Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Comedy Predictions (Part 4)

Emmys 2021 Comedy Predictions (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 501 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
braydenfitzsi..
Victor
  • Profile picture
    Gaceru
    Topics:

If it’s less than 6 episodes, and is more a new show than a new season of Master of None (with a different name), can this be forced to compete in limited series?

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

That title sounds like a miniseries.

If it’s less than 6 episodes, and is more a new show than a new season of Master of None (with a different name), can this be forced to compete in limited series?

Another dropout?

Jesus, my Superstore hopediction is looking less “hopeful” and more “other contenders” with each passing day

Emmys FYC | Alan Tudyk in “Resident Alien” | Billie Piper in “I Hate Suzie” | Ego Nwodim in “Saturday Night Live” | Kaley Cuoco in “Harley Quinn” | “Dickinson” | “P-Valley” | “Pose” | “Superstore”

Profile picture
    Allan Veríssimo
    Topics:

The rules in Limited Series is that the current season cannot have characters from previous seasons. This forced American Horror Story: Apocalypse to compete in Drama.

FYC Emmys: Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist: Comedy Series, Comedy Actress (Jane Levy); Cobra Kai: Comedy Series; Dickinson: Comedy Actress (Hailee Steinfeld); The Good Doctor: Drama Actor (Freddie Highmore), Drama Supporting Actress (Paige Spara); His Dark Materials: Drama Supporting Actress (Ruth Wilson); Lovecraft Country: Drama Supporting Actress (Jamie Chung); WandaVision: Limited Series, Actress (Elizabeth Olsen), Actor (Paul Bettany), Supporting Actress (Kathryn Hahn).

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

“The title of the five-episode season is “Master of None Presents: Moments in Love,” and it’s believed to focus on Lena Waithe’s character, Denise.” https://variety.com/2021/tv/news/master-of-none-netflix-season-3-aziz-ansari-1234943422/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

I completely forgot about this:

During the show’s four-year absence, Ansari was embroiled in a knotty #MeToo accusation, which then in itself became controversial.

Ted Lasso and The Flight Attendant keep winning.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    Gaceru
    Topics:

The rules in Limited Series is that the current season cannot have characters from previous seasons. This forced American Horror Story: Apocalypse to compete in Drama.

Yes, but, maybe it’s considered an spin-off?

Profile picture
    TVFan365
    Topics:

Yeah but isn’t there a rule that a series has to have at least 6 episodes in order to compete in Comedy or Drama?

Profile picture
    mf617
    Topics:

RIP to “Sex Education” collecting its things. A “Master of None” season focused on Lena Waithe, who has herself been embroiled in controversy and pushback in the past few years and who (I feel like we need to openly address this) cannot act, does not sound like my cup of tea, and five episodes doesn’t sound like it meets the Emmys rules for competition in the series categories, but I’m sure someone will figure this one out and if it has already been added to the predictions center, maybe it has already been addressed. Then again, that description doesn’t really make it sound like Aziz Ansari is going to be the lead character of the season.

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

Yeah but isn’t there a rule that a series has to have at least 6 episodes in order to compete in Comedy or Drama?

Nope, 3+ episodes can be considered a series

Once a show is established as a series, if additional shortened seasons are added (fewer than six episodes), it would still be considered a series, unless it was limited to one or two episodes (which would categorize it as a movie and a limited or anthology series respectively).

Emmys FYC | Alan Tudyk in “Resident Alien” | Billie Piper in “I Hate Suzie” | Ego Nwodim in “Saturday Night Live” | Kaley Cuoco in “Harley Quinn” | “Dickinson” | “P-Valley” | “Pose” | “Superstore”

Profile picture
    marcus_emn
    Topics:

I’m so happy it’s finally coming back. I hope it gets enough buzz to beat Ted Lasso

I give up

Profile picture
    puck05
    Topics:

I completely forgot about this: During the show’s four-year absence, Ansari was embroiled in a knotty #MeToo accusation, which then in itself became controversial.

If you read the rest of the article or the review of his comedy special on the same website you’ll see the accusation made against him is kinda sketchy.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

I give up

Lol, haha
    I might as well drop Ansari for actor, they won’t campaign him if he won’t even show up as much are they?

Sex Ed would be so much better

For Your Emmy Consideration:
    Matthew Rhys for "Perry Mason" | Ethan Hawke for "The Good Lord Bird", THE GOOD LORD BIRD in ALL CATEGORIES | Elizabeth Olsen and Kathryn Hahn for "Wandavision" | Tobias Menzies for "The Crown" | MJ Rodriguez for "Pose" | Jane Levy for "Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist"

Profile picture
    Allan Veríssimo
    Topics:

So, maybe Ansari will be submitted as Supporting?

FYC Emmys: Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist: Comedy Series, Comedy Actress (Jane Levy); Cobra Kai: Comedy Series; Dickinson: Comedy Actress (Hailee Steinfeld); The Good Doctor: Drama Actor (Freddie Highmore), Drama Supporting Actress (Paige Spara); His Dark Materials: Drama Supporting Actress (Ruth Wilson); Lovecraft Country: Drama Supporting Actress (Jamie Chung); WandaVision: Limited Series, Actress (Elizabeth Olsen), Actor (Paul Bettany), Supporting Actress (Kathryn Hahn).

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

The more nominations for Pen15 the better!

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

So, maybe Ansari will be submitted as Supporting?

That’s my thoughts aswell. Possibly even guest depending on his screentime?

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

The more nominations for Pen15 the better!

As they should

For Your Emmy Consideration:
    Matthew Rhys for "Perry Mason" | Ethan Hawke for "The Good Lord Bird", THE GOOD LORD BIRD in ALL CATEGORIES | Elizabeth Olsen and Kathryn Hahn for "Wandavision" | Tobias Menzies for "The Crown" | MJ Rodriguez for "Pose" | Jane Levy for "Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist"

Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 501 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Comedy Predictions (Part 4)’ is closed to new replies.