Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Comedy Predictions (Part 5)

Emmys 2021 Comedy Predictions (Part 5)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 500 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
braydenfitzsi..
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

It would be funny if Busy Phillips is nominated and takes Michelle Williams as her guest instead of the usual other way round.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    TVLUVAH
    Topics:

“Girls5Eva” is absolutely hysterical!!! Really hope it grabs a truckload of very well deserved nominations and shakes up the Comedy race this year.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

MJ Rodriguez and Maya Rudolph for Apple TV

https://deadline.com/2021/05/mj-rodriguez-maya-rudolph-apple-comedy-series-alan-yang-matt-hubbard-1234752095/

She’s coming for that historical nod HARD, even if Pose isn’t it.

For Your Emmy Consideration:
    Matthew Rhys for "Perry Mason" | Ethan Hawke for "The Good Lord Bird", THE GOOD LORD BIRD in ALL CATEGORIES | Elizabeth Olsen and Kathryn Hahn for "Wandavision" | Tobias Menzies for "The Crown" | MJ Rodriguez for "Pose" | Jane Levy for "Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist"

Profile picture
    Harmen Moes
    Topics:

You’re not the only one who thinks like that. But i do believe that Maya Erskine is in a good position, she’s in people’s mouth with her new Star Wars project and she is more buzzed than Konkle, so I’m predicting only her.

Star Wars?? Which show??

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

MJ Rodriguez and Maya Rudolph for Apple TV https://deadline.com/2021/05/mj-rodriguez-maya-rudolph-apple-comedy-series-alan-yang-matt-hubbard-1234752095/ She’s coming for that historical nod HARD, even if Pose isn’t it.

The category is BOOKED. We love to see it.

Profile picture
    Harmen Moes
    Topics:

who do you think slots are in the 5 main comedy categories. These are my predictions…

Best Comedyseries.

1. Ted Lasso (AppleTV+)

2. The Flight Attendant (HBO Max)

3. The Kominsky Method (Netflix)

4. Pen15 (Hulu)

5. Masters of None (Netflix) Maybe…

6. Black-ish (ABC) maybe…

Beste Comedy Actor

1. Jason Sudeikis – Ted Lasso (AppleTV+)

2. Anthony Anderson – Black-ish (ABC)

3. Michael Douglas – The Kominsky Method (Netflix)

Best Comedy Actress

1. Kaley Cuoco – The Flight Attendant (HBO Max)

2. Tracee Ross – Black-ish (ABC)

3. Jane Levy – Zoey’s Extraordinary Playlist (NBC) maybe…

Best Supporting Actor.

1. Kenan Thompson – Saturday Night Live (NBC)

2. Bowen Yang – Saturday Night Live (NBC)

3. Brett Goldstein – Ted Lasso (AppleTV+)

4. Michiel Huisman – The Flight Attendant (HBO Max)

Best Supporting Actress

1. Hannah Weddingham – Ted Lasso (AppleTV+)

2. Kate McKinnon – Saturday Night Live (NBC)

3. Maya Rudolph – Saturday Night Live (NBC)

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

https://mobile.twitter.com/MarlowNYC/status/1390739401278431233

Kinda off topic, but I’ve waited so long for another season of Atlanta just for this dude to blow the whole thing away (along with his career). Now the show is doomed to bad press and bad reviews.

The article says that:

One Jewish woman was so sickened by the things she was hearing that she took the stage to directly ask Stanfield why he was involved in a conversation that was amplifying hate speech, according to three sources. But instead of taking the opportunity to condemn the anti-Semitism that was running rampant in the room, Stanfield reportedly shrugged off the concern and avoided any responsibility for participating.

“He told her, ‘This is probably an emotional kind of room for you, tensions are running high, and I understand this is a very heated room,’” Rifai recalled. “Then he just kind of danced around it not really saying anything.”

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

Star Wars?? Which show??

