Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Comedy Predictions (Part 4)

Emmys 2021 Comedy Predictions (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 501 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
braydenfitzsi..
Victor
  • Profile picture
    Chris Beachum
    Topics:

For Emmys predictions, we are removing “Sex Education” from all categories.

Profile picture
    furbul
    Topics:

They should be doing that with Sex Education but I digress.

They wouldn’t achieve much with just 4 episodes of SE, they need six.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Anderson, Butterfield, Gatwa, Lou Wood and Mackie aren’t ever going to get their deserved nominations for these performances are they? Laurie Nunn’s deserved writing win?

Sigh.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    Allan Veríssimo
    Topics:

That’s a shame. It was the biggest chance Sex Education could have had at the Emmy. Gillian Anderson with two nominations would have been wonderful.

FYC Emmys: Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist: Comedy Series, Comedy Actress (Jane Levy); Cobra Kai: Comedy Series; Dickinson: Comedy Actress (Hailee Steinfeld); The Good Doctor: Drama Actor (Freddie Highmore), Drama Supporting Actress (Paige Spara); His Dark Materials: Drama Supporting Actress (Ruth Wilson); Lovecraft Country: Drama Supporting Actress (Jamie Chung); WandaVision: Limited Series, Actress (Elizabeth Olsen), Actor (Paul Bettany), Supporting Actress (Kathryn Hahn).

Profile picture
    Chloe Sevigny stan <3
    Topics:

It’s so annoying that there are 8 spots available in the absolute wasteland that is comedy supporting actor, yet only 5 in limited lead actress where there’s easily double the amount of deserving performances.

Emmy FYC!!: Chloe Sevigny (We Are Who We Are), MJ Rodriguez (Pose), Billy Porter (Pose), Emma Corrin (The Crown), Elisabeth Moss (The Handmaid’s Tale), Maya Erskine (Pen15), Anna Konkle (Pen15), Naomi Ackie (Master of None), Thuso Mbedu (The Underground Railroad), Kate Winslet (Mare of Easttown), Michaela Coel (I May Destroy You)

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

Anderson, Butterfield, Gatwa, Lou Wood and Mackie aren’t ever going to get their deserved nominations for these performances are they? Laurie Nunn’s deserved writing win?

Sigh.

The BAFTAs better pull through.

Emmys FYC | Alan Tudyk in “Resident Alien” | Jennifer C. Holmes in “This Is Us” | Ego Nwodim in “Saturday Night Live” | Kaley Cuoco in “Harley Quinn” | “Dickinson” | “P-Valley” | “Pose” | “Superstore”

Profile picture
    Rich Landry
    Topics:

It doesn’t give an exact date but says it will be in May:

https://www.thewrap.com/master-of-none-season-3-to-premiere-in-may/

Profile picture
    Sir Shaw
    Topics:

So Gatwa & Anderson get replaced by… more SNL people? Sigh.

And with Butterfield now gone, Actor is becoming even more of a mess. Or more predictable and boring? Surely it just can’t be Sudeikis, Douglas, Anderson, Ansari, & Cobra Kai x2?

Dear Emmys Voters

Television has never been better and it’s a pandemic year.

Be bold, not boring.

Profile picture
    Allan Veríssimo
    Topics:

How I Met Your Father, the spin-off of How I Met Your Mother, will finally happen. Starring Hilary Duff. Season 1 will have 10 episodes and will be released at Hulu.

FYC Emmys: Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist: Comedy Series, Comedy Actress (Jane Levy); Cobra Kai: Comedy Series; Dickinson: Comedy Actress (Hailee Steinfeld); The Good Doctor: Drama Actor (Freddie Highmore), Drama Supporting Actress (Paige Spara); His Dark Materials: Drama Supporting Actress (Ruth Wilson); Lovecraft Country: Drama Supporting Actress (Jamie Chung); WandaVision: Limited Series, Actress (Elizabeth Olsen), Actor (Paul Bettany), Supporting Actress (Kathryn Hahn).

Profile picture
    orangestraw
    Topics:

So Gatwa & Anderson get replaced by… more SNL people? Sigh. And with Butterfield now gone, Actor is becoming even more of a mess. Or more predictable and boring? Surely it just can’t be Sudeikis, Douglas, Anderson, Ansari, & Cobra Kai x2?

I wonder if we could see Ed Helms here if Rutherfold Falls takes off, seeing as the pre-air reviews have been pretty good.

FYC:
    Ego Nwodim ("SNL"), Nico Santos ("Superstore"), Lolly Adefope ("Shrill"), MJ Rodriguez ("Pose"), Kate Winslet, Julianne Nicholson ("Mare of Easttown"), Punam Patel ("Special")

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

And with Butterfield now gone, Actor is becoming even more of a mess. Or more predictable and boring? Surely it just can’t be Sudeikis, Douglas, Anderson, Ansari, & Cobra Kai x2?

That does feel like the Actor lineup but I have Alan Tudyk in 7th and Ben Platt in 8th.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    Sir Shaw
    Topics:

How I Met Your Father, the spin-off of How I Met Your Mother, will finally happen. Starring Hilary Duff. Season 1 will have 10 episodes and will be released at Hulu.

Remember when this was supposed to be a Greta Gerwig vehicle.

Dear Emmys Voters

Be bold, not boring.

Profile picture
    Gaceru
    Topics:

“The title of the five-episode season is “Master of None Presents: Moments in Love,” and it’s believed to focus on Lena Waithe’s character, Denise.”

https://variety.com/2021/tv/news/master-of-none-netflix-season-3-aziz-ansari-1234943422/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

Not the season being focused on Lena Waithe when she is getting backlash for Them. Yikes.

Profile picture
    Sir Shaw
    Topics:

“The title of the five-episode season is “Master of None Presents: Moments in Love,” and it’s believed to focus on Lena Waithe’s character, Denise.” https://variety.com/2021/tv/news/master-of-none-netflix-season-3-aziz-ansari-1234943422/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

That title sounds like a miniseries.

Dear Emmys Voters

Be bold, not boring.

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 501 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Comedy Predictions (Part 4)’ is closed to new replies.