Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Comedy Predictions (Part 4)

Emmys 2021 Comedy Predictions (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 501 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
braydenfitzsi..
Victor
  • Profile picture
    Sir Shaw
    Topics:

As he should.

Dear Emmys Voters

Television has never been better and it’s a pandemic year.

Be bold, not boring.

Profile picture
    orangestraw
    Topics:

Best supporting iceberg in a comedy.

FYC:
    Ego Nwodim ("SNL"), Nico Santos ("Superstore"), Lolly Adefope ("Shrill"), MJ Rodriguez ("Pose"), Kate Winslet, Julianne Nicholson ("Mare of Easttown"), Punam Patel ("Special")

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

He’s got Jameela Jamil’s vote at the very least

If he does not win an Emmy for this performance alone, I’m gonna start breaking stuff.
    @jameelajamil

Emmys FYC | Alan Tudyk in “Resident Alien” | Jennifer C. Holmes in “This Is Us” | Ego Nwodim in “Saturday Night Live” | Kaley Cuoco in “Harley Quinn” | “Dickinson” | “P-Valley” | “Pose” | “Superstore”

Profile picture
    puck05
    Topics:

I guess I’m the only one who didn’t find the iceberg sketch funny.

Profile picture
    Chloe Sevigny stan <3
    Topics:

Bowen would be a worthy winner, but I worry about Kenan’s presence in the category and his overdue narrative, which does exist, and how that may derail his chances.

Emmy FYC!!: Chloe Sevigny (We Are Who We Are), MJ Rodriguez (Pose), Billy Porter (Pose), Emma Corrin (The Crown), Elisabeth Moss (The Handmaid’s Tale), Maya Erskine (Pen15), Anna Konkle (Pen15), Naomi Ackie (Master of None), Thuso Mbedu (The Underground Railroad), Kate Winslet (Mare of Easttown), Michaela Coel (I May Destroy You)

Profile picture
    mf617
    Topics:

I sort of broke down my thoughts in the “SNL” thread, but I kind of don’t see Bowen defeating Kenan, at least not yet. I think Kenan has amassed so much goodwill in the industry and has a narrative of being the longest-tenured “SNL” player in history, while Bowen is still fresh and working his way into being one of the show’s star players (though he clearly shines whenever he does get an opportunity). I think he’s good for a nomination right now, but I’m not ready to talk about a win.

Profile picture
    jjjmoss1
    Topics:

well, who’s the last east asian acting winner?

i know it’s not sandra oh.

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

well, who’s the last east asian acting winner?

i know it’s not sandra oh.

Darren Criss.

He was the first person of East Asian descent to win. (And he’s literally white-passing).

Before him only 1 Arab (Rami Malek) and 2 South Asian actors had won (Archie Panjabi & Riz Ahmed).

Emmys FYC | Alan Tudyk in “Resident Alien” | Jennifer C. Holmes in “This Is Us” | Ego Nwodim in “Saturday Night Live” | Kaley Cuoco in “Harley Quinn” | “Dickinson” | “P-Valley” | “Pose” | “Superstore”

Profile picture
    jjjmoss1
    Topics:

Hmm, well, he’s mostly white – white dad, partially white mom.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

2 South Asian actors had won (Archie Panjabi & Riz Ahmed).

As a British-Asian from North London, I will always find it ironic that the only South Asian acting Emmy winners were both British and from North London. Especially considering how one of them is from an area of London I spent my childhood in lmao.

Hollywood needs more representation! Two South Asian and zero East Asian acting Emmy winners is too little.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

As a British-Asian from North London, I will always find it ironic that the only South Asian acting Emmy winners were both British and from North London. Especially considering how one of them is from an area of London I spent my childhood in lmao.

And if Murphy wasn’t so unstoppable, Dev Patel probably would’ve been the 3rd.

Profile picture
    Allan Veríssimo
    Topics:

Sharlto Copley (District 9) in the cast of Russian Doll Season 2.

FYC Emmys: Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist: Comedy Series, Comedy Actress (Jane Levy); Cobra Kai: Comedy Series; Dickinson: Comedy Actress (Hailee Steinfeld); The Good Doctor: Drama Actor (Freddie Highmore), Drama Supporting Actress (Paige Spara); His Dark Materials: Drama Supporting Actress (Ruth Wilson); Lovecraft Country: Drama Supporting Actress (Jamie Chung); WandaVision: Limited Series, Actress (Elizabeth Olsen), Actor (Paul Bettany), Supporting Actress (Kathryn Hahn).

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

Can Big Shot and John Stamos be added in the prediction center? Reviews are starting to come out and they are promising especially for Stamos.

Profile picture
    Benjamonster86
    Topics:

I thought the iceberg sketch was hilarious but I think Bowen Yang’s work overall this season is incredibly up and down. I don’t deny that buzz is building for him but I don’t think the body of work for the season is deserving of a win over Kenan or many other non-SNL actors.

My blog: http://benjamonsterstv.blogspot.com/

My site: https://peaktvdatabase.weebly.com/

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

I hate that Apple is full force on Ted Lasso (which is a perfectly great show) and they are going to sleep again on Mythic Quest, this show is a underrated gem and with this empty field it could break through, but Apple is with it’s hands full.

For Your Emmy Consideration:
    Matthew Rhys for "Perry Mason" | Ethan Hawke for "The Good Lord Bird", THE GOOD LORD BIRD in ALL CATEGORIES | Elizabeth Olsen and Kathryn Hahn for "Wandavision" | Tobias Menzies for "The Crown" | MJ Rodriguez for "Pose" | Jane Levy for "Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist"

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 501 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Comedy Predictions (Part 4)’ is closed to new replies.