Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Comedy Predictions (Part 4)

Emmys 2021 Comedy Predictions (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 502 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
2 weeks ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
braydenfitzsi..
Victor
  • Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

Assuming Rudolph ends up guest and Master of None makes eligibility. Assuming the latter will have some good guest stars cause I’m bored predicting ten SNL nominees lol.

I’m beginning to have a change of heart on the PEN15 ladies, but still not quite ready to put them in just yet (mostly cause I have 100/1 odds on Steinfeld and Milioti). Really unsure on Made for Love and Zoey’s, but still deciding how I want to replace.

SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE (13) – Thompson, Yang, Bryant, McKinnon, Strong, Chappelle, Kaluuya, Levy, Page, Adele, King, Rudolph, Wiig

TED LASSO (11) – Series, Sudeikis, Goldstein, Hunt, Mohammed, Temple, Waddingham, Writing, Directing x2, Head

MASTER OF NONE (7) – Series, Ansari, Ackie, Writing, Directing, TBA Guest Actor, TBA Guest Actress

COBRA KAI (5) – Series, Macchio, Zabka, Directing, Shue

THE FLIGHT ATTENDANT (5) – Series, Cuoco, Mamet, Directing x2

THE KOMINSKY METHOD (4) – Series, Douglas, Reiser, Directing

BLACK-ISH (3) – Series, Anderson, Ross

HACKS (3) – Series, Smart, Writing

PEN15 (3) – Series, Writing x2

DICKINSON (2) – Steinfeld, Writing

MADE FOR LOVE (2) – Milioti, Romano

ZOEY’S EXTRAORDINARY PLAYLIST (2) – Levy, Newell

SEARCH PARTY (1) – Writing

Emmys FYC: Maya Erskine in PEN15, Paapa Essiedu in I May Destroy You, Keeley Hawes in It's a Sin, Carl Lumbly in TFATWS, Cristin Milioti in Made for Love, Elizabeth Olsen in WandaVision, Billie Piper in I Hate Suzie, Hailee Steinfeld in Dickinson, William Zabka in Cobra Kai

Profile picture
    jjjmoss1
    Topics:

Out of curiosity, shows with multiple years of taking up more than a third of the slots in S Actress:
    Mary Tyler Moore 1972, 1973, 1974, 1976, 1977

Sex and the City 2002, 2003, 2004
    Rhoda 1975, 1976, 1978

SNL 2017, 2018
    Friends 2000, 2001
    Cheers 1990, 1991
    Bewitched 1966, 1968

Whew, Mary so powerful even spinoff Rhoda is up there.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Friends 2000, 2001

Who were those? Did Jennifer Aniston competed at Supporting? And i know Courteney Cox was never nominated.

For Your Emmy Consideration:
    Matthew Rhys for "Perry Mason" | Ethan Hawke for "The Good Lord Bird", THE GOOD LORD BIRD in ALL CATEGORIES | Elizabeth Olsen and Kathryn Hahn for "Wandavision" | Tobias Menzies for "The Crown" | MJ Rodriguez for "Pose" | Jane Levy for "Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist"

Profile picture
    OneAndOnly
    Topics:

Did people forget about Kathleen Turner?

Have a great day if you see this!

FYC: Ted Lasso

Straight/BLM

Profile picture
    jjjmoss1
    Topics:

Who were those? Did Jennifer Aniston competed at Supporting? And i know Courteney Cox was never nominated.

everyone went supporting for like 7 seasons, then everyone lead

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

All six went supporting for the first sevens and then all six went lead for the final three seasons. Correct me wrong but weren’t those also the seasons where each of the main agreed to $1m per episode salary?

What’s also funny about that spilt is Aniston being the only cast member to be nominated for both Lead & Supporting.

Emmys FYC | Alan Tudyk in “Resident Alien” | Billie Piper in “I Hate Suzie” | Ego Nwodim in “Saturday Night Live” | Kaley Cuoco in “Harley Quinn” | “Dickinson” | “P-Valley” | “Pose” | “Superstore”

Profile picture
    OneAndOnly
    Topics:

Supporting Actress is tough, but I currently got:

Chloe Fineman, SNL
    Kate McKinnon, SNL
    Rosie Perez, The Flight Attendant
    Maya Rudolph, SNL
    Cecily Strong, SNL
    Juno Temple, Ted Lasso
    Kathleen Turner, The Kominsky Method
    Hannah Waddingham, Ted Lasso

Have a great day if you see this!

