Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Comedy Predictions (Part 5)

Emmys 2021 Comedy Predictions (Part 5)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 500 total)
Created
6 months ago
Last Reply
5 months ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
braydenfitzsi..
  • Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

Weird to see how Gillian Anderson and David Duchovony went on different paths in their careers. Jon Hamm/Elisabeth Moss is another example.

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

Jon Hamm not getting roles after THAT performance in Mad Men is never going to make sense.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Jon Hamm not getting roles after THAT performance in Mad Men is never going to make sense.

He was great in Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt

Profile picture
    vinny
    Topics:

I love Anderson and how she can literally pop up on any show 🙂 better to have her on screen than away from it 🙂

Profile picture
    vinny
    Topics:

Just saw the mom finale (binged the last season….not a fan of the show but will say I watched for Janney since season 2). Janney has my fav of the comedy actress performances this season if she submits that.

Profile picture
    Allan Veríssimo
    Topics:

According to Deadline, Zoey’s Extraordinary Playlist is expected to move from NBC to Peacock if it is renewed.

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

Low-key feel like without 30 Rock, he’d be un-hireable right now, since the industry would only see him as Don Draper.

Oscars FYC:

"CODA" – in all categories

"Everybody's Talking About Jamie" – Sup. Actor (Richard E. Grant), Sup. Actress (Sarah Lancashire) and Original Song (“This Was Me”)

"King Richard" – Original Song (“Be Alive”)

"Summer of Soul" – Picture, Film Editing and Documentary Feature

“The Green Knight” – in all categories

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

NBC will airing be Christmas specials for Kenan, Mr. Mayor and Young Rock

NBC Takes Page From British TV With Standalone Holiday Specials For ‘Young Rock’, ‘Kenan’ & ‘Mr. Mayor’

Oscars FYC:

"CODA" – in all categories

"Everybody's Talking About Jamie" – Sup. Actor (Richard E. Grant), Sup. Actress (Sarah Lancashire) and Original Song (“This Was Me”)

"King Richard" – Original Song (“Be Alive”)

"Summer of Soul" – Picture, Film Editing and Documentary Feature

“The Green Knight” – in all categories

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

All this recent TV goodwill Gillian has been getting is giving me major Regina King vibes. If she can find a strong film project in the next few years she’s coming for an Oscar.

Honestly I don’t think it’s even far fetched for her to achieve a triple crown in the next few years. She’s quite a revered thespian in the world of West End theatre so she only really need to replicate that success on Broadway and then…

Oscars FYC:
    "THE POWER OF THE DOG" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "SHIVA BABY" – in all categories especially Picture, Adapted Screenplay, Score
    "TOGETHER" – Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "FLEE" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design

Profile picture
    Ryusei
    Topics:

Looks like i’m gonna have to actually watch this now

It’s a lot of fun. Elle Fanning should have been nominated at the Emmys.

If you like something like The Favorite you’ll probably like this. A lot of absurd period humor lol Best way i can describe it.

FYC: Lead Actress - Alana Haim (Licorice Pizza)

Profile picture
    Gabarnes43
    Topics:

It’s a lot of fun. Elle Fanning should have been nominated at the Emmys.

If you like something like The Favorite you’ll probably like this. A lot of absurd period humor lol Best way i can describe it.

Yh I don’t know why I haven’t watched it yet, The Favourites literally my favourite Best Picture nominee of the last decade

FYC WINTER TV AWARDS

Mare of Easttown and The White Lotus in all categories including: Kate Winslet, Jennifer Coolidge and Murray Bartlett

Ted Lasso in all categories

The Handmaids Tale in all categories including Series, The Morning Show in categories including Jennifer Aniston and Billy Crudup

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

The Great gives me Succession vibes (especially with that support it seems to have from the writers branch). I think it could be a top contender for the series win next season if its sophomore season is more acclaimed than its last.

Oscars FYC:
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design

Profile picture
    Ryusei
    Topics:

The Great gives me Succession vibes (especially with that support it seems to have from the writers branch). I think it could be a top contender for the series win next season if its sophomore season is more acclaimed than its last.

FYC: Lead Actress - Alana Haim (Licorice Pizza)

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I have to say that the resemblance between Anderson and Fanning is there! I am intrigued to see who they cast as Catherine when the show moves into its next iteration like The Crown (my vote would go to Carey Mulligan).

Oscars FYC:

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

Why the hell is Kenan Thompson so thirsty campaigning for Kenan ? He will get nominated for Saturday Night Live anyway and will probably win. Just chill, man.

Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 500 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Comedy Predictions (Part 5)’ is closed to new replies.