Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Comedy Predictions (Part 5)

Emmys 2021 Comedy Predictions (Part 5)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 500 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
braydenfitzsi..
  • Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

And all 3 of them are doing the FYC events with Cuoco.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

The show’s supporting performers also have more visibility not only from their show being a top series contender or one that has the added visibility of the winter awards but also because they’re more recognisable names than say Naomi Ackie (who I personally think should win!) and Hannah Einbinder. Not to mention the show got a SAG ensemble nomination in spite of being a first season show and facing tougher competition.

Is it within the realms of possibility that they miss? Sure. But if you’re not predicting them then I think you should be predicting someone like Huisman. <i>Killing Eve</i> had weaker support from actors yet Fiona Shaw managed to get nominated for throwing caustic jibes at character in season 2 in a more competitive field.

FYC: All things The Crown, Hacks and I May Destroy You (and Hannah Waddingham and Julianne Nicholson whilst you're at it)!!

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

The problem is that they’re kinda… Bad ?

Jackson Harper and Carden were the real MVP’s of The Good Place and it was the final season.

I think Mamet is the more likely for being in industry for such a long time and her character is the sidekick. She’s like the female Bill Camp with all the Supporting roles.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

I’m rewatching some random EPs of Ted Lasso and I really need it to win. It’s so fun and bright in those times, really is comfort watch

This scene >>>>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8k-bSEhEDo

FYC Emmys: Get MJ Rodriguez that deserved WIN! And some votes for Elizabeth Olsen, Tobias Menzies and Matthew Rhys will be highly tasteful as well

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

The problem is that they’re kinda… Bad ?

Jackson Harper and Carden were the real MVP’s of The Good Place and it was the final season.

I think Mamet is the more likely for being in industry for such a long time and her character is the sidekick. She’s like the female Bill Camp with all the Supporting roles.

I agree Mamet is the likeliest. But Perez and Gomez are more respected than Brodie-Sangster and Melling. Not only that but Perez also has a fun memorably comedic role (even though that arc was kind of bonkers) and Gomez’s performance seemed to attract a lot of attention from fans towards the end of the season’s run.

I only have Mamet (and for almost the exact reasons you listed) right now but if Fiona Shaw can happen for Killing Eve season 2, then Perez/Gomez (I don’t think both will happen) can get in for a show that seems to have a lot of support from actors in a weak year.

FYC: All things The Crown, Hacks and I May Destroy You (and Hannah Waddingham and Julianne Nicholson whilst you're at it)!!

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

I didn’t think they were bad
    Perez arc was bad yes, she wasn’t. Gomez was very good on her stealer scenes

FYC Emmys: Get MJ Rodriguez that deserved WIN! And some votes for Elizabeth Olsen, Tobias Menzies and Matthew Rhys will be highly tasteful as well

Profile picture
    TVLUVAH
    Topics:

I really hope Kaitlyn Olsen gets some love for “Hacks” as well as Smart. She’s frickin’ hysterical and giving a much deeper performance than it seems at first. Wait til you see upcoming episodes!

Profile picture
    TheCineMike
    Topics:

Out of all supporting actresses, I think Michelle Gomez is the one who deserves a nomination.

https://thecinemike.wordpress.com/
    Twitter: @TheCineMike

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

A lot of experts taking Master of None out of their predictions.

Profile picture
    gabspss
    Topics:

7/10 editors are now predicting Girls5eva for an Outstanding Comedy Series nomination.

It's about the chaotic editing in Moulin Rouge!

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

A lot of experts taking Master of None out of their predictions.

I think the show can still land a series nod based on the goodwill of the Master of None name but it’s very hard to tell what will happen with its actors and with the show in writing/directing because this instalment is almost nothing like the previous two of Master of None. And that can alienate fans of the show’s previous stylistic choices.

It’s a shame because Naomi Ackie would be a deserving winner.

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

7/10 editors are now predicting Girls5eva for an Outstanding Comedy Series nomination.

5eva

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

Lead Actor is the biggest wasteland ever.. none of contenders seem like future nominees outside of the top 3.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Lead Actor is the biggest wasteland ever.. none of contenders seem like future nominees outside of the top 3.

Even then Michael Douglas won’t return because this is the final season of The Kominsky Method

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

Even then Michael Douglas won’t return because this is the final season of The Kominsky Method

Thank god he’s coming to save this category next year 

Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 500 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Comedy Predictions (Part 5)’ is closed to new replies.