Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Comedy Predictions (Part 4)

Emmys 2021 Comedy Predictions (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 501 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
braydenfitzsi..
Victor
  • Profile picture
    Eden
    Topics:

Ted Lasso Season 2 will premiere in July 23.

Great winter run and a new season during voting period is pretty great for its Emmy chances.

First, it was Amazon, then PopTV and now Apple+ winning Comedy Series before Netflix. I kinda hope Netflix insisted in Master of None returning this season and give it a serious push.

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

First, it was Amazon, then PopTV and now Apple+ winning Comedy Series before Netflix.

And Amazon beat Netflix to a Prize with two different shows in back-to-back years.

Don’t forget Hulu also beating everybody to become the first streamer to win Series. And they did on their first try.

DowdHulu

(At this rate I’m low-key wanting WandaVision / Mandalorian to win just to **** with Netflix even more)

Emmys FYC | Alan Tudyk in “Resident Alien” | Billie Piper in “I Hate Suzie” | Ego Nwodim in “Saturday Night Live” | Kaley Cuoco in “Harley Quinn” | “Dickinson” | “P-Valley” | “Pose” | “Superstore”

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Ted Lasso Season 2 will premiere in July 23.

Coming to sweep SAG à la The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel!

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    Melvinezq
    Topics:

Coming to sweep SAG à la The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel!

Unless Midge and her companions come back stronger than ever.

BTW, this is Ted Lasso‘s season 2 teaser.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Actually now you mention it SAG will be interesting. Maisel is such a SAG darling but SAG has tended more and more recently to playing catch up with Emmy sweepers.

It will be interesting to see. I don’t mind if either of those shows win though because I love them both (although if Russian Doll season 2 is as good as the first I’ll probably be rooting for that)!

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Great winter run and a new season during voting period is pretty great for its Emmy chances.

First, it was Amazon, then PopTV and now Apple+ winning Comedy Series before Netflix. I kinda hope Netflix insisted in Master of None returning this season and give it a serious push.

Master of None is (probably) not winning this year.
    It would have to create enormous buzz and acclaim to stop Ted Lasso’s momentum.
    They might as well leave for next season and do a great run of campaign.

For Your Emmy Consideration:
    Matthew Rhys for "Perry Mason" | Ethan Hawke for "The Good Lord Bird", THE GOOD LORD BIRD in ALL CATEGORIES | Elizabeth Olsen and Kathryn Hahn for "Wandavision" | Tobias Menzies for "The Crown" | MJ Rodriguez for "Pose" | Jane Levy for "Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist"

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

They might as well leave for next season and do a great run of campaign.

It won’t help them that they’ll then be up against BarryRussian DollMaisel, What We Do in the Shadows and The Great amongst others.

Profile picture
    puck05
    Topics:

Master of None is (probably) not winning this year. It would have to create enormous buzz and acclaim to stop Ted Lasso’s momentum.

Ted Lasso is the frontrunner but its buzz level is not so strong compared to former frontrunners. It’s not impossible for Master of None to overcome Ted Lasso.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Ted Lasso is the frontrunner but its buzz level is not so strong compared to former frontrunners. It’s not impossible for Master of None to overcome Ted Lasso.

It’s not
    But it’s very difficult with so little time to create buzz for itself while Ted Lasso already has a buzz coming since August.

Matthew Rhys for "Perry Mason" | Ethan Hawke for "The Good Lord Bird", THE GOOD LORD BIRD in ALL CATEGORIES | Elizabeth Olsen and Kathryn Hahn for "Wandavision" | Tobias Menzies for "The Crown" | MJ Rodriguez for "Pose" | Jane Levy for "Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist"

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

First, it was Amazon, then PopTV and now Apple+ winning Comedy Series before Netflix.

How many of Netflix’s comedies are worthy though?

Admittedly I’ve never seen Master of None or Orange is the New Black, I couldn’t stand The Kominsky Method and I have only seen the first season of Dead to Me but out of those nominated for Comedy Series I’ve only found Russian Doll to be worthier than the actual series winner. GLOW season 1 was great but I don’t know if I’d award it personally over Maisel s1 or Atlanta s2 and both Grace and Frankie and Sex Education are win worthy but obviously they’ve never been nominated for series.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

GLOW deserved for sure the top prize for all of the 3 seasons.
    Still pissed we won’t have a final season.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Betty Gilpin should have won at least once.

Profile picture
    puck05
    Topics:

Admittedly I’ve never seen Master of None or Orange is the New Black

You have a lot of watching to do! Both of them are some of the best shows of all time.

Profile picture
    Chloe Sevigny stan <3
    Topics:

Please tell me I’m not the only one who does not like Ted Lasso lol

Emmy FYC!!: Chloe Sevigny (We Are Who We Are), MJ Rodriguez (Pose), Billy Porter (Pose), Emma Corrin (The Crown), Elisabeth Moss (The Handmaid’s Tale), Maya Erskine (Pen15), Anna Konkle (Pen15), Naomi Ackie (Master of None), Thuso Mbedu (The Underground Railroad), Kate Winslet (Mare of Easttown), Michaela Coel (I May Destroy You)

Profile picture
    TheCriticsChoice
    Topics:

Please tell me I’m not the only one who does not like Ted Lasso lol

I didn’t dislike but didn’t really like it. For a comedy I didn’t laugh even once but I did enjoy the dramatic moments and the acting from the cast is really great but I didn’t find it that humorous especially from the main character of Lasso.

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 501 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Comedy Predictions (Part 4)’ is closed to new replies.