Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Comedy Predictions (Part 4)

Emmys 2021 Comedy Predictions (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 502 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 week ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
braydenfitzsi..
Victor
  • Profile picture
    Chloe Sevigny stan <3
    Topics:

Macchio, Zabka or Burd, imo. Depending on how well you have Cobra Kai doing, drop either one of them (or both). As for Burd, yes the Ramy similarities are their but what pushed him over the edge was the Globe win and joining of Mahershala, Dave S2 doesn’t have that.

yeah Burd feels like the weak link but I’m holding onto him for now because of the good odds haha.

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

This field is getting more and more depressing with each passing day. Why is it that during such a depressing year we have less comedies to fall back on? It’s not like it’s harder to shoot a comedy during a pandemic than it is The Handmaid’s Tale. The only comedies I’d probably nominate in Series this year are Pen15, Ted Lasso and The Flight Attendant (those aren’t the only ones I’ve seen). I hated the pilot of The Kominsky Method so I haven’t bothered to go back since, I gave up on Black-ish a few seasons ago and I have no plans to watch Cobra Kai. Any other funny shows eligible this year worth watching?

Did you watch Dickinson ? I really liked, although it’s a love or hate show because of how weird and unconventional it is for a period show (the characters smoke weed, soundtrack has Billie Elish songs, there’s a lot of f-bombs).

Profile picture
    Carlo
    Topics:

Is Dave premiering in time?

Profile picture
    Sir Shaw
    Topics:

Any other funny shows eligible this year worth watching?

Mythic Quest on AppleTV. It’s such a silly show in the vein of classic workplace comedies, but in the video game industry.

Dear Emmys Voters

Television has never been better and it’s a pandemic year.

Be bold, not boring.

Profile picture
    puck05
    Topics:

Any other funny shows eligible this year worth watching?

Dash and Lily on Netflix. A heart warming romantic dramedy set in NYC.

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

Yes to Dash & Lily. It’s such a charming heartwarming romantic comedy and extremely well-written, you actually feel for the titular leads and want the best for them.

If you ignore it’s Christmas setting, its such a fantastic watch (and only eight half hour episodes).

Emmys FYC | Alan Tudyk in “Resident Alien” | Billie Piper in “I Hate Suzie” | Ego Nwodim in “Saturday Night Live” | Kaley Cuoco in “Harley Quinn” | “Dickinson” | “P-Valley” | “Pose” | “Superstore”

Profile picture
    boss
    Topics:

Where is this confidence for Hacks coming from? For me it is exactly the kind of project that is only a real contender based on its audience and critical reception once it airs. Smart’s recent nominations had been for Fargo and Watchmen, projects that had so many other nominations, so it is not like she can carry this show on her own.

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

The way Ted Lasso really has no competition

Profile picture
    orangestraw
    Topics:

Where is this confidence for Hacks coming from? For me it is exactly the kind of project that is only a real contender based on its audience and critical reception once it airs. Smart’s recent nominations had been for Fargo and Watchmen, projects that had so many other nominations, so it is not like she can carry this show on her own.

Smart is pretty loved at the Emmys though. Guest actress for Frasier, supporting noms for Samantha Who? (a show that was otherwise pretty unloved by the Emmys) and 24. If it premieres in time, I feel she has a good shot for a nom.

FYC:
    Emmy: Ego Nwodim ("SNL"), Nico Santos ("Superstore"), Lolly Adefope ("Shrill"), MJ Rodriguez ("Pose")
    BAFTA: Leila Farzad ("I Hate Suzie")

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Where is this confidence for Hacks coming from?

HBO Max, Jean Smart, Michael Schur, the writers of Broad City

I mean it could of course very well flop but with new shows like this I feel like with a pedigree like that, it’s hard to rule them out until we see whether it performs poorly with audiences and/or critics (a bit like Run and Made for Love or on the other side of the spectrum – Barry and Ted Lasso). Considering how ridiculously barren the field is and how familiar a face Smart is to Emmy voters she could very well be a top contender if the show has some sort of strong critical or audience buzz.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

The way Ted Lasso really has no competition

Yeah, i don’t think Master of None will create momentum to beat the already huge Ted Lasso. Same for Sudeikis.

