Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Comedy Predictions (Part 4)

Emmys 2021 Comedy Predictions (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 501 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
braydenfitzsi..
Victor
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

My guess is that the Master of None spin off will get Euphoria’d

How?

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    marcus_emn
    Topics:

I think The Great and TFA make more sense. If I had to guess something that haven’t been said yet, maybe the final episodes of season 2 of PEN15?

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

How?

I was talking about the Special, but it wasn’t the best example.

My guess is that the Master of None spin off will be pulled to Limited Series.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Riley has moved Jean Smart to the bottom of his Actress predictions…

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    OneAndOnly
    Topics:

From someone who saw Hacks..

I watched this all last weekend. It’s ok. Smart is good but the material is shockingly sub-par. It’s CBS-level jokes with f-words.

Have a great day if you see this!

FYC: Ted Lasso

Straight/BLM

Profile picture
    William Gillquist
    Topics:

Guess it’s time to move up Mythic Quest in my predictions.

FYC Emmys: Ted Lasso (all categories), Wandavision (all categories), The Mandalorian (Best Drama Series), Danny Pudi (Mythic Quest), Maya Erksine (Pen15), Michaela Coel (I May Destroy You), Alan Tudyk (Resident Alien), Antony Starr (The Boys), Daniel Brühl (The Falcon and the Winter Soldier), Ethan Hawke (The Good Lord Bird), Invincible (Animated Program)

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

What if the shakeup is Apple bumping Hannah Waddingham to lead?

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

What if the shakeup is Apple bumping Hannah Waddingham to lead?

Apple saw what Schitt’s Creek did and said, “yes, we want that”.

Emmys FYC | Alan Tudyk in “Resident Alien” | Billie Piper in “I Hate Suzie” | Ego Nwodim in “Saturday Night Live” | Kaley Cuoco in “Harley Quinn” | “Dickinson” | “P-Valley” | “Pose” | “Superstore”

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

It probably won’t be it but I hope the shakeup is I Hate Suzie moving to comedy at the Emmys purely so I can keep hope that all of my top four favourite performances of this season have a chance at getting nominated.

It already stings that Peet has no chance.

Profile picture
    Tyler
    Topics:

Its definitely not anything relating to I Hate Suzie, Riley has pointed out that show is dead a few times. I also feel like when shows switch genres that’s not something that’s kept under wraps, so I think we’re actually getting a new show releasing.

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

I doubt an animated show would shake up the race.

I don’t either but I think there’s a case to be made for Big Mouth.

It just performed better than it ever did at the Emmys last year, has been building in it’s guild run this past winter (won the Annie for the first time, won the CAS, got nominated at ACE for first time) and Netflix seems to pushing it for Writing nom base on their campaigning so far (only submitting one episode to Writing this year as opposed to the usual 2-3, in addition to it being only of three scripted shows tagged under “WRITING” on their FYSEE site alongside The Crown & TQG)

Do I think if it’s submitted to Comedy Series it’ll be nominated? No. Would I place it any lower 12th? No.

Emmys FYC | Alan Tudyk in “Resident Alien” | Billie Piper in “I Hate Suzie” | Ego Nwodim in “Saturday Night Live” | Kaley Cuoco in “Harley Quinn” | “Dickinson” | “P-Valley” | “Pose” | “Superstore”

Profile picture
    TheCriticsChoice
    Topics:

On the Verge (Netflix) starring Julie Delpy (who wrote the scripts as well) and Elisabeth Shue wrapped at the beginning of November, could Netflix be adding this show to their May schedule? It’s a comedy.

Profile picture
    puck05
    Topics:

On the Verge (Netflix) starring Julie Delpy (who wrote the scripts as well) and Elisabeth Shue wrapped at the beginning of November, could Netflix be adding this show to their May schedule? It’s a comedy.

Julie Delpy said the show will be released this fall.

Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

If Waddingham is moved to lead, I think Temple is actually very likely winning supporting.

Emmys FYC: Maya Erskine in PEN15, Paapa Essiedu in I May Destroy You, Keeley Hawes in It's a Sin, Carl Lumbly in TFATWS, Cristin Milioti in Made for Love, Elizabeth Olsen in WandaVision, Billie Piper in I Hate Suzie, Hailee Steinfeld in Dickinson, William Zabka in Cobra Kai

Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

Apparently PEN15 only had one episode of the remaining half of the season to film before COVID shut down their production. I’m guessing they’ve finished production and Hulu will be dropping the second half of the season late this month. This would probably give them a much better edge to win Writing, assuming that Erskine and Konkle co-wrote an episode and they’ll be submitting one instead of two.

Emmys FYC: Maya Erskine in PEN15, Paapa Essiedu in I May Destroy You, Keeley Hawes in It's a Sin, Carl Lumbly in TFATWS, Cristin Milioti in Made for Love, Elizabeth Olsen in WandaVision, Billie Piper in I Hate Suzie, Hailee Steinfeld in Dickinson, William Zabka in Cobra Kai

Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 501 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Comedy Predictions (Part 4)’ is closed to new replies.