Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Comedy Predictions (Part 4)

Emmys 2021 Comedy Predictions (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 502 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
2 weeks ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
braydenfitzsi..
Victor
  • Profile picture
    Riley Chow
    Topics:

I am kicking myself that I forgot about the DGA’s obsession with HBO.  They continue to nominate Curb Your Enthusiasm and Real Time, even though the Emmy directors’ branch has moved on.  Chernobyl is the only foreign production that has been able to break through.  The drama lineup last year was entirely HBO.  They denied The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel repeatedly for Barry and Veep.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I am kicking myself that I forgot about the DGA’s obsession with HBO. They continue to nominate Curb Your Enthusiasm and Real Time, even though the Emmy directors’ branch has moved on. Chernobyl is the only foreign production that has been able to break through. The drama lineup last year was entirely HBO. They denied The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel repeatedly for Barry and Veep.

This is partly why I’m very sceptical about Tim Van Patten making it into Drama Directing at the Emmys (I have him in 8th). He is a television director’s legend like Lesli Linka Glatter and the field is wide open after The CrownThe Mandalorian and Bridgerton but the fact he missed in an arguably more open field where “names” and HBO are favoured is concerning.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    boss
    Topics:

Chernobyl is the only foreign production that has been able to break through.

This year, surprisingly, we learned that I May Destroy You was ineligible.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Chernobyl is the only foreign production that has been able to break through.

Perhaps HBO’s only foreign production to break through as Downton Abbey was nominated at DGA in 2015.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    gabspss
    Topics:

Made for Love was really good, but the finale was kind of a let down because of so many unfinished storylines. I’m extremely anxious for Series 2 and hoping the series gets some major Emmy love.

It's about the chaotic editing in Moulin Rouge!

Profile picture
    puck05
    Topics:

Made for Love went downhill after its first three episodes. Literally nothing happened beyond the premise. None of the issues like technology, marriage and billionaires were explored. It was overall disappointing.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Will be interesting to see how <i>Hacks </i>performs with audiences. If we’re to go on a viewership level then according to FlixPatrol both <i>The Flight Attendant </i>and It’s a Sin performed well and both Genera+ion and Made for Love kind of flopped. So really it’s 50/50 for Hacks.

https://flixpatrol.com/top10/hbo/united-states/2021/full/#hbo-2

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

Billy Magnussen was fantastic in Made For Love. I actually liked him more than Millioti. If anyone from the show gets in, it’s her, but I will be rooting for him.

Profile picture
    marty
    Topics:

How will WV fraud to comedy when it was a clear cut 1 season limited series from the start of production?

FYC:

Best Director - Lee Isaac Chung (Minari), Darius Marder (Sound of Metal)

Lead Actor - Delroy Lindo (Da 5 Bloods), Mads Mikkelsen (Another Round), Riz Ahmed (Sound of Metal)

Supporting Actor - Paul Raci (Sound of Metal)

Supporting Actress - Youn Yuh-jung (Minari)

Profile picture
    Chris Beachum
    Topics:

WandaVision is confirmed for limited series.

Hacks is confirmed for this year’s Emmys (in comedy).

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Well, now those crazy what if theories of WandaVision can be put to rest
    It was getting tired.

Slotting Jean Smart in.

For Your Emmy Consideration:
    Matthew Rhys for "Perry Mason" | Ethan Hawke for "The Good Lord Bird", THE GOOD LORD BIRD in ALL CATEGORIES | Elizabeth Olsen and Kathryn Hahn for "Wandavision" | Tobias Menzies for "The Crown" | MJ Rodriguez for "Pose" | Jane Levy for "Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist"

Profile picture
    OneAndOnly
    Topics:

WandaVision is confirmed for limited series. Hacks is confirmed for this year’s Emmys (in comedy).

Could we add Hannah Einbinder for Hacks?

Have a great day if you see this!

FYC: Ted Lasso

Straight/BLM

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Another hurdle cleared for Hannah Waddingham’s deserved incoming Emmy win!

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

Billy Magnussen was fantastic in Made For Love. I actually liked him more than Millioti. If anyone from the show gets in, it’s her, but I will be rooting for him.

I wouldn’t shocked if HBO decided to do something for him, campaign-wise. Comedy Lead right now is a kinda a crapshot after Sudeikis, Douglas & Anderson.

Does HBO even have any other prominent male leads eligible this year?

Emmys FYC | Alan Tudyk in “Resident Alien” | Billie Piper in “I Hate Suzie” | Ego Nwodim in “Saturday Night Live” | Kaley Cuoco in “Harley Quinn” | “Dickinson” | “P-Valley” | “Pose” | “Superstore”

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Jean Smart is coming!

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 502 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Comedy Predictions (Part 4)’ is closed to new replies.