Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Comedy Predictions (Part 3)

Emmys 2021 Comedy Predictions (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 501 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
braydenfitzsi..
Victor
  • Profile picture
    Sir Shaw
    Topics:

Since Sup. Actor is generally, well dead. Do we see of the confirmed Netflix people making it

• Lucas Bravo (Emily in Paris)
    • Theo Germaine (The Politician)
    • Martin Kove (Cobra Kai)
    • Tanner Buchanan (Cobra Kai)
    • Jacob Bertrand (Cobra Kai)
    • Gianni Decenzo (Cobra Kai)

Dear Emmys Voters

Television has never been better and it’s a pandemic year.

Be bold, not boring.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Since Sup. Actor is generally, well dead. Do we see of the confirmed Netflix people making it

Well, none

For Your Emmy Consideration:
    Matthew Rhys for "Perry Mason" | Ethan Hawke for "The Good Lord Bird", THE GOOD LORD BIRD in ALL CATEGORIES | Elizabeth Olsen and Kathryn Hahn for "Wandavision" | Tobias Menzies for "The Crown" | MJ Rodriguez for "Pose" | Jane Levy for "Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist"

Profile picture
    TheCineMike
    Topics:

I can see Martin Kove making it.

https://thecinemike.wordpress.com/
    Twitter: @TheCineMike

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Lol this field isn’t weak enough for the most annoying character on The Politician and the eye candy in Emily in Paris to make it in.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

Emily in Paris as priority instead of Cobra Kai? Jesus, Netflix…

I’m still not sure why everyone is that high on this show when even Netflix isn’t. Worth nothing the show was eligible at SAG and couldn’t get into ensemble despite the incredibly weak field and after having buzz in fall and in January (so we can’t blame the late release, especially not considering bridgerton happened).

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Emily in Paris is so obviously not happening above the line. It will get a tonne of creative arts nominations because like <i>The Umbrella Academy</i> it has flashy expensive technicals and the half hour field is practically dead.

But Collins and the show are not happening. Do you guys really think the Emmys will bite after the flack the HFPA received for nominating it?

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    Sir Shaw
    Topics:

Umbrella Academy is only a half hour? Might give it a watch, can’t deal when Netflix originals are 1hr10min per episode.

Dear Emmys Voters

Television has never been better and it’s a pandemic year.

Be bold, not boring.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Umbrella Academy is only a half hour? Might give it a watch, can’t deal when Netflix originals are 1hr10min per episode.

I don’t know if it is. What I was saying more is that Emily in Paris is comparable to it (big tech player but not good enough or prestigious enough to be a player above the line).

Profile picture
    Allan Veríssimo
    Topics:

No, Umbrella Academy has episodes between 40 and 60 minutes.

FYC Emmys: Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist: Comedy Series, Comedy Actress (Jane Levy); Cobra Kai: Comedy Series; Dickinson: Comedy Actress (Hailee Steinfeld); The Good Doctor: Drama Actor (Freddie Highmore), Drama Supporting Actress (Paige Spara); His Dark Materials: Drama Supporting Actress (Ruth Wilson); Lovecraft Country: Drama Supporting Actress (Jamie Chung); WandaVision: Limited Series, Actress (Elizabeth Olsen), Actor (Paul Bettany), Supporting Actress (Kathryn Hahn).

Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

When Master of None is announced for a May release and Sex Education is pushed to summer cause they don’t need to rush it for that second May premiere slot…

Emmys FYC: Maya Erskine in PEN15, Paapa Essiedu in I May Destroy You, Keeley Hawes in It's a Sin, Carl Lumbly in TFATWS, Cristin Milioti in Made for Love, Elizabeth Olsen in WandaVision, Billie Piper in I Hate Suzie, Hailee Steinfeld in Dickinson, William Zabka in Cobra Kai

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

Emily in Paris as priority instead of Cobra Kai? Jesus, Netflix…

Dreading the inevitable onslaught of click bait articles “Yes, Emily in Paris is an ACTUAL EMMY nominated series” when it gets it’s 1 Costume nod.

(Which say what you want about the show itself but everybody is exquisitely dressed)

Emmys FYC | Alan Tudyk in “Resident Alien” | Billie Piper in “I Hate Suzie” | Ego Nwodim in “Saturday Night Live” | Kaley Cuoco in “Harley Quinn” | “Dickinson” | “P-Valley” | “Pose” | “Superstore”

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Dave just wrapped up shooting yesterday. Considering its release date for season 1 was announced three months before its premiere it looks like it too will probably miss eligibility.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CNK7zGMrr9a/

Profile picture
    Riley Chow
    Topics:

With Lil Dicky also being a hands-on executive producer, him saying that it is a wrap on the season could theoretically mean that he is wrapped working on it, meaning that post-production is completed as well.

Profile picture
    Couverture
    Topics:

Worth nothing the show was eligible at SAG and couldn’t get into ensemble despite the incredibly weak field

Was it though? A line-up of Schitt’s Creek, Ted Lasso, The Flight Attendant, Dead To Me and The Great is exactly the opposite IMO.

Profile picture
    String Cheese Theory
    Topics:

Dreading the inevitable onslaught of click bait articles “Yes, Emily in Paris is an ACTUAL EMMY nominated series” when it gets it’s 1 Costume nod. (Which say what you want about the show itself but everybody is exquisitely dressed)

Oh dear I thought the costumes were mocked incessantly online. They were one of the weaker parts of a weak show.

Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 501 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Comedy Predictions (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.