FYC: Ted Lasso

Straight/BLM

Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

Have just finished the first three episodes of Made for Love, and I’m enjoying it, but I can also definitely see why it’s getting mixed reactions. I’m glad they dropped them all at once, because I really feel like the first two episodes together were meant to be an hour-long pilot (and the fact that they were written by the same team tells me it might’ve originally been conceived that way). Hadn’t realized it was developed by the same guy who wrote Maniac, and it makes a lot of sense, in the storytelling, tone, and reaction. Unfortunately, it seems like the Emmys will likely receive it a similar way. I was originally thinking that it would be a Russian Doll, but it’s just not quite hitting on that same level. Still think Milioti and Romano can happen, but only in the lower half of their categories, and the Writing and Series ships seem to have sailed.

Disappointed it seems to be fizzling as a contender because I am DESPERATE for Cristin Milioti to have an awards vehicle.

Emmys FYC: Maya Erskine in PEN15, Paapa Essiedu in I May Destroy You, Keeley Hawes in It's a Sin, Carl Lumbly in TFATWS, Cristin Milioti in Made for Love, Elizabeth Olsen in WandaVision, Billie Piper in I Hate Suzie, Hailee Steinfeld in Dickinson, William Zabka in Cobra Kai

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Can Robin Thede (A Black Lady Sketch Show) and Alan Tudyk (Resident Alien) be added to the predictions centre please?

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    Tyler
    Topics:

I could be pretty wrong but Cobra Kai seems to me to be pretty much textbook “popular but not buzzy”. I don’t think anyone cares enough about it

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

I could be pretty wrong but Cobra Kai seems to me to be pretty much textbook “popular but not buzzy”. I don’t think anyone cares enough about it

I think it will get in Series (Although I would not predict if Master of None returns) and Stunts (it will probably win unless they give it to Shameless again) but nothing else.

Netflix seems to be priorizing Emily in Paris, which will probably get in a few half hours crafts.

Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

Just finished my binge of all three Cobra Kai seasons. I’ll be focusing on the latest season, but because it was all just added to Netflix and everyone’s just catching up now, I imagine voters will really be considering the whole show when they form their ballots.

I’ve only just put her in, but after watching, I’ll likely be taking Elizabeth Shue out. It’s a decent two-episode arc, but she’s just really not doing anything noteworthy, and I don’t think she’s got the name or the role to just be checked off by voters. Tamlyn Tomita was actually much more impressive; I’d give her a nomination for sure, but the Emmys won’t.

Macchio is the bigger name and more iconic, but Zabka has the better performance, so I feel comfortable putting them on the same level. In the most recent season, Zabka gets all the comedy and Macchio has the stronger dramatic material. But like I said, if we’re looking at the series as a whole, Zabka’s better with both. Even though I prefer Zabka, it’s likely both or neither.

Xolo Maridueña is actually pretty good, and I’d support a nomination for him, but not in lead. He won’t get one either way, but I hope Netflix movies him to supporting just cause that’s where I think he belongs.

I’m hoping it gets a directing nod. The fight sequences are obviously fantastic, and there’s a really great one-take scene in the season finale, which is made even more impressive by the fact that there didn’t seem to be any stunt doubles for the young cast members. The season 2 finale was much better, stunts and directing wise, but that’ll only help it because again, people are watching it all together. Honestly, with everything we’ve seen so far, it’s my pick to win. Then again, the directors’ branch can be kind of snobs.

I agree that it could get in Series and nowhere else above the line, a la The Mandalorian and Stranger Things 3.

I’d personally give it nods for Series, Macchio, Zabka, Maridueña (in supporting), Directing, and Tamlyn Tomita. Maybe Yuji Okumoto if his category ends up being weak.

For the Emmys: Series > Zabka = Macchio > Directing >>>>> Shue

Profile picture
    Riley Chow
    Topics:

Can Robin Thede (A Black Lady Sketch Show) and Alan Tudyk (Resident Alien) be added to the predictions centre please?

These and other additions are coming.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

These categories when Master of None season 3 is officially announced to be premiering before the deadline and Disney frauds WandaVision in comedy:

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    DanC
    Topics:

These categories when Master of None season 3 is officially announced to be premiering before the deadline and Disney frauds WandaVision in comedy 

If WandaVision does get frauded into comedy, who wins supporting actress: Waddingham or Hahn?

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 502 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Comedy Predictions (Part 4)’ is closed to new replies.