Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Comedy Predictions (Part 4)

Emmys 2021 Comedy Predictions (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 501 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
braydenfitzsi..
Victor
  • Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

“Only Murderers in the Building” will premiere in August

https://twitter.com/popcrave/status/1382381558502457347

Emmys FYC | Alan Tudyk in “Resident Alien” | Jennifer C. Holmes in “This Is Us” | Ego Nwodim in “Saturday Night Live” | Kaley Cuoco in “Harley Quinn” | “Dickinson” | “P-Valley” | “Pose” | “Superstore”

Profile picture
    Carlo
    Topics:

Cold reception for the Jamie Foxx comedy on Netflix…comedy this year could not be weaker

Profile picture
    vinny
    Topics:

Mythic Quest on AppleTV. It’s such a silly show in the vein of classic workplace comedies, but in the video game industry.

I second this and Will add two more
    1)It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia
    2)Mixed-Ish

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I wonder if Ted Lasso could end up like the later seasons of Veep and just cancel itself out in writing and directing but still win series.

Although the fact it managed to overcome The Great (which seems to be a show with strong writers branch support) at WGA is promising for its writing chances.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

I feel pretty confident saying Ted Lasso will lose directing if they submit more than one episode. Apple submitted very intelligently last year, so I am mostly expecting them to do a very focused campaign on the pilot, the finale, or “Make Rebecca Great Again.” With Fleabag and Schitt’s Creek, the directors have shown that they aren’t as snobbish when picking winners, so I doubt the fact that Ted Lasso doesn’t really have particularly impressive direction will hurt it, but it doesn’t feel undeniable enough that any episode could overcome a vote split. I wasn’t sure about The Flight Attendant before DGA, but that showed its strength, though I think Master of None (given it’s good and it submits only one episode) will be the one to beat.

Emmys FYC: Maya Erskine in PEN15, Paapa Essiedu in I May Destroy You, Keeley Hawes in It's a Sin, Carl Lumbly in TFATWS, Cristin Milioti in Made for Love, Elizabeth Olsen in WandaVision, Billie Piper in I Hate Suzie, Hailee Steinfeld in Dickinson, William Zabka in Cobra Kai

Profile picture
    Allan Veríssimo
    Topics:

Jesus… https://mobile.twitter.com/sepinwall/status/1382315266479169538

FYC Emmys: Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist: Comedy Series, Comedy Actress (Jane Levy); Cobra Kai: Comedy Series; Dickinson: Comedy Actress (Hailee Steinfeld); The Good Doctor: Drama Actor (Freddie Highmore), Drama Supporting Actress (Paige Spara); His Dark Materials: Drama Supporting Actress (Ruth Wilson); Lovecraft Country: Drama Supporting Actress (Jamie Chung); WandaVision: Limited Series, Actress (Elizabeth Olsen), Actor (Paul Bettany), Supporting Actress (Kathryn Hahn).

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Jesus… https://mobile.twitter.com/sepinwall/status/1382315266479169538

This show feels like some sort of parody. Even the poster does lol.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

This show feels like some sort of parody. Even the poster does lol.

This looks like a cbs low budget poster lol

For Your Emmy Consideration:
    Matthew Rhys for "Perry Mason" | Ethan Hawke for "The Good Lord Bird", THE GOOD LORD BIRD in ALL CATEGORIES | Elizabeth Olsen and Kathryn Hahn for "Wandavision" | Tobias Menzies for "The Crown" | MJ Rodriguez for "Pose" | Jane Levy for "Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist"

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

“Only Murderers in the Building” will premiere in August https://twitter.com/popcrave/status/1382381558502457347

What are the “we won’t be watching”, “edit Selena out” comments below the tweet about?

Profile picture
    Onion
    Topics:

What are the “we won’t be watching”, “edit Selena out” comments below the tweet about?

Probably just some petty beliebers.

FYC Emmys: What are you waiting 5 to support Girls5eva? (and It's a Sin too!)

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Probably just some petty beliebers.

Ah ok. I don’t follow music that much so I was a bit confused haha.

Profile picture
    Sir Shaw
    Topics:

Honestly, they are silly not to push Michael Cimino (lead). All these would be longshots at best, but still, they should campaign for them in this dry field.

I mean, it’s not impossible. After the quartet of Sudekis, Douglas, Anderson & Ansari, the last two spots in that category are an open day. Given that

1) Hulu doesn’t any other options in Lead Actor thanks to Hoult, Youssef and the murdering Martin duo all missing.

2) His show is premiering it’s second season right in the beginning/middle of voting (June 11).

It would be really easy for Hulu to siphon off some of Uncle Walt’s money for the standard marketing campaign into some FYCs.

Dear Emmys Voters

Television has never been better and it’s a pandemic year.

Be bold, not boring.

Profile picture
    Allan Veríssimo
    Topics:

Dead to Me Season 3 will only start production in May!

https://stvplus.com/pages/proddates

FYC Emmys: Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist: Comedy Series, Comedy Actress (Jane Levy); Cobra Kai: Comedy Series; Dickinson: Comedy Actress (Hailee Steinfeld); The Good Doctor: Drama Actor (Freddie Highmore), Drama Supporting Actress (Paige Spara); His Dark Materials: Drama Supporting Actress (Ruth Wilson); Lovecraft Country: Drama Supporting Actress (Jamie Chung); WandaVision: Limited Series, Actress (Elizabeth Olsen), Actor (Paul Bettany), Supporting Actress (Kathryn Hahn).

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Dead to Me probably won’t even be eligible at the winter awards at this point lol.

Not great for it or Applegate’s chances if it comes on air after The Chair and On the Verge come on if those two end up being big hits.

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

IndieWire Supporting Actress Predictions

Predicted Nominees:

Maya Rudolph, “Saturday Night Live”
    Kate McKinnon, “Saturday Night Live”
    Hannah Waddingham, “Ted Lasso”
    Cecily Strong, “Saturday Night Live”
    Juno Temple, “Ted Lasso”
    Rosie Perez, “The Flight Attendant”
    Aidy Bryant, “Saturday Night Live”
    Bette Midler, “The Politician”

Contenders:
    Laurie Metcalf, “The Conners”
    Zosia Mamet, “The Flight Attendant”
    Holly Hunter, “Mr. Mayor”
    Jane Krakowski, “Dickinson”
    Kathleen Turner, “The Kominsky Method”
    Michelle Gomez, “The Flight Attendant”
    Mary Steenburgen, “Zoey’s Extraordinary Playlist”
    Jaime Pressly, “Mom”
    Martha Plimpton, “Generation”

In a Perfect World: Lauren Ash, “Superstore”
    Paula Pell, “A.P. Bio”

Emmys FYC | Alan Tudyk in “Resident Alien” | Jennifer C. Holmes in “This Is Us” | Ego Nwodim in “Saturday Night Live” | Kaley Cuoco in “Harley Quinn” | “Dickinson” | “P-Valley” | “Pose” | “Superstore”

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 501 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Comedy Predictions (Part 4)’ is closed to new replies.