The Obi Wan miniseries

MJ Rodriguez and Maya Rudolph for Apple TV

https://deadline.com/2021/05/mj-rodriguez-maya-rudolph-apple-comedy-series-alan-yang-matt-hubbard-1234752095/

She’s coming for that historical nod HARD, even if Pose isn’t it.

Apple has surprisingly been hitting out the park with its quality programming recently, even things that didn’t click at first (Morning Show, Mankind, Dickinson) grew into themselves which is so rarely allowed in the streaming age.

Come thru MJ & Maya.

Emmys FYC | Alan Tudyk in “Resident Alien” | Billie Piper in “I Hate Suzie” | Ego Nwodim in “Saturday Night Live” | Kaley Cuoco in “Harley Quinn” | “Dickinson” | “P-Valley” | “Pose” | “Superstore”

Profile picture
    Harmen Moes
    Topics:

The Obi Wan miniseries

Hope that McGregor and Show get a nomination

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

The category is BOOKED. We love to see it.

I assume some of these sitcoms that are just being commissioned right now or just about to go into pre-production won’t arrive until after next season (it still takes a while to shoot during Covid!)

But yes go get that nod MJ!

https://mobile.twitter.com/MarlowNYC/status/1390739401278431233 Kinda off topic, but I’ve waited so long for another season of Atlanta just for this dude to blow the whole thing away (along with his career). Now the show is doomed to bad press and bad reviews. The article says that:

Idk about this but I don’t anticipate Atlanta to do very well awards wise next season. It gives me THT vibes (although I don’t think it will end up receiving negative/mixed reviews). I mean if you can’t win over Maisel or Barry in a weak year with a Spring air date, with one of the most critically acclaimed comedy seasons ever at a time when your star is the king of pop culture in a weak year then it’s not going to be very easy with internal competition (Shadows) and lots of external competition from other critical darlings, buzzy auteur driven pieces, actors branch favourites and high profile freshman series…

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    marcus_emn
    Topics:

I assume some of these sitcoms that are just being commissioned right now or just about to go into pre-production won’t arrive until after next season (it still takes a while to shoot during Covid!)

I agree with you, but I think Hopelesstar was just making a reference to Pose lol

Profile picture
    wilfredpickles
    Topics:

I mean if you can’t win over Maisel or Barry in a weak year with a Spring air date, with one of the most critically acclaimed comedy seasons ever at a time when your star is the king of pop culture in a weak year

I agree with you, but in hindsight I also think we overestimated Robbin’ Season. Yes it was widely viewed but it was also really, really unashamedly weird. It going 0 for 3 at TCA despite how much critics loved it should’ve been a huge warning sign. I adore the show but it won’t surprise me at all if it isn’t priority viewing for voters once it comes back.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I agree with you, but I think Hopelesstar was just making a reference to Pose lol

Haha I just realised.

Anyway go MJ!

Profile picture
    Kaguya-hime
    Topics:

Idk about this but I don’t anticipate Atlanta to do very well awards wise next season. It gives me THT vibes (although I don’t think it will end up receiving negative/mixed reviews). I mean if you can’t win over Maisel or Barry in a weak year with a Spring air date, with one of the most critically acclaimed comedy seasons ever at a time when your star is the king of pop culture in a weak year then it’s not going to be very easy with internal competition (Shadows) and lots of external competition from other critical darlings, buzzy auteur driven pieces, actors branch favourites and high profile freshman series…

Maisel and Barry weren’t exactly weak competition.

Profile picture
    orangestraw
    Topics:

You’re telling me I’m gonna have to choose between Rose Byrne and Maya Rudolph in future Lead Actress predictions centres? Can I do joint first?

FYC:
    Ego Nwodim ("SNL"), Nico Santos ("Superstore"), Lolly Adefope ("Shrill"), MJ Rodriguez ("Pose"), Kate Winslet, Julianne Nicholson ("Mare of Easttown"), Punam Patel ("Special")

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 500 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Comedy Predictions (Part 5)’ is closed to new replies.