Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Comedy Predictions (Part 5)

Emmys 2021 Comedy Predictions (Part 5)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 500 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
braydenfitzsi..
  • Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

I’m skeptical of Master of None. Will voters be interested in an spin off ?

Profile picture
    Benjamonster86
    Topics:

Are there any guest contenders from Hacks? I’m desperate to find a way out of my current ten-slot SNL domination.

If Girls5Eva catches on in the Emmy race, I’m hopeful for some of their guest stars like Tina Fey and Stephen Colbert.

My blog: http://benjamonsterstv.blogspot.com/

My site: https://peaktvdatabase.weebly.com/

Profile picture
    gabspss
    Topics:

I would be all in for Mom nomination. It has one of the best ensemble that should include some supporting actress slots. And final season had been good.

This final season of Mom has been excellent. It would be such a deserved nomination, but I really don’t think it’s gonna happen.

It's about the chaotic editing in Moulin Rouge!

Profile picture
    Madson Melo
    Topics:

If Jean Smart win this year, she will have lead, supporting and guest awards. Does anyone else has this? In the same field?

I think Janney, but in drama and lead/supporting for the same role, can’t think of anyone else.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Starts with a 92 on Metacritic…

Dare I say this could even end up being Ted Lasso‘s main competitor in series if it’s popular enough?

I don’t feel so confident about Hannah Einbinder though. She reminds me of Rose Byrne for the first season of Damages or Jodie Comer for the first season of Killing Eve where she’s the breakthrough co-lead, her performance receives a substantial amount of critical acclaim but she misses the first time around due to visibility issues and lack of name-recognition. She also seems to have less of a profile than both those performers (Byrne had won the Volpi cup, she had already broken through in British television and was in Troy and Marie Antoinette. Jodie Comer had principal supporting roles in British TV hits, had a BAFTA nomination and had already been gradually landing leading roles on television.)

Then again the field is weaker but my concern when it comes to her chances is she doesn’t even have much goodwill or recognition as a rising star like Naomi Ackie going into this race and after Tom Pelphrey missed last year for one of the most acclaimed performances of the cycle in the third season of Ozark, I’m starting to feel sceptical.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    Nate
    Topics:

If Jean Smart win this year, she will have lead, supporting and guest awards. Does anyone else has this? In the same field?

I think Janney, but in drama and lead/supporting for the same role, can’t think of anyone else.

Betty White: supporting for The Mary Tyler Moore Show, lead for The Golden Girls, and guest for The John Larroquette Show and Saturday Night Live.

Profile picture
    NSULABR
    Topics:

Does anyone see a potential Guest Actress Comedy nomination for Reba for her stint on Young Sheldon? The scene of her butchering “Islands in the Stream” alone should give her a nomination.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I think the supporting actor category is barren enough for George Segal to surprise with a posthumous nomination.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Yeap Smart could win for this, shame because I am really rooting for Cuoco, but okay.

I guess she can win for voice over as Harley Quinn right?

For Your Emmy Consideration:
    Matthew Rhys for "Perry Mason" | Ethan Hawke for "The Good Lord Bird", THE GOOD LORD BIRD in ALL CATEGORIES | Elizabeth Olsen and Kathryn Hahn for "Wandavision" | Tobias Menzies for "The Crown" | MJ Rodriguez for "Pose" | Jane Levy for "Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist"

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I’m still not sure if Kenan is even a real show and not some Argo-esque ploy that was made to rescue some hostages.

PLS

Profile picture
    William Gillquist
    Topics:

I think the supporting actor category is barren enough for George Segal to surprise with a posthumous nomination.

That would honestly be kind of cool if that happened. Even though I’m not a fan of The Goldbergs.

FYC Emmys: Ted Lasso (all categories), Wandavision (all categories), The Mandalorian (Best Drama Series), Danny Pudi (Mythic Quest), Maya Erksine (Pen15), Michaela Coel (I May Destroy You), Alan Tudyk (Resident Alien), Antony Starr (The Boys), Daniel Brühl (The Falcon and the Winter Soldier), Ethan Hawke (The Good Lord Bird), Invincible (Animated Program)

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

I guess she can win for voice over as Harley Quinn right?

As she should

Acid

Emmys FYC | Alan Tudyk in “Resident Alien” | Jennifer C. Holmes in “This Is Us” | Ego Nwodim in “Saturday Night Live” | Kaley Cuoco in “Harley Quinn” | “Dickinson” | “P-Valley” | “Pose” | “Superstore”

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Martin Freeman has been doing a lot of campaigning. I won’t be surprised if he’s the one who does Actors on Actors with Jason Sudeikis.

It’s going to be interesting to see which comedy thespians will be paired with one another. It feels like on the limited side they’ll have some sort of a reunion pairing between Nicole Kidman and Ewan McGregor, Hugh Grant and Kate Winslet or something like that.

Profile picture
    Emmyfan
    Topics:

Does anyone think that Jessica Walter will get a voiceover Emmy nomination for Archer?

Jessica Walter was my favorite on Arrested Develpoment.

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

Archer is eligible this cycle? Please let Walter get nominated, her work in the show is iconic.

Emmys FYC | Alan Tudyk in “Resident Alien” | Jennifer C. Holmes in “This Is Us” | Ego Nwodim in “Saturday Night Live” | Kaley Cuoco in “Harley Quinn” | “Dickinson” | “P-Valley” | “Pose” | “Superstore”

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 500 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Comedy Predictions (Part 5)’ is closed to new replies.