Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Comedy Predictions (Part 5)

Emmys 2021 Comedy Predictions (Part 5)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 500 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
braydenfitzsi..
  • Profile picture
    Riley Chow
    Topics:

Mrs Maisel is a show about a standout comedian, has colorful costumes, joyful soundtrack and has an overall uplifting tone. There is nothing remotely dramatic happening in it, especially in the first season.

If you go to the official Amazon website, it literally says, “Genres: Drama, Comedy”.

Profile picture
    gabspss
    Topics:

Who is the Lead in Girls5eva ?

In my opinion? Everyone.

They are submitting only Bareilles and Golsberry, which indeed makes sense.

Philips and Pell are boderline.

It's about the chaotic editing in Moulin Rouge!

Profile picture
    jjjmoss1
    Topics:

Interesting to see the NBC Site not featuring Adele’s episode for SNL. It was definitely the most buzzed/talked about episode of the season.

it feels like mostly it was talked about b/c of the factor of “oh hey adele’s still working? oh wow.” than any of the performances/sketches.

Profile picture
    William Gillquist
    Topics:

The show Adele hosted was honestly pretty bland and non of the sketches were very memorable. If Adele does end up being nominated, it will mainly be off of name recognition.

FYC Emmys: Ted Lasso (all categories), Wandavision (all categories), The Mandalorian (Best Drama Series), Danny Pudi (Mythic Quest), Maya Erksine (Pen15), Michaela Coel (I May Destroy You), Alan Tudyk (Resident Alien), Antony Starr (The Boys), Daniel Brühl (The Falcon and the Winter Soldier), Ethan Hawke (The Good Lord Bird), Invincible (Animated Program)

Profile picture
    Onion
    Topics:

Girls5eva is EVERYTHING. Probably my favorite comedy series of this Emmy cycle. I’d personally nominate Renée Elise Goldsberry in Actress, Paula Pell and Busy Phillips in Supporting Actress, Andrew Rannells in Supporting Actor, Tina Fey in Guest Actress, Bowen Kang in Guest Actor and the pilot or the finale for Writing. Also, Sara Bareilles might not be the strongest actress of the show, but she should be winning Original Song and Lyrics for “4 Stars”.

I’m no expecting the show to do well at the Emmys at all and that will be such a disappointment.

FYC Emmys: What are you waiting 5 to support Girls5eva? (and It's a Sin too!)

Profile picture
    Emmyfan
    Topics:

Yeah, SATC is one of my favorite comedies, but S1 is mostly bad. S2 is mostly okay. S3 is when the quality went up, esp with the legendary affair storyline including the Writing/Directing nominee Easy Come Easy Go.

1999 Comedy Series

Ally McBeal, (Fox) – WINNER
    Everybody Loves Raymond, (CBS)
    Frasier, (NBC)
    Friends, (NBC)
    Sex and the City, (HBO)

I was glad that Ally McBeal won Comedy Series in 1999, and I thought that it would have won in 1998 but lost to Frasier, which won Comedy Series for the fifth time. I like Sex & the City too, but the first season was it weakest.

Profile picture
    Kaguya-hime
    Topics:

My argument with SNL is that voters don’t actually watch the show (apart from rare word of mouth cases like when Adele hosted or Eddie Redmayne hosted) but watch the sketches online. Hence why Brad Pitt was nominated for a viral impression last year over John Mulaney. Or why the show surged around the election time due to the strong word of mouth. Chloe Fineman not only has attracted buzz for her work on SNL but also has a lot of individual buzz going for her right now because of her own viral sketches on Instagram (some of which have attracted more attention than her SNL ones and have been shared by the likes of Reese Witherspoon, Gillian Anderson, Elizabeth Banks, Sarah Paulson etc online). Hence my prediction of her. Last year Emmy voters opted to nominate Cecily Strong (who was amassing a lot of goodwill for her work that went viral last season and her star was also rapidly rising) for the first time instead of returning to Aidy Bryant. It’s not implausible for them to do a similar thing this year and nominate Fineman as the third nominee after McKinnon and Rudolph.

I think you’re overrating how much people know or care about Chloe Fineman’s instagram. A few celebrities sharing it doesn’t mean much. And if we’re just talking about which SNL sketches were buzzier, I think Nwodim’s A Teacher sketch had more buzz than anything that Fineman did this season.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

The way if they combined the drama and comedy fields that only like one or two of the shows getting into series here this year would stand a chance lol.

The limited field at least is competitive. This comedy one may be one of the worst I’ve seen at an awards show ever (and I say this as someone who thinks Pen15 season 2 is one of the finest seasons of a comedy as of late!)

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

it feels like mostly it was talked about b/c of the factor of “oh hey adele’s still working? oh wow.” than any of the performances/sketches.

Hello from inside this bush

Emmys FYC | Alan Tudyk in “Resident Alien” | Billie Piper in “I Hate Suzie” | Ego Nwodim in “Saturday Night Live” | Kaley Cuoco in “Harley Quinn” | “Dickinson” | “P-Valley” | “Pose” | “Superstore”

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    jjjmoss1
    Topics:

cuz of the singing, sure. it’s not the grammys tho.

Profile picture
    TVFan365
    Topics:

What a king.

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

Shrill S3 dropped Friday and I found out via Aidy Bryant’s mother on the SNL cold open.

Hulu not even doing a bare minimum for it anymore.

Emmys FYC | Alan Tudyk in “Resident Alien” | Billie Piper in “I Hate Suzie” | Ego Nwodim in “Saturday Night Live” | Kaley Cuoco in “Harley Quinn” | “Dickinson” | “P-Valley” | “Pose” | “Superstore”

Profile picture
    lvigario
    Topics:

Girls5Eva is just amazing.
    Tens across the board.
    It filled the void left by Unbreakable Kimmy Schimdt’s end.

FYC TV: Stateless | We Are Who We Are | Paapa Essiedu in I May Destroy You | Euphoria Special | genera+ion |

Profile picture
    ricardo505
    Topics:

Shrill S3 dropped Friday and I found out via Aidy Bryant’s mother on the SNL cold open.

Hulu not even doing a bare minimum for it anymore.

S3 was amazing. It’s sad that Aidy won’t be nominated, though…

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 500 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Comedy Predictions (Part 5)’ is closed to new replies.