Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Comedy Predictions (Part 5)

Emmys 2021 Comedy Predictions (Part 5)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 500 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
braydenfitzsi..
  • Profile picture
    Mark A Bowers
    Topics:

I agree. I loved “Mom” and Allison was just brilliant in the finale tonight. She absolutely deserves another nomination. I think it’s gonna happen too… I just wish the show, Kristen Johnston and Jamie Presley would get some Emmy love too. They are so good. And heck William Fichtner too!

The finale and penultimate episode of MOM were both outstanding. Schitt’s Creek level good. I know MOM hasn’t gotten tons of Emmy love, but it damn well should. Allison Janey & Jamie Presley are more than deserving this season of a nomination and Allison, kaley cuoco, and Jean smart are in a horse race for lead actress imo.

Profile picture
    gabspss
    Topics:

The final season of Mom was probably the best the show has had. Allison Janney was hilarious as usual and Kristen Johnson was the MVP of the supporting ladies. My favorite comedy of the season so far and definetely, *by far*, the funniest one. I’ll miss this show so much.

Also, this is much better than Chuck Lorre’s other show, The Kominsky Method.

It's about the chaotic editing in Moulin Rouge!

Profile picture
    Allan Veríssimo
    Topics:

Black-ish will end with its eighth and final season next year on ABC.

Profile picture
    David Buchanan
    Topics:

I really enjoyed the finale of Mom, too, and the entire final season. Janney deserves a farewell nomination and the series finale would make for a very respectable submission. I’d also love to see Kristen Johnson sneak into that Supporting Actress field. It’s over 20 years since her last nomination, and this feels like the first role that could really put her back in contention.

Formerly known as PianoMann.

Profile picture
    Allan Veríssimo
    Topics:

‘The Great’ Season 2 Casts Gillian Anderson as Catherine the Great’s Mother.

https://variety.com/2021/tv/news/the-great-season-2-gillian-anderson-hulu-1234973299/

Profile picture
    gabspss
    Topics:

Finally! This show is not as good as it used to be. Actually, it’s not good at all anymore LOL.

It's about the chaotic editing in Moulin Rouge!

Profile picture
    Gabarnes43
    Topics:

‘The Great’ Season 2 Casts Gillian Anderson as Catherine the Great’s Mother.

https://variety.com/2021/tv/news/the-great-season-2-gillian-anderson-hulu-1234973299/

Looks like i’m gonna have to actually watch this now

EMMY FYC

The Crown in all categories (inc. Olivia Colman & Gillian Anderson)

I May Destroy You, It’s a Sin, Stateless & The Queens Gambit

Kate Winslet, Keeley Hawes, Shaun Parkes, Marielle Heller, Michaela Coel

Ted Lasso & The Flight Attendant in all categories.

Girls5Eva

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

‘The Great’ Season 2 Casts Gillian Anderson as Catherine the Great’s Mother. https://variety.com/2021/tv/news/the-great-season-2-gillian-anderson-hulu-1234973299/

Gillian really said I’m gonna come to collect all my overdue things for American Gods, The FallGreat Expectations, Hannibal and Sex Eduction within two years.

FYC: All things The Crown, Hacks and I May Destroy You (and Hannah Waddingham and Julianne Nicholson whilst you're at it)!!

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

Finally! This show is not as good as it used to be. Actually, it’s not good at all anymore LOL.

For real. The show jumped the shark creatively in S5 when they deciding on keeping Junior around for a gap year. Ironically doing the exact opposite for Zoey / Shahidi and making a more interesting show (Grownish) in the process.

Sad it’s leaving, Ellis-Ross and Lewis should’ve won by now.

Profile picture
    William Gillquist
    Topics:

Finally!

FYC Emmys: Give Inside Everything!

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Praise be about Black-ish. Hopefully Grey’s Anatomy‘s end isn’t far off either lol.

FYC: All things The Crown, Hacks and I May Destroy You (and Hannah Waddingham and Julianne Nicholson whilst you're at it)!!

Profile picture
    Allan Veríssimo
    Topics:

The final season of Brooklyn Nine-Nine will premiere in August.

Profile picture
    Onion
    Topics:

Who thinks Hannah Waddingham should be submitted as Lead Actress for Ted Lasso will cringe while watching Hacks being aware that Hannah Einbinder is submitted as Supporting. What a great performance, though. She’s just as good as Jean Smart in the show.

FYC Emmys: Hacks, The Handmaid's Tale and The Queen's Gambit for the win!

Profile picture
    ratednext
    Topics:

This season has been painful to watch.

Profile picture
    wilfredpickles
    Topics:

‘The Great’ Season 2 Casts Gillian Anderson as Catherine the Great’s Mother. https://variety.com/2021/tv/news/the-great-season-2-gillian-anderson-hulu-1234973299/

All this recent TV goodwill Gillian has been getting is giving me major Regina King vibes. If she can find a strong film project in the next few years she’s coming for an Oscar.

Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 500 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Comedy Predictions (Part 5)’ is closed to new replies.