Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Comedy Predictions (Part 5)

Emmys 2021 Comedy Predictions (Part 5)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 500 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
braydenfitzsi..
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Looks like the critics consider it the best comedy debut like ever.

It’s what Jean Smart’s range deserves!

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

I completely disagree. If the show gets in for series, writing/directing and guest, that means people are paying attention to the show and if people are paying attention to the show then Goldsberry is going to get in.

I don’t think that’s how it works. You could have used the same logic to The Good Place and William Jackson Harper/D’Arcy Carden for a long time. And What We Do in the Shadows and Natasia Demetriou.

Goldsberry is more famous and I get the argument, though.

Profile picture
    Allan Veríssimo
    Topics:

The Chair will premiere on August 27.

FYC Emmys: Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist: Comedy Series, Comedy Actress (Jane Levy); Cobra Kai: Comedy Series; Dickinson: Comedy Actress (Hailee Steinfeld); The Good Doctor: Drama Actor (Freddie Highmore), Drama Supporting Actress (Paige Spara); His Dark Materials: Drama Supporting Actress (Ruth Wilson); Lovecraft Country: Drama Supporting Actress (Jamie Chung); WandaVision: Limited Series, Actress (Elizabeth Olsen), Actor (Paul Bettany), Supporting Actress (Kathryn Hahn).

Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

Supporting actor is just killing me. I still don’t have faith in the Flight Attendant men or Alex Newell, but four Ted Lasso actors plus Nico Santos feels wrong.

Would Pete Davidson be a ridiculous prediction?

Emmys FYC: Maya Erskine in PEN15, Paapa Essiedu in I May Destroy You, Keeley Hawes in It's a Sin, Carl Lumbly in TFATWS, Cristin Milioti in Made for Love, Elizabeth Olsen in WandaVision, Billie Piper in I Hate Suzie, Hailee Steinfeld in Dickinson, William Zabka in Cobra Kai

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

Love how early they announced the date. It’s unusual for them to do that now so I hope it’s a sign of confidence in the project.

Profile picture
    gabspss
    Topics:

Alex Newell will happen if Jane Levy gets nominated, I think, since he’s the MVP of the show according to many people (including meself).

It's about the chaotic editing in Moulin Rouge!

Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

Maya Rudolph is giving me very Jane Lynch vibes.

Emmys FYC: Maya Erskine in PEN15, Paapa Essiedu in I May Destroy You, Keeley Hawes in It's a Sin, Carl Lumbly in TFATWS, Cristin Milioti in Made for Love, Elizabeth Olsen in WandaVision, Billie Piper in I Hate Suzie, Hailee Steinfeld in Dickinson, William Zabka in Cobra Kai

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

Alex Newell will happen if Jane Levy gets nominated, I think, since he’s the MVP of the show according to many people (including meself).

It’s still kinda amazing how much that CC nom as helped Newell’s Emmy chances, I wasn’t predicting him at all to be nominated at the 2021 Emmys until that nom (despite him being my own personal 2020 winner).

But the combined of that nom putting him on the radar (as opposed to just Levy), having several extremly baity episodes, the less-than-competitive year and his show being more heavily campaigned more, I just can’t see it getting into Series without him.

(A lone Levy nom is still possible though)

Emmys FYC | Alan Tudyk in “Resident Alien” | Billie Piper in “I Hate Suzie” | Ego Nwodim in “Saturday Night Live” | Kaley Cuoco in “Harley Quinn” | “Dickinson” | “P-Valley” | “Pose” | “Superstore”

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

Would Pete Davidson be a ridiculous prediction?

Not really, he’s arguably the most famous cast member while on the show since Eddie Murphy (thank you Ari); had been at the centre of serval viral sketches (“YEET”, “Stu” & “NFTs”), is more visible thanks to his PR relationship with Phoebe Dyvenor and the industry clearly likes him / wants to him a star given all the importants he’s had and continues to get.

Emmys FYC | Alan Tudyk in “Resident Alien” | Billie Piper in “I Hate Suzie” | Ego Nwodim in “Saturday Night Live” | Kaley Cuoco in “Harley Quinn” | “Dickinson” | “P-Valley” | “Pose” | “Superstore”

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

Jean Smart is coming for that Big Bang Theory girl.

Why did my mind immediately go to “it’s a weak year, but not Call Me Kat weak”

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

It totally flew by me that only The Kominsky Method is returning to this field from last year.
    Everyone really took a break.

For Your Emmy Consideration:
    Matthew Rhys for "Perry Mason" | Ethan Hawke for "The Good Lord Bird", THE GOOD LORD BIRD in ALL CATEGORIES | Elizabeth Olsen and Kathryn Hahn for "Wandavision" | Tobias Menzies for "The Crown" | MJ Rodriguez for "Pose" | Jane Levy for "Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist"

Profile picture
    Harmen Moes
    Topics:

It totally flew by me that only The Kominsky Method is returning to this field from last year. Everyone really took a break.

The Nominees of Best Comedyseries from last year.

* Curb Your Enthusiasm: S11 begins Fall 2021

* Dead to Me: filming wil take place between May 10 and August 2

* Good Place: It is over!

* Insecure: later in 2021

* Kominsky Method: Has this emmy season S3

* The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel: December 2021

* Schitt’s Creek: It is over!

* What We Do in the Shadows: Filming or post-production for S03

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    GnarlieStCloud
    Topics:

I think that if Girls5eva happens, it will be just Series + Writing/Directing + Guest for Tina Fey. I haven’t watched it, but it looks like an ensemble work rather than a vehicle for someone in the cast like Zoey’s Extraordinary Playlist is a vehicle for Jane Levy.

It’s a show where someone is both the breakout charecter,but also the more well established actor(Renée Elise Goldsberry).  Looking at it’s ytube views,imdb voters etc. I don’t really see this as having caught on with enough people to land in Series even in a barren year for the category.  Goldsberry as a solo nom seems more likely scenario right now,it’s something that the small niche of people watching it are more likely to be in the acting branch since the show is about performers.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

I kinda need this field of lead to be six nominees
    With six in the predictions center I’m already having trouble in actress, i can see so many people getting in, imagine with five.

Couldn’t care less about the actor field, just nominate anyone, it’s Sudeikis to lose anyway

For Your Emmy Consideration:
    Matthew Rhys for "Perry Mason" | Ethan Hawke for "The Good Lord Bird", THE GOOD LORD BIRD in ALL CATEGORIES | Elizabeth Olsen and Kathryn Hahn for "Wandavision" | Tobias Menzies for "The Crown" | MJ Rodriguez for "Pose" | Jane Levy for "Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist"

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 500 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Comedy Predictions (Part 5)’ is closed to new replies.