Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Comedy Predictions (Part 6)

Emmys 2021 Comedy Predictions (Part 6)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 373 total)
Created
3 weeks ago
Last Reply
7 mins ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
JV
  • Profile picture
    Chris Beachum
    Topics:

Part 6 is now open.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

Lemme FYC some fringe contenders for lurking voters

REG

Tudyk

Nwodim

Emmys FYC | Alan Tudyk in “Resident Alien” | Billie Piper in “I Hate Suzie” | Ego Nwodim in “Saturday Night Live” | Kaley Cuoco in “Harley Quinn” | “Dickinson” | “P-Valley” | “Pose” | “Superstore”

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Onion
    Topics:

REG

The way Wickie came out of nowhere and became my favorite character of the year so far is beyond me. Come on, voters, get Girls5eva and Renée Elise Goldsberry their very much deserved noms!

FYC Emmys: What are you waiting 5 to support Girls5eva? (and It's a Sin too!)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Chloe Sevigny stan <3
    Topics:

Name a more iconic duo

Emmy FYC!!: Chloe Sevigny (We Are Who We Are), MJ Rodriguez (Pose), Billy Porter (Pose), Emma Corrin (The Crown), Elisabeth Moss (The Handmaid’s Tale), Maya Erskine (Pen15), Anna Konkle (Pen15), Naomi Ackie (Master of None), Thuso Mbedu (The Underground Railroad), Kate Winslet (Mare of Easttown), Michaela Coel (I May Destroy You)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Lol, this scene 😂

For Your Emmy Consideration:
    Matthew Rhys for "Perry Mason" | Ethan Hawke for "The Good Lord Bird", THE GOOD LORD BIRD in ALL CATEGORIES | Elizabeth Olsen and Kathryn Hahn for "Wandavision" | Tobias Menzies for "The Crown" | MJ Rodriguez for "Pose" | Jane Levy for "Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist"

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    orangestraw
    Topics:

Lemme FYC some fringe contenders for lurking voters REG Tudyk Nwodim

Yessssss all. of. the. above.

FYC:
    Ego Nwodim ("SNL"), Nico Santos ("Superstore"), Lolly Adefope ("Shrill"), MJ Rodriguez ("Pose"), Kate Winslet, Julianne Nicholson ("Mare of Easttown"), Punam Patel ("Special")

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

I’ve been extremely skeptical of SNL all season, but with all the final season rumors flying around for the cast, we need to watch out for performers’ chances rapidly rising if they announce they’re leaving, mostly Davidson and Bryant. Doesn’t matter how unpopular the season has been if nostalgia comes into play.

And after that Weekend Update, Strong’s nomination is probably cinched regardless, though she had the most obvious swan song (literally).

Emmys FYC: Maya Erskine in PEN15, Paapa Essiedu in I May Destroy You, Keeley Hawes in It's a Sin, Carl Lumbly in TFATWS, Cristin Milioti in Made for Love, Elizabeth Olsen in WandaVision, Billie Piper in I Hate Suzie, Hailee Steinfeld in Dickinson, William Zabka in Cobra Kai

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I think if the rumours about McKinnon, Strong and Bryant are true (which it feels like is most definitely the case when it comes to Strong) that both Maya Rudolph and Chloe Fineman are out. At the start of the season it felt like they both had a tonne of individual buzz but now they feel overshadowed.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

McKinnon and Thompson are obviously safe to return, whether they’re leaving or not.

McKinnon’s moment has kind of already passed. Strong will actually probably be above her, but ultimately Waddingham and Ted Lasso will likely be too strong. I could see Cecily being a very tight second though.

However, supporting actor does not have an obvious winner, and Thompson does announce his departure, I think we’ll finally have a frontrunner. He’s been a staple for so SO long, and even though I don’t think he’s anybody’s favorite, the field is empty enough and Ted Lasso has so many players on the field that he’ll be the one to beat. Yang is popular, but everyone will know that he’ll have more shots at the gold. Career award time.

Emmys FYC: Maya Erskine in PEN15, Paapa Essiedu in I May Destroy You, Keeley Hawes in It's a Sin, Carl Lumbly in TFATWS, Cristin Milioti in Made for Love, Elizabeth Olsen in WandaVision, Billie Piper in I Hate Suzie, Hailee Steinfeld in Dickinson, William Zabka in Cobra Kai

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

McKinnon’s moment has kind of already passed, and Waddingham will be too strong.

I actually think Strong can beat Waddingham.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    TheCriticsChoice
    Topics:

Remember how Rutherford Falls had buzz for about half a day 😬 already forgot about that show.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

I actually think Strong can beat Waddingham.

LOL you quoted me right while I was going back to edit my post to agree with you. I’ve felt Waddingham’s been a bit of a weak frontrunner all season (the Ted Lasso love seems to be largely centered around Sudeikis), and while I am going to keep her in first for now, I completely agree with you. Cecily will be second at worst. Will wait to see how the reactions to the official cast departure announcements are received. It seems a decent block of them will be announcing, and if people seem especially devastated about Cecily (which they already seem to be) I am ready to put her in first. Disappointed I took out my good odds on her a few weeks ago.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

Remember how Rutherford Falls had buzz for about half a day 😬 already forgot about that show.

It wasn’t terrible, but it oddly suffered from the same problems that Parks & Rec S1 did (and are easily fixable)

Ed Helms = Mark Brendanawicz
    The Statue = The Pit

Emmys FYC | Alan Tudyk in “Resident Alien” | Billie Piper in “I Hate Suzie” | Ego Nwodim in “Saturday Night Live” | Kaley Cuoco in “Harley Quinn” | “Dickinson” | “P-Valley” | “Pose” | “Superstore”

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 373 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.