.

Anyway, did some digging and it does seem like it’s indeed Master Of None. There were reports of a s3 being shot even before Covid. Sounds like they were accurate. https://www.google.com/amp/s/consequenceofsound.net/2021/01/aziz-ansari-master-of-none-season-3/amp/

Profile picture
    Allan Veríssimo
    Topics:

Avenue 5 Season 2 will start production in September.

FYC Emmys: Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist: Comedy Series, Comedy Actress (Jane Levy); Cobra Kai: Comedy Series; Dickinson: Comedy Actress (Hailee Steinfeld); The Good Doctor: Drama Actor (Freddie Highmore), Drama Supporting Actress (Paige Spara); His Dark Materials: Drama Supporting Actress (Ruth Wilson); Lovecraft Country: Drama Supporting Actress (Jamie Chung); WandaVision: Limited Series, Actress (Elizabeth Olsen), Actor (Paul Bettany), Supporting Actress (Kathryn Hahn).

Profile picture
    puck05
    Topics:

I have now watched the three episodes of Made for Love. I like the weird vibe of this show. The narrative structure is interesting, I feel like I’m watching a second season rather than being introduced to the story and characters. These things might piss some people off.

Netflix has updated its FYC site for Emmys and Emily in Paris is the only priority in comedy. I guess Cobra Kai’s chance is lower now. After Life is included as a contender maybe Ricky Gervais can benefit from the empty field.

Profile picture
    Melvinezq
    Topics:

. Netflix has updated its FYC site for Emmys and Emily in Paris is the only priority in comedy. I guess Cobra Kai’s chance is lower now.

When you have stylistic martial art show, but you choose panned comedy.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Didn’t they prioritise that cancelled Kenya Barris flop over GLOW, Sex Education and Never Have I Ever last year? Lol Netflix are bad at playing the comedy game.

But the less competition for Lasso the better so I’m glad Netflix are screwing it up.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    Gaceru
    Topics:

Didn’t they prioritise that cancelled Kenya Barris flop over GLOW, Sex Education and Never Have I Ever last year? Lol Netflix are bad at playing the comedy game.

But the less competition for Lasso the better so I’m glad Netflix are screwing it up.

BlackAF? It was a flop, but it was renewed.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

BlackAF? It was a flop, but it was renewed.

I read reports that Kenya Barris was trying to exit his overall deal with Netflix early or something.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    Gaceru
    Topics:

I read reports that Kenya Barris was trying to exit his overall deal with Netflix early or something.

Yes, he’s going to ViacomCBS, but the show is renewed. At least for now.

Profile picture
    boss
    Topics:

Netflix has updated its FYC site for Emmys and Emily in Paris is the only priority in comedy. I guess Cobra Kai’s chance is lower now. After Life is included as a contender maybe Ricky Gervais can benefit from the empty field.

This update is not reflective for Emmys. Never Have I Ever and Dead to Me are not returning and guilds are over, so that’s why Emily in Paris remains there alone as of now.

Profile picture
    Turd Ferguson
    Topics:

Has anyone watched Resident Alien? Alan Tudyk would be a very deserving best actor nominee.

Big fan of Better Call Saul, Sex Education, Barry, BoJack Horseman, and, especially, Survivor

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Netflix submissions for Comedy Series!

Cobra Kai has submitted three male leads, two female leads, two supporting actresses and four supporting actors (including Martin Kove).

Emily in Paris has submitted one director (Andrew Fleming).

Bette Midler and Judith Light continue to be in supporting actress for <i>The Politician </i>whilst for some bizarre reason Gwyneth Paltrow remains in lead in spite of being a glorified guest.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Has anyone watched Resident Alien? Alan Tudyk would be a very deserving best actor nominee.

This show is becoming something, right, I might include him in, but damn, SyFy

For Your Emmy Consideration:
    Matthew Rhys for "Perry Mason" | Ethan Hawke for "The Good Lord Bird", THE GOOD LORD BIRD in ALL CATEGORIES | Elizabeth Olsen and Kathryn Hahn for "Wandavision" | Tobias Menzies for "The Crown" | MJ Rodriguez for "Pose" | Jane Levy for "Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist"

Profile picture
    Allan Veríssimo
    Topics:

Emily in Paris as priority instead of Cobra Kai? Jesus, Netflix…

FYC Emmys: Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist: Comedy Series, Comedy Actress (Jane Levy); Cobra Kai: Comedy Series; Dickinson: Comedy Actress (Hailee Steinfeld); The Good Doctor: Drama Actor (Freddie Highmore), Drama Supporting Actress (Paige Spara); His Dark Materials: Drama Supporting Actress (Ruth Wilson); Lovecraft Country: Drama Supporting Actress (Jamie Chung); WandaVision: Limited Series, Actress (Elizabeth Olsen), Actor (Paul Bettany), Supporting Actress (Kathryn Hahn).

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

Too bad Xolo Maridueña is in lead, he’s lowkey the beating heart of the season and could’ve made an easy supporting.

Emmys FYC | Alan Tudyk in “Resident Alien” | Billie Piper in “I Hate Suzie” | Ego Nwodim in “Saturday Night Live” | Kaley Cuoco in “Harley Quinn” | “Dickinson” | “P-Valley” | “Pose” | “Superstore”

Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 501 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Comedy Predictions (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.