Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Comedy Predictions (Part 4)

Emmys 2021 Comedy Predictions (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 502 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 week ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
braydenfitzsi..
Victor
  • Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

Please tell me I’m not the only one who does not like Ted Lasso lol

I only really liked Hannah Waddingham and appreciated Jason Sudeikis and Juno Temple but was meh on the rest. Especially the other characters that were so bland. It would be disgraceful if the show really gets 4 supporting actors in because none of them deserve for such mediocre performances. The writing of certain storylines was also bad, tbh.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I feel like every year my favourite comedy season loses (apart from when Maisel season 1 won although it was a close call in my personal awards between it and Atlanta season 2). Last year with Sex Education getting snubbed and The Good Place walking home with nothing, the year before with Russian Doll walking home with nothing and now this year with Pen15 walking home with nothing.

I do like Ted Lasso though so I won’t complain but I don’t like the idea of one show winning everything possible (unless I really really think they’re undeniable). It was bad enough when Phoebe Waller-Bridge won Comedy Actress over Julia Louis-Dreyfus and Natasha Lyonne and I actually liked Fleabag.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    TVFan365
    Topics:

Ted Lasso going with the Mad Men approach airing their next season, in the middle of Emmy voting. Smart.

Profile picture
    TVFan365
    Topics:

none of them deserve for such mediocre performances.

Disagreed. Nick Mohammed is hilarious.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I thought Jeremy Swift was great. Didn’t think much about any of the supporting actors though.

Hannah Waddingham and Juno Temple were phenomenal though and I did like Sudeikis (which is funny because I couldn’t stand him before watching Lasso)!

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    TVFan365
    Topics:

Admittedly I’ve never seen Master of None

I think Master of None is excellent. Highly recommend.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Sudeikis

He is so different here, i love his performance, i think it’s the writing.
    His presence on SNL was so boring.

For Your Emmy Consideration:
    Matthew Rhys for "Perry Mason" as Leading Actor in a Drama Series
    Ethan Hawke for "The Good Lord Bird" as Leading Actor in a Limited Series, THE GOOD LORD BIRD in ALL CATEGORIES.
    Elizabeth Olsen and Kathryn Hahn for "Wandavision" as Leading and Supporting actress in Limited Series
    Tobias Menzies for "The Crown" as Supporting Actor in a Drama Series.
    MJ Rodriguez for "Pose" as Leading Actress in a Drama Series.

Profile picture
    Chloe Sevigny stan <3
    Topics:

Disagreed. Nick Mohammed is hilarious.

His performance and character was actually my least favourite. There was just something so cringeworthy and disingenuous about him.

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

Netflix’s French social accounts confirming Master of None’s (and Special) returns this month. Assuming this confirms Sex Education will premiere in late summer.
    France Netflix

Emmys FYC | Alan Tudyk in “Resident Alien” | Billie Piper in “I Hate Suzie” | Ego Nwodim in “Saturday Night Live” | Kaley Cuoco in “Harley Quinn” | “Dickinson” | “P-Valley” | “Pose” | “Superstore”

Profile picture
    marcus_emn
    Topics:

I’m so happy it’s finally coming back. I hope it gets enough buzz to beat Ted Lasso

Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

To Netflix for tossing away Sex Education’s best chance to ever get Emmy nominations:

Sex Education

Emmys FYC: Maya Erskine in PEN15, Paapa Essiedu in I May Destroy You, Keeley Hawes in It's a Sin, Carl Lumbly in TFATWS, Cristin Milioti in Made for Love, Elizabeth Olsen in WandaVision, Billie Piper in I Hate Suzie, Hailee Steinfeld in Dickinson, William Zabka in Cobra Kai

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

The way Netflix will release Master of None on May 31 or something like that lol.

Profile picture
    puck05
    Topics:

I just removed Sex Education from my predictions.

Profile picture
    furbul
    Topics:

I kinda feel that Netflix will realease just half of Master of None season.

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

I kinda feel that Netflix will realease just half of Master of None season.

They should be doing that with Sex Education but I digress.

Emmys FYC | Alan Tudyk in “Resident Alien” | Billie Piper in “I Hate Suzie” | Ego Nwodim in “Saturday Night Live” | Kaley Cuoco in “Harley Quinn” | “Dickinson” | “P-Valley” | “Pose” | “Superstore”

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 502 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Comedy Predictions (Part 4)’ is closed to new replies.