Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Comedy Predictions (Part 4)

Emmys 2021 Comedy Predictions (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 501 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
braydenfitzsi..
Victor
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Craig Gillespie 

OMG I am excited by this show even more. I loved Gillespie’s work on I, Tonya!

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

LOL Weeks ago I slotted Pete Davidson in when he was 100/1 because he has a lot of buzz right now (Suicide Squad, even though he will be only in a few minutes in it and he will play Joey Ramone in a Netflix biopic) and because the field is weak, and I dropped soon because I thought the fact that no one was predicting him wasn’t a good sign.

And now I realize that he’s not 100/1 anymore and people are randomly predicting him.
    I don’t watch SNL. Does he has a chance of being nominated ?

Profile picture
    mf617
    Topics:

LOL Weeks ago I slotted Pete Davidson in when he was 100/1 because he has a lot of buzz right now (Suicide Squad, even though he will be only in a few minutes in it and he will play Joey Ramone in a Netflix biopic) and because the field is weak, and I dropped soon because I thought the fact that no one was predicting him wasn’t a good sign.

And now I realize that he’s not 100/1 anymore and people are randomly predicting him.

No but the field is empty and he is a big name on a show that will likely see more cast members getting nominated with the wide-open field. I actually think he was sorta missing in the beginning of the season if I’m remembering correctly, but he’s arguably the show’s biggest star.

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

Same, I swapped him out a few weeks back for a hopediction in Nico Santos, lol.

Editor Joyce Eng has him in 8th so that’s probably what caused the odds to decrease to 66/1.

He’s never been great outside of weekend update deferments (and was constantly breaking character to the point where he played “man who laughs in background” in the season premiere), he is centre in the two of the most viral sketches of the season – “Stu” and “Rap Roundtable” (AKA Yeet) (ironically both as a rap songs).

Emmys FYC | Alan Tudyk in “Resident Alien” | Billie Piper in “I Hate Suzie” | Ego Nwodim in “Saturday Night Live” | Kaley Cuoco in “Harley Quinn” | “Dickinson” | “P-Valley” | “Pose” | “Superstore”

Profile picture
    OneAndOnly
    Topics:

Hacks trailer.

Have a great day if you see this!

FYC: Ted Lasso

Straight/BLM

Profile picture
    mf617
    Topics:

I don’t like to be too reactive off one trailer, but yeah…. Jean Smart could win for this.

Profile picture
    furbul
    Topics:

OK, this is a very easy nomination for Jean Smart.

Profile picture
    David Buchanan
    Topics:

Yeah, I just slotted her in first ahead of Cuoco. This is coming out at the exact right time for the Emmy season. This could easily be a winning role for Smart, and I think her two quasi-surprising losses for Fargo and Watchmen actually help her now since she doesn’t feel over-rewarded.

Formerly known as PianoMann.

Profile picture
    Jays
    Topics:

Hacks looks surprisingly good (and funny). Smart looks great, as usual. I think I’ll still be pulling for Cuoco though.

Profile picture
    Pranshu
    Topics:

Jean Smart is here to shake things up & might I say, Hannah Einbinder seems like a strong supporting contender too, judging off the trailer. Looking forward to this show!

FYC: "The Crown", "Ted Lasso", "Pen15" & "Pose" in all categories.
    Emma Corrin ("The Crown"), Maya Erskine ("Pen15"), John Early ("Search Party"), America Ferrera ("Superstore"), Justin Hartley ("This Is Us"), Ben Platt ("The Politician"), Jennifer C. Holmes ("This Is Us") & Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie").

Profile picture
    Allan Veríssimo
    Topics:

Bafta Nominations:

Sex Education – Female Perfomance (Aimee Lou Wood and Emma Mackey), Male Perfomance (Ncuti Gatwa), Production Design, Scripted Casting

Breeders – Female Perfomance (Daisy Haggard)

FYC Emmys: Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist: Comedy Series, Comedy Actress (Jane Levy); Cobra Kai: Comedy Series; Dickinson: Comedy Actress (Hailee Steinfeld); The Good Doctor: Drama Actor (Freddie Highmore), Drama Supporting Actress (Paige Spara); His Dark Materials: Drama Supporting Actress (Ruth Wilson); Lovecraft Country: Drama Supporting Actress (Jamie Chung); WandaVision: Limited Series, Actress (Elizabeth Olsen), Actor (Paul Bettany), Supporting Actress (Kathryn Hahn).

Profile picture
    orangestraw
    Topics:

I’m getting a bit of a Late Night vibe from this (as in the film with Mindy Kaling and Emma Thompson) – no bad thing.

Jean Smart booked and busy between this and Mare of Easttown, in two completely different roles. A queen.

FYC:
    Ego Nwodim ("SNL"), Nico Santos ("Superstore"), Lolly Adefope ("Shrill"), MJ Rodriguez ("Pose"), Kate Winslet, Julianne Nicholson ("Mare of Easttown"), Punam Patel ("Special")

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

Kaley has an overdue narrative too.

But between Smart and Lena Waithe, this category seems kinda “locked” with Cuoco, Smart, Waithe, Ellis Ross, and two spots up in the air that could go to the PEN15 girls/Jane Levy.

Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

Can we please get Naomi Ackie and Hannah Einbinder in for supporting actress?

Emmys FYC: Maya Erskine in PEN15, Paapa Essiedu in I May Destroy You, Keeley Hawes in It's a Sin, Carl Lumbly in TFATWS, Cristin Milioti in Made for Love, Elizabeth Olsen in WandaVision, Billie Piper in I Hate Suzie, Hailee Steinfeld in Dickinson, William Zabka in Cobra Kai

Profile picture
    marty
    Topics:

Kaley has an overdue narrative too.

No she doesn’t

FYC:

Best Director - Lee Isaac Chung (Minari), Darius Marder (Sound of Metal)

Lead Actor - Delroy Lindo (Da 5 Bloods), Mads Mikkelsen (Another Round), Riz Ahmed (Sound of Metal)

Supporting Actor - Paul Raci (Sound of Metal)

Supporting Actress - Youn Yuh-jung (Minari)

Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 501 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Comedy Predictions (Part 4)’ is closed to new replies.