Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Comedy Predictions (Part 5)

Emmys 2021 Comedy Predictions (Part 5)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 500 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
braydenfitzsi..
  • Profile picture
    Reis
    Topics:

First Hacks reviews on Metacritic:
    Decider – 100
    ‘Hacks’ on HBO Max Review: Jean Smart Dazzles in this Genius Dark Comedy

Entertainment Weekly – 91
    Hacks review: Jean Smart and Hannah Einbinder kill as comedians at odds

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

Decider – 100

I can’t believe I lost my 100/1 odds. This is baity as hell, if it’s really THAT good, then Ted Lasso and Hannah Waddingham are in trouble (assuming the Hannah of Hacks will go in Supprting)

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

Jean Smart has better luck at the Emmys when she competes in the comedy categories so let’s get our girl her first lead trophy.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I think we might have three potential top contenders in supporting actress when it comes to the win (Ackie, Einbinder and Waddingham).

If Lasso wins series then I feel quite confident that Hannah Waddingham will go along for the ride like Annie Murphy and Alex Borstein did when their shows won Series. If Lasso is no longer win competitive in series then I think it’s a wide open race.

With regards to Ackie something that will be interesting to see with regards to her strength will be if she ends up landing a coattail nomination for Small Axe. She kind of reminds me of Letitia Wright making it in for Black Mirror in spite of missing BAFTA.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

Supporting actress is getting crowded but actor is still a waste land. What an awful category.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

At this point HBO Max should just fraud Michiel Huisman there and he’ll probably get nominated lol.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

At this point HBO Max should just fraud Michiel Huisman there and he’ll probably get nominated lol.

I meant supporting actor but yes lead actor is also tragic

Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

This must’ve been the race-shaker Riley was teasing, Hacks being win-competitive.

Emmys FYC: Maya Erskine in PEN15, Paapa Essiedu in I May Destroy You, Keeley Hawes in It's a Sin, Carl Lumbly in TFATWS, Cristin Milioti in Made for Love, Elizabeth Olsen in WandaVision, Billie Piper in I Hate Suzie, Hailee Steinfeld in Dickinson, William Zabka in Cobra Kai

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Decider – 100

Somebody on this thread really had me removing my 100/1 odds because they said it looked like a cbs with f bombs

For Your Emmy Consideration:
    Matthew Rhys for "Perry Mason" | Ethan Hawke for "The Good Lord Bird", THE GOOD LORD BIRD in ALL CATEGORIES | Elizabeth Olsen and Kathryn Hahn for "Wandavision" | Tobias Menzies for "The Crown" | MJ Rodriguez for "Pose" | Jane Levy for "Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist"

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Glad I stuck with Smart and the show in my predictions!

Can we add Naomi Ackie and Hannah Einbinder to the predictions centre please?

Profile picture
    Riley Chow
    Topics:

I lost my 100/1 odds.

You are in good company if I do say so myself!

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Between Master of None, Girls5Eva, The Kominsky Method and now Hacks, the month of May really came through to save this field.

Matthew Rhys for "Perry Mason" | Ethan Hawke for "The Good Lord Bird", THE GOOD LORD BIRD in ALL CATEGORIES | Elizabeth Olsen and Kathryn Hahn for "Wandavision" | Tobias Menzies for "The Crown" | MJ Rodriguez for "Pose" | Jane Levy for "Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist"

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

We have so many shows, and allegedly big contenders coming out this month and that makes me cautious to predict all of them to do great. I don’t think we can really expect voters to watch all of The Underground Railroad, Halston (I believe those 2 will be their priorities), In Treatment, Master Of None, Hacks and possibly Girls5eva in just a month, on top of the things they will probably catch up on. So, as great as it’s possibly be, I think it’s possible Hacks still just ends up being nominated for Series and Smart with Einbinder  getting snubbed despite the reviews. I wouldn’t be surprised if the release date also hurts Ackie.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Also, it won’t be a thing, but season 2 of Mythic Quest opened up with a 100% on rotten tomatoes and as of right now, 2 positives review on metacritic (91 and 75).

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

We have so many shows, and allegedly big contenders coming out this month and that makes me cautious to predict all of them to do great. I don’t think we can really expect voters to watch all of The Underground Railroad, Halston (I believe those 2 will be their priorities), In Treatment, Master Of None, Hacks and possibly Girls5eva in just a month, on top of the things they will probably catch up on. So, as great as it’s possibly be, I think it’s possible Hacks still just ends up being nominated for Series and Smart with Einbinder getting snubbed despite the reviews. I wouldn’t be surprised if the release date also hurts Ackie.

This is why I’m not predicting Girls5Eva? I mean are voters going to really prioritise signing up for a new streaming service this month to watch this show with so many high profile contenders with more accessibility (when it comes to the service they’re on) coming out?

I also think In Treatment could be affected by the late release as well considering how many episodes there. I think it will be an actors branch thing only.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 500 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Comedy Predictions (Part 5)’ is closed to new replies.