Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Comedy Predictions (Part 4)

Emmys 2021 Comedy Predictions (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 501 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
braydenfitzsi..
Victor
  • Profile picture
    boss
    Topics:

but the writing seemed very formulaic and unfunny.

Exactly, it was like the premise of a movie rather than a series.

Profile picture
    TheCineMike
    Topics:

I’ve really been looking forward to Hacks and am super optimistic about Jean Smart’s chances… but was anyone else really underwhelmed by that trailer? Obviously Smart seemed great, but the writing seemed very formulaic and unfunny. I do hope I’m wrong but what I’ve seen so far doesn’t inspire much confidence.

I also felt underwhelmed by the trailer. I didn’t laugh in the moments that I think we should be laughing.

https://thecinemike.wordpress.com/
    Twitter: @TheCineMike

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

What? It exactly means that. That fact that a show won 2/2 definetely can mean it will *probably* win again.

Saying a show “will probably win again” is different to saying “could probably win again”. The verb “will” is a definitive, “could” suggests a possibility.

I don’t disagree that Master of None *could* win Writing but it’s absolutely delusional to rule out Ted Lasso as the user just did when they said Master of None will probably win”. Lasso won the WGA award and is the series frontrunner and we’ve seen writing + directing match up whether it’s Schitt’s Creek and Succession last year, Fleabag the year before…

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Kaley has an overdue narrative too. But between Smart and Lena Waithe, this category seems kinda “locked” with Cuoco, Smart, Waithe, Ellis Ross, and two spots up in the air that could go to the PEN15 girls/Jane Levy.

Lena Waithe can be a top contender but she is not locked. Neither is Jean Smart yet for that matter. We don’t have reviews for either of these shows.

Although unless Master of None flops I’m starting to lean towards a lineup of Cuoco, Ellis Ross, Smart and Waithe with the last spot being between Erskine, Levy, Shawkat and Thede (I cannot see how Anna Konkle makes it in ahead of Erskine unless we have six slots or Master of None flops).

Milioti is the Wever of this year.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    TheCriticsChoice
    Topics:

Seeing lots of Supporting Actor spots taken up by the Ted Lasso crew (which makes sense) but I wonder if someone like Martin Kove could sneak in? He’s been in the industry a long time and plays a really intriguing character (they explored his trauma from the Vietnam war this season).

Profile picture
    DanC
    Topics:

Seeing lots of Supporting Actor spots taken up by the Ted Lasso crew (which makes sense) but I wonder if someone like Martin Kove could sneak in? He’s been in the industry a long time and plays a really intriguing character (they explored his trauma from the Vietnam war this season).

I was legitimately thinking the same thing. I honestly think he’s more likely than Newell, Romano or Fishburne.

Profile picture
    AayaanUpadhyaya
    Topics:

I also felt quite underwhelmed by the trailer for Hacks tbh

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

I’ve really been looking forward to Hacks and am super optimistic about Jean Smart’s chances… but was anyone else really underwhelmed by that trailer? Obviously Smart seemed great, but the writing seemed very formulaic and unfunny. I do hope I’m wrong but what I’ve seen so far doesn’t inspire much confidence.

Yeap, same feeling
    I still think Cuoco has it in the bag, but it’s fun seeing a race forming anywhere at this point, since Drama and Limited are pretty much 90% sealed

For Your Emmy Consideration:
    Matthew Rhys for "Perry Mason" | Ethan Hawke for "The Good Lord Bird", THE GOOD LORD BIRD in ALL CATEGORIES | Elizabeth Olsen and Kathryn Hahn for "Wandavision" | Tobias Menzies for "The Crown" | MJ Rodriguez for "Pose" | Jane Levy for "Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist"

Profile picture
    TheCineMike
    Topics:

I’m with you on that. I am actually predicting Martin Kove to get a nomination.

https://thecinemike.wordpress.com/
    Twitter: @TheCineMike

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Am I the only one who thinks Brett Goldstein is the least likely of the Lasso supporting actors to get in? He has the biggest arc but it’s not a performance I’ve seen anyone really take passion from and his character isn’t one that has instant recognition on the ballot (i.e. Mohammed and Swift play very distinctive comedic characters, Brendan Hunt will be credited as “Coach Beard” and thus has instant name recognition to anyone who has seen the show).

I mean there’s a reason why people see T.R. Knight as having less of a chance than Michiel Huisman no? I can see Goldstein making it in (and I do have him in my predictions) but I am perplexed as to why he’s as high as third or so far ahead of the other supporting actors in the prediction centre.

Profile picture
    24fanatic
    Topics:

Right now I think there are too many supporting men being predicted to get in for Ted Lasso (including by me). More than likely voters will rally around one of them (maybe two) for a nom.

SNL probably has the better shot at scoring the most Supporting Actor noms.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Between the men from Ted Lasso and the men from SNL, i just want Tony Shalhoub back

For Your Emmy Consideration:
    Matthew Rhys for "Perry Mason" | Ethan Hawke for "The Good Lord Bird", THE GOOD LORD BIRD in ALL CATEGORIES | Elizabeth Olsen and Kathryn Hahn for "Wandavision" | Tobias Menzies for "The Crown" | MJ Rodriguez for "Pose" | Jane Levy for "Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist"

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

Can’t speak for others, but the only reason I’m predicting all 4 supporting actors from Ted Lasso is because the chances of getting 1, 2 or 3 of them right is higher. We don’t know what’s going on the voters mind.

I think Nick Mohammed is getting nominated. That scene where he speaks the “ugly truth” to the players was one of the highlights of the season. And I personally would give him the win.

Profile picture
    Pranshu
    Topics:

The Kominsky Method, Season 3 Trailer.

FYC: "The Crown", "Ted Lasso", "Pen15" & "Pose" in all categories.
    Emma Corrin ("The Crown"), Maya Erskine ("Pen15"), John Early ("Search Party"), America Ferrera ("Superstore"), Justin Hartley ("This Is Us"), Ben Platt ("The Politician"), Jennifer C. Holmes ("This Is Us") & Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie").

Profile picture
    Riley Chow
    Topics:

Got half the season of Kevin Can Asterisks Himself already, ahead of the June 13 premiere.  Embargo lifts June 7.

Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 501 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Comedy Predictions (Part 4)’ is closed to new replies.