For Your Emmy Consideration:
    Matthew Rhys for "Perry Mason" as Leading Actor in a Drama Series
    Ethan Hawke for "The Good Lord Bird" as Leading Actor in a Limited Series, THE GOOD LORD BIRD in ALL CATEGORIES.
    Elizabeth Olsen and Kathryn Hahn for "Wandavision" as Leading and Supporting actress in Limited Series
    Tobias Menzies for "The Crown" as Supporting Actor in a Drama Series.
    MJ Rodriguez for "Pose" as Leading Actress in a Drama Series.

Profile picture
    smurty11
    Topics:

Never Have I Ever is ineligible this year.
    It’s coming out in July with Common in a recurring role.

https://deadline.com/2021/04/common-season-2-mindy-kaling-never-have-i-ever-netflix-series-recurring-role-1234733809/

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Never Have I Ever is ineligible this year. It’s coming out in July with Common in a recurring role. https://deadline.com/2021/04/common-season-2-mindy-kaling-never-have-i-ever-netflix-series-recurring-role-1234733809/

Everyone really is running away from Ted Lasso and Rebecca Welton…

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Series

1. Ted Lasso
    2. The Flight Attendant
    3. Master of None
    4. The Kominsky Method
    5. PEN15
    6. Blackish
    7. Cobra Kai
    8. Zoey’s Extraordinary Playlist

9. Search Party
    10. Dave

Actor

1. Jason Sudeikis, Ted Lasso
    2. Aziz Ansari, Master of None
    3. Michael Douglas, The Kominsky Method
    4. Anthony Anderson, Blackish
    5. Ralph Macchio, Cobra Kai
    6. William Zabka, Cobra Kai

7. Dave Burd, Dave
    8. Ted Danson, Mr Mayor

Actress

1. Kaley Cuoco, The Flight Attendant
    2. Tracee Ellis Ross, Blackish
    3. Jane Levy, Zoey’s Extraordinary Playlist
    4. Maya Erskine, PEN15
    5. Anna Konkle, PEN15
    6. Jean Smart, Hacks

7. Cristin Millioti, Made for Love
    8. Robin Thede, A Black Lady Sketch Show
    9. Hailee Steinfeld, Dickinson
    10. Alison Janney, Mom

Supp Actor (this one is a mess and i have no idea what to do so)

1. Bowen Yang, SNL
    2. Kenan Thompson, SNL
    3. Brendan Hunt, Ted Lasso
    4. Michiel Hulsman, The Flight Attendant
    5. Paul Reiser, The Kominsky Method
    6. Alex Newell, Zoey’s Extraordinary Playlist
    7. Brett Goldstein, Ted Lasso
    8. Ray Romano, Made for Love

9. Nick Mohammed, Ted Lasso
    10. Jeremy Swift, Ted Lasso

Supp Actress (i don’t watch SNL and it doesn’t have buzz right here for me to know who has a better shot so I’m just going with the flow with some of these)

1. Hannah Waddingham, Ted Lasso
    2. Kate McKinnon, SNL
    3. Juno Temple, Ted Lasso
    4. Cecily Strong, SNL
    5. Zosla Mamet, The Flight Attendant
    6. Kathleen Turner, The Kominsky Method
    7. Maya Rudolph, SNL
    8. Rosie Perez, The Flight Attendant

9. Laurie Metcalf, The Conners
    10. Bette Midler, The Politician

For Your Emmy Consideration:
    Matthew Rhys for "Perry Mason" as Leading Actor in a Drama Series
    Ethan Hawke for "The Good Lord Bird" as Leading Actor in a Limited Series, THE GOOD LORD BIRD in ALL CATEGORIES.
    Elizabeth Olsen and Kathryn Hahn for "Wandavision" as Leading and Supporting actress in Limited Series
    Tobias Menzies for "The Crown" as Supporting Actor in a Drama Series.
    MJ Rodriguez for "Pose" as Leading Actress in a Drama Series.

Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

If Ted Lasso submits multiple episodes in Writing or Directing, Master of None could beat them there. They are 2/2 in the former category.

Emmys FYC: Maya Erskine in PEN15, Paapa Essiedu in I May Destroy You, Keeley Hawes in It's a Sin, Carl Lumbly in TFATWS, Cristin Milioti in Made for Love, Elizabeth Olsen in WandaVision, Billie Piper in I Hate Suzie, Hailee Steinfeld in Dickinson, William Zabka in Cobra Kai

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 502 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Comedy Predictions (Part 4)’ is closed to new replies.