Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Comedy Predictions (Part 4)

Emmys 2021 Comedy Predictions (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 501 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
braydenfitzsi..
Victor
  • Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

If Waddingham is moved to lead, I think Temple is actually very likely winning supporting.

I don’t think so. She serves someone that doesn’t win to me.

Profile picture
    wilfredpickles
    Topics:

Here’s a theory: an animated show is submitting as a Comedy Series?

I thought that they changed the rules a few years ago so that once an animated show submits to Comedy/Drama it can never switch back to submitting for Animated Program? I’d love to see one get nominated but I don’t know if any distributor would risk it.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

I hope it isn’t Waddingham moving to lead
    Two SNL supportings winning is toO much for me

For Your Emmy Consideration:
    Matthew Rhys for "Perry Mason" | Ethan Hawke for "The Good Lord Bird", THE GOOD LORD BIRD in ALL CATEGORIES | Elizabeth Olsen and Kathryn Hahn for "Wandavision" | Tobias Menzies for "The Crown" | MJ Rodriguez for "Pose" | Jane Levy for "Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist"

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

If Waddingham is moved to lead, I think Temple is actually very likely winning supporting.

I think Naomi Ackie would win, depending on how the new Master of None season performs.

Profile picture
    ricardo505
    Topics:

Any chance of Disney changing their mind and WandaVision going comedy?

Profile picture
    OneAndOnly
    Topics:

Girls5Eva is getting okay/good reviews.

Have a great day if you see this!

FYC: Ted Lasso

Straight/BLM

Profile picture
    mf617
    Topics:

This Variety article says Michiel Huisman is being campaigned in Lead: https://t.co/v8kJ15BDp2

Profile picture
    theconstantdoppelganger
    Topics:

Girls5Eva is getting okay/good reviews.

From what I’ve seen, the reviews have been good to great, actually. High praise from THR, EW, TVLine, etc.

Is this the shake-up that Riley was talking about? A new contender?

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Could it be The Chair (starring Sandra Oh and Holland Taylor)?

Temple feels like the Marin Hinkle of Ted Lasso. It’s a good performance (that I personally even find worthy of the win) and she is a strong fan favourite but there ultimately isn’t enough passion for her to win.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

This Variety article says Michiel Huisman is being campaigned in Lead: https://t.co/v8kJ15BDp2

This is a good decision since Lead Actor is even emptier than Supporting Actor. I think Huisman could be nominated.

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

I don’t think he is going lead. He is credited after the supporting actresses (with just “actor”). I think they just forgot to write “supporting” before lol

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

https://variety.com/2021/tv/news/hbo-max-emmy-fyc-events-rose-bowl-drive-in-1234964329/

No Made for Love only reinforces how dead the show is Emmy wise.

The fact HBO are pushing for A Black Lady Sketch Show (which they didn’t do so much last year) is enough to tell me that Robin Thede is probably top 10 at this point lol.

Any chance of Disney changing their mind and WandaVision going comedy?

I doubt it. They’ve made it quite clear it’s a limited series and how the show is too “unconventional” to be considered for either comedy or drama.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    OneAndOnly
    Topics:

I was rewatching Ted Lasso, and am I the only one who thinks Phil Dunster could get in?

Have a great day if you see this!

FYC: Ted Lasso

Straight/BLM

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I was rewatching Ted Lasso, and am I the only one who thinks Phil Dunster could get in?

I doubt it.

IMO Phil Dunster is probably the only supporting actor from Ted Lasso who can’t get in. The privileged straight white male characterisation is one Emmy voters have tended to shy away from in supporting actor in shows with large ensembles in recent years. See Michael Zeagan missing for The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel or Vincent Kartheiser missing for Mad Men or even Matt Czuchry missing for The Good Wife even though he had strong audience and critical buzz for the sixth season.

Profile picture
    orangestraw
    Topics:

From what I’ve seen, the reviews have been good to great, actually. High praise from THR, EW, TVLine, etc. Is this the shake-up that Riley was talking about? A new contender?

I don’t think so as the release date was announced a few weeks back. I was assuming the shake-up to be a new show entirely.

The Busy Phillips Emmy campaign starts here. You can’t count out a Tina Fey show at the Emmys (ok, maybe Mr Mayor)

FYC:
    Ego Nwodim ("SNL"), Nico Santos ("Superstore"), Lolly Adefope ("Shrill"), MJ Rodriguez ("Pose"), Kate Winslet, Julianne Nicholson ("Mare of Easttown"), Punam Patel ("Special")

Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 501 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Comedy Predictions (Part 4)’ is closed to new replies.