Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Comedy Predictions (Part 4)

Emmys 2021 Comedy Predictions (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 248 total)
Created
2 weeks ago
Last Reply
24 mins ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
braydenfitzsi..
Victor
  • Profile picture
    Stank83
    Topics:

This new graphic is way more confusing and much worse.
    Goldderby Administrators, please go back to the previous one,

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

With the Oscars this year I disagreed with others this year that it was “the weakest field in history” and argued that a lot of the films in contention were nomination and win worthy and that some were better than those that had been nominated in previous years. With the Drama category this year whilst it is a more barren field with two of my favourites last year (Succession and Ozark) both taking the season off, I still find it a field that is full of incredibly worthy shows and performances (and I’m not necessarily talking about The Crown which is one of my favourites and was one of my favourites last year).

But my god this comedy field is weak. Perhaps one could argue it’s because I’ve seen less comedies this year but I have seen around 6 that are eligible for the Emmys and I only find three of them nomination worthy.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    ClairesCrown
    Topics:

I sort of got the message comedy was weak as soon as I knew the flight attendant was competitive

FYC EMMYS: THE CROWN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. OLIVIA COLMAN - D. ACTRESS & HBC - D. SUPP. ACTRESS) & IT’S A SIN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. LYDIA WEST - LIM. ACTRESS & KEELEY HAWES - LIM. SUPP. ACTRESS) & I MAY DESTROY YOU IN ALL CATEGORIES

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    orangestraw
    Topics:

I’ve laughed a lot at The Flight Attendant and I think it deserves its place in comedy, but now I’m only one episode from the end, the only supporting performance I think is nom-worthy is Zosia Mamet. And I sense it’s one of those shows that’s likely going to take a dive in quality in its sophomore year.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Tyler
    Topics:
    JV
    Topics:

I slotted Jamie Foxx in for no reason. Dad Stop Embarassing Me will be released on Netflix so it won’t have visibility problems. He is Jamie Foxx and the field is weak. Why not ?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Riley Chow
    Topics:

This new graphic is way more confusing and much worse. Goldderby Administrators, please go back to the previous one,

Sorry, what graphic are we talking about?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    ahmad769
    Topics:

Michael schur’s new comedy series “Rutherford falls” premieres on peacock April 22nd. I’m predicting ed helms to get in for lead actor.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Could we be underestimating Frank of Ireland? I know the idea of Domnhnall Gleeson mid-season freshman comedy sounds familiar but with Truth Seekers being a flop it’s practically Amazon’s only comedy push this season. And with Sharon Horgan (Catastrophe) on board as a producer it does have an interesting pedigree.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Beastialg
    Topics:

I thought Nasim Pedrad was great on Chad’s pilot. I laughed a few times and she is great with the character. She would be a great nominee.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I’m wondering why the IMDB score for Chad is so low? Is it because of some racist trolls?

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10338160/

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

I’m wondering why the IMDB score for Chad is so low? Is it because of some racist trolls?

Movies/Shows like this always get panned in these places. What bothers me the most is that Rotten, Metacritic and IMDB don’t give a sh*t about trying to solve this.

Just look at the Rotten scores for Never Rarely Sometimes Always, The Assistant, Unpregnant, etc

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Movies/Shows like this always get panned in these places. What bothers me the most is that Rotten, Metacritic and IMDB don’t give a sh*t about trying to solve this. Just look at the Rotten scores for Never Rarely Sometimes Always, The Assistant, Unpregnant, etc

Ah ok.

It’s actually quite surprising how I May Destroy You managed to avoid being troll bombed on IMDB.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Topics:

I’m wondering why the IMDB score for Chad is so low? Is it because of some racist trolls?

Most of the 1-star are review bombs from when the first trailer 2 weeks, all in the vein of “what perverts would do this to 14 year old”.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Allan Veríssimo
    Topics:
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 248 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.