Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Comedy Predictions (Part 5)

Emmys 2021 Comedy Predictions (Part 5)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 500 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
braydenfitzsi..
  • Profile picture
    William Gillquist
    Topics:

I do think it’s possible Mythic Quest won’t get in series, but I do think McElhenny is a safe bet. Considering how barren the Lead Actor category is, and the fact that he’s long overdue for a nomination.

FYC Emmys: Give Inside Everything!

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Is it premature to think Jean Smart is a lock for the nomination? I understand the scepticism around Hacks release date but HBO seem to be campaigning hard for the show, it’s getting critical raves and it’s not as if show starring Jean Smart on HBO Max produced by Michael Schur isn’t tempting for voters, especially members of the actors branch.

FYC: All things The Crown, Hacks and I May Destroy You (and Hannah Waddingham and Julianne Nicholson whilst you're at it)!!

Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

Ted Lasso blowing up is the best thing that could’ve happened to Dickinson. I’m predicting it for Steinfeld and Writing, and while I feel secure about neither prediction, that Better Things comparison feels very apt.

Emmys FYC: Maya Erskine in PEN15, Paapa Essiedu in I May Destroy You, Keeley Hawes in It's a Sin, Carl Lumbly in TFATWS, Cristin Milioti in Made for Love, Elizabeth Olsen in WandaVision, Billie Piper in I Hate Suzie, Hailee Steinfeld in Dickinson, William Zabka in Cobra Kai

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

I had Hailee for the longest time but i took her out yesterday.
    If she somehow get in I will be sad that I lost my 100/1 odds.

FYC Emmys: Get MJ Rodriguez that deserved WIN! And some votes for Elizabeth Olsen, Tobias Menzies and Matthew Rhys will be highly tasteful as well

Profile picture
    Bee
    Topics:

Jean Smart isn’t just getting a nomination, she can WIN for this (if the show isn’t bleak and/or she’s very showy).  Comedy is DIREEE and she will probably get namechecked for a nom and the race is weak enough for her to overtake Kaley Cuoco. Not to mention all of her wins are in Comedy.

Profile picture
    Sir Shaw
    Topics:

Speaking of Dickinson, I wonder if Jane Krakowski could “randomly” be the shows only above-the-line nom, similar to Sharon Gless for Burn Notice.

Long time working player in television, competing in a weaker field (and surely it can’t just be multiple Ted Lasso’s, SNL’ers and Flight Attendees)

Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

Problem is that Krakowski is actually the weakest of the three supporting woman. It’s not her fault, I just don’t think her character is written well or to the actress’ strengths, but she doesn’t seem to be quite enough of a name check to rise above the fact that fans of the show will probably be more likely to vote for Ella Hunt or Anna Baryshnikov, neither of whom are getting in. I think she only gets in it Dickinson somehow becomes a big overall contender, which it won’t. After all, she was only nominated for season 1 of UKS, which shows that she’s well-liked but not a strong name check, so people who aren’t watching the show likely won’t vote for her either.

Emmys FYC: Maya Erskine in PEN15, Paapa Essiedu in I May Destroy You, Keeley Hawes in It's a Sin, Carl Lumbly in TFATWS, Cristin Milioti in Made for Love, Elizabeth Olsen in WandaVision, Billie Piper in I Hate Suzie, Hailee Steinfeld in Dickinson, William Zabka in Cobra Kai

Profile picture
    Ryusei
    Topics:

Not really anything about the race going on but i watched half of Ted Lasso and totally get the hype. It’s fun, light-hearted, funny, has heart, makes you root for the main character. I love it. Hope it gets its dues.

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

Ted Lasso blowing up is the best thing that could’ve happened to Dickinson. I’m predicting it for Steinfeld and Writing, and while I feel secure about neither prediction, that Better Things comparison feels very apt.

Honestly, Dickinson deserves to blow up in noms. Its second season was absolutely incredible (much better than season 1) and deserves major recognition. It’s also quite original in its approach regarding the subject matter. I do agree, however, that its best chances are in Writing (sadly).

Profile picture
    Benjamonster86
    Topics:

I don’t think she’ll get nominated but for the record, Dickinson is my favorite performance from Krakowski. I found her super annoying in both 30 Rock and Kimmy Schmidt.

My blog: http://benjamonsterstv.blogspot.com/

My site: https://peaktvdatabase.weebly.com/

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Pen15 is probably competing next year as well with S2B, so i hope it could be like Dead to Me where Applegate joined first and then came Cardelini.

FYC Emmys: Get MJ Rodriguez that deserved WIN! And some votes for Elizabeth Olsen, Tobias Menzies and Matthew Rhys will be highly tasteful as well

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

The first half of the Season 1 of Dickinson is a mess. It has serious continuity problems (Something really serious happens in the third episode and it’s completely forgotten by the characters later) and the main character becomes really unlikable after some time, especially when she begins to dump the poor Sue out of nowhere.

The season does get better and I agree that Season 2 is really good and should be recognized more than The Kominsky Method, for example, but I think a lot of voters won’t get past the first half of the first season.

Hailee is the biggest possibility of the show because of how big she is right now.

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

Pen15 is probably competing next year as well with S2B, so i hope it could be like Dead to Me where Applegate joined first and then came Cardelini.

I don’t know if I’m the only one, but I don’t see one of the Pen15 girls getting in alone. It’s either both or neither imo. Neither has name recognition, like Applegate, and there’s still a chance the acting branch hasn’t caught up with the show.

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

I don’t know if I’m the only one, but I don’t see one of the Pen15 girls getting in alone. It’s either both or neither imo. Neither has name recognition, like Applegate, and there’s still a chance the acting branch hasn’t caught up with the show.

I don’t see the Pen15 girls getting in at all. It strikes me as a Series + Writing contender, like What We do in the Shadows.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

I won’t deny there’s a race
    But Cuoco has the SAG nod and her show did get the ensemble nod, actors are voting for her right now.

But Jean could be a late breaker and if the show is successful why shouldn’t she upset.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 500 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Comedy Predictions (Part 5)’ is closed to new replies.