Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Comedy Predictions (Part 4)

Emmys 2021 Comedy Predictions (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 501 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
braydenfitzsi..
Victor
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

The Kominsky Method, Season 3 Trailer.

Glad I got my 100/1 odds on Kathleen Turner and Paul Reiser!

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    Allan Veríssimo
    Topics:

I don’t understand AMC not having released Kevin Can F *** Himself in time for this Emmy. Unless they are not confident of the chances of this series at the awards.

FYC Emmys: Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist: Comedy Series, Comedy Actress (Jane Levy); Cobra Kai: Comedy Series; Dickinson: Comedy Actress (Hailee Steinfeld); The Good Doctor: Drama Actor (Freddie Highmore), Drama Supporting Actress (Paige Spara); His Dark Materials: Drama Supporting Actress (Ruth Wilson); Lovecraft Country: Drama Supporting Actress (Jamie Chung); WandaVision: Limited Series, Actress (Elizabeth Olsen), Actor (Paul Bettany), Supporting Actress (Kathryn Hahn).

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

The way Annie Murphy could have gotten an easy Emmy nomination this year if it’s any good. Ah well missed opportunity lol.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    Kafka_Gyllenhaal
    Topics:

The Kominsky Method, Season 3 Trailer.

I was so ecstatic when I saw there was a trailer… was not expecting how it began. Guess it’s a pretty good comedy series trailer if it makes my jaw drop.

FYC: Minari for Everything

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I wonder Johnny Galecki feels watching how Jim Parsons is a massive star, Kaley Cuoco is a top contender for an Emmy and getting lots of role offers, Kunal Nayyar is a top contender for a dramatic BAFTA this year, Mayim Bialik has her own network vehicle and Simon Helberg is in a prestigious French director’s next Cannes premiere with Marion Cotillard and Adam Driver.

Profile picture
    Chloe Sevigny stan <3
    Topics:

I wonder Johnny Galecki feels watching how Jim Parsons is a massive star, Kaley Cuoco is a top contender for an Emmy and getting lots of role offers, Kunal Nayyar is a top contender for a dramatic BAFTA this year, Mayim Bialik has her own network vehicle and Simon Helberg is in a prestigious French director’s next Cannes premiere with Marion Cotillard and Adam Driver.

the way you just came for his neck lmao

Emmy FYC!!: Chloe Sevigny (We Are Who We Are), MJ Rodriguez (Pose), Billy Porter (Pose), Emma Corrin (The Crown), Elisabeth Moss (The Handmaid’s Tale), Maya Erskine (Pen15), Anna Konkle (Pen15), Naomi Ackie (Master of None), Thuso Mbedu (The Underground Railroad), Kate Winslet (Mare of Easttown), Michaela Coel (I May Destroy You)

Profile picture
    William Gillquist
    Topics:

I don’t like The Big Bang Theory, but man, you got me feeling bad for Johnny Galecki.

FYC Emmys: Ted Lasso (all categories), Wandavision (all categories), The Mandalorian (Best Drama Series), Danny Pudi (Mythic Quest), Maya Erksine (Pen15), Michaela Coel (I May Destroy You), Alan Tudyk (Resident Alien), Antony Starr (The Boys), Daniel Brühl (The Falcon and the Winter Soldier), Ethan Hawke (The Good Lord Bird), Invincible (Animated Program)

Profile picture
    puck05
    Topics:

I wonder Johnny Galecki feels

Probably resting with the millions he earned from each episode.

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

Crying over cocktails with Melissa Raunch

Emmys FYC | Alan Tudyk in “Resident Alien” | Billie Piper in “I Hate Suzie” | Ego Nwodim in “Saturday Night Live” | Kaley Cuoco in “Harley Quinn” | “Dickinson” | “P-Valley” | “Pose” | “Superstore”

Profile picture
    Skyler Lindquist
    Topics:

Elisabeth Shue in guest seems like a no-brainer, right? If I were to predict only one nomination for Cobra Kai outside the technical categories, it would be for her.

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

I’d also be confident in picking Yuji Okumoto and Tamlyn Tomita in Guest as well.

Like Shue, they reprised their roles from the film series, Okumoto’s appearances are among the most overtly comedic of the series whilst Tomita’s is the beating heart of her episode.

Emmys FYC | Alan Tudyk in “Resident Alien” | Billie Piper in “I Hate Suzie” | Ego Nwodim in “Saturday Night Live” | Kaley Cuoco in “Harley Quinn” | “Dickinson” | “P-Valley” | “Pose” | “Superstore”

Profile picture
    ClairesCrown
    Topics:

What’s the latest on which category The Flight Attendant will be placed in? Sort of hoping for drama so comedy actress is more exciting.

FYC EMMYS: THE CROWN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. OLIVIA COLMAN - D. ACTRESS & HBC - D. SUPP. ACTRESS) & IT’S A SIN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. LYDIA WEST - LIM. ACTRESS & KEELEY HAWES - LIM. SUPP. ACTRESS) & I MAY DESTROY YOU IN ALL CATEGORIES

Profile picture
    ClairesCrown
    Topics:

The way Annie Murphy could have gotten an easy Emmy nomination this year if it’s any good. Ah well missed opportunity lol.

Honestly if the show is any good it seems to be a performance the EMMYs would get drawn to especially since we know they already like Murphy herself. Could’ve been competition for Cuoco.

FYC EMMYS: THE CROWN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. OLIVIA COLMAN - D. ACTRESS & HBC - D. SUPP. ACTRESS) & IT’S A SIN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. LYDIA WEST - LIM. ACTRESS & KEELEY HAWES - LIM. SUPP. ACTRESS) & I MAY DESTROY YOU IN ALL CATEGORIES

Profile picture
    Allan Veríssimo
    Topics:

Young Rock and Kenan renewed.

FYC Emmys: Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist: Comedy Series, Comedy Actress (Jane Levy); Cobra Kai: Comedy Series; Dickinson: Comedy Actress (Hailee Steinfeld); The Good Doctor: Drama Actor (Freddie Highmore), Drama Supporting Actress (Paige Spara); His Dark Materials: Drama Supporting Actress (Ruth Wilson); Lovecraft Country: Drama Supporting Actress (Jamie Chung); WandaVision: Limited Series, Actress (Elizabeth Olsen), Actor (Paul Bettany), Supporting Actress (Kathryn Hahn).

Profile picture
    dawn21
    Topics:

Elisabeth Shue in guest seems like a no-brainer, right? If I were to predict only one nomination for Cobra Kai outside the technical categories, it would be for her.

I would like to see a nomination for William Zabka more than anyone else from Cobra Kai. But I have a feeling if he didn’t get one for season 2 – where he had a lot of great dramatic scenes on top of the comedic ones – he won’t make it for season 3 either.
    I’m truly surprised that Macchio is ahead of him in the predictions. On Twitter/Facebook tons of people predicted/wanted Emmy for Zabka, much-much less for Macchio (and those are people who actually watched the show). The reviews were also usually more favourable to Zabka.
    It’ll be interesting to see if any of them makes the cut.

Fun fact: William has an Oscar nomination for writing/producing a short film in 2004.

Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 501 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Comedy Predictions (Part 4)’ is closed to new